Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 12-06-2003, 12:52 PM   #1
evilinside09

i found these coilovers for a j-bod on this site and was wondering if they would fit our cars. i posted this in this section because i'm more concerned with the appearance of the drop than the handling of it.

http://dragevolution2200.com/Evolution_Sto...Suspension.html

basically, need to know if any of those will fit. really interested in the skunk2 ones. btw, they're for a cavalier.
Old 12-08-2003, 02:46 AM   #2
dopey

if u want a lower drop just get intraxx and cut a coil off of each spring. will give u a nice low drop
Old 12-08-2003, 07:38 AM   #3
evilinside09

but the point of getting coilovers is because the ride height is adjustable...great for michigan winters.
Old 12-08-2003, 01:21 PM   #4
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
j-body springs don't work, from what i have heard.
Old 12-08-2003, 02:36 PM   #5
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
if you get coilovers....you wont adjust them very much. every time you do you SHOULD get an alignment. im keepin mine where they have always been this winter.
Old 12-08-2003, 03:38 PM   #6
dopey

i dont believe those would even fit the struts............

i do know which coilovers will work on our cars........ but thats my little secret
Old 12-08-2003, 04:10 PM   #7
sound_xtreme
GLS member

Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
yea, i forgot to mention that. pretty sure those sleeves wont fit and if they do the springs would be so stiff you wont get any drop.

coilovers arent easy for our cars.
Old 12-08-2003, 04:49 PM   #8
evilinside09

which coilovers do work, sweet?
Old 12-09-2003, 12:48 AM   #9
99blackalero

Quote:
Originally posted by SweetAlero99@Dec 8 2003, 02:46 AM
if u want a lower drop just get intraxx and cut a coil off of each spring. will give u a nice low drop
het sweet, how much more of a drop do u get from cutting a coil off each one, and how safe is it to do that?
Old 12-10-2003, 07:10 PM   #10
Americangirl

The Cavalier coilover's will not work. However, the sleeves do fit our struts. I put them on and it raised my car at the lowest setting. The springs are a bouncy especially in the rear. I might try them again and modify the strut. If your going to try it use Accord or maybe Prelude coilovers.
Old 12-10-2003, 09:49 PM   #11
sound_xtreme
GLS member

none of them will lower the car without doing some major modifications to the struts.(which i have done with my set)

There is one other custom set for the alero out there that i made and they have a custom set of coilovers on it. VERY short springs.
Old 12-10-2003, 10:20 PM   #12
sound_xtreme
GLS member

WEll, i decided to start he coilover makin back up. Thread below has more info.

http://invision.aleromod.com/index.p...=ST&f=12&t=726
Old 12-23-2003, 03:27 AM   #13
AleroGL4

If you want a quality full coil-over set up get Bilstien's (sp?) They're very spendy though...over $1,000.
Old 01-10-2004, 01:35 AM   #14
racin4JC
GL Member

racin4JC is an unknown quantity at this point
hey man check out redlineracing.com I got some for my 99 alero that were made for a cavalier everything works just get stock springs taken off and these slid right on! Live in ND so I know what your talkin about snow and all! Only problem I have had is I had to move the sleeve to back and the springs are a little light for the front so when you hit big bumps it doesn't sound good!
racin4JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 04:24 AM   #15
Final-Reality

Quote:
Originally posted by racin4JC@Jan 10 2004, 06:35 AM
Only problem I have had is I had to move the sleeve to back and the springs are a little light for the front so when you hit big bumps it doesn't sound good!
Oh, so your car could bottom out... IS THAT ALL?

Thats totally bunnying unsafe, change that poop before you bottom your car on a bad bump, lose control and kill someone :thumbsup:
Old 01-10-2004, 01:53 PM   #16
sound_xtreme
GLS member

he's not bottoming out his car. just the strut. it is impossible to bottom out the car with stock struts(and maybe even kyb's).