Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 05-13-2006, 01:27 PM   #1
Orion

Thumbs down

I got tar on my car last year on both sides, under the doors kind of. It's been on for over a year. But any suggestions on what to use to remove the tar, and HOW to remove it ??? Please HELP!

Old 05-13-2006, 01:31 PM   #2
SweetNLow
GLS member

SweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond repute
go to autozone. look at the shelves. its called....... BUG AND TAR REMOVER .... who wouldve thunk it

SweetNLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 01:37 PM   #3
Orion

haha thanks ... lol :P

Any other suggestions? Not that I am not going to try that, but anyone elses thoughts?
Old 05-13-2006, 01:42 PM   #4
Chucklez05

I use wax and greese remover, the same stuff we use to prep cars for painting. just make sure you rewax your car after you get the tar of cuz most everything will strip of all the wax.

Also and oldtimer body man told me once to use peanut butter, swore up and down that it worked better then anything but i never tried it.
Old 05-13-2006, 02:51 PM   #5
derek_ski99
GL Member

derek_ski99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to derek_ski99 Send a message via Yahoo to derek_ski99
i use mothers showtime shine for a lubricant and the clay bar to get off the tar.

whatever you do dont use a brillo pad...my girlfriend is not car smart (she thought skin so soft soap and a brillo pad would do the job) yeah it just scratched the hell out of her car. haha good thing for her i detail and managed to get them out
Brent: and in the end...... cherrington is still a cum dumpster whose closest contact with HOT women is through a car internet forum ........... so as long as we can agree on that........ we can all go back to being friends.

Being Brents friend is teh hotness
derek_ski99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 03:09 PM   #6
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
Quote:
Originally posted by Chucklez05@May 13 2006, 12:42 PM
I use wax and greese remover, the same stuff we use to prep cars for painting. just make sure you rewax your car after you get the tar of cuz most everything will strip of all the wax.

ya, i always used prepsall cause thats what i had layin round. bug and tar remover is probably betters suited for the job though.
Old 05-13-2006, 03:24 PM   #7
doubleN0alero
They call me 8 point!!

doubleN0alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to doubleN0alero Send a message via Yahoo to doubleN0alero
i use turtlewax bug and tar remover and some serious elbow grease and you'll be set
Old 05-13-2006, 04:06 PM   #8
Chucklez05

Quote:
Originally posted by sound_xtreme+May 13 2006, 02:09 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sound_xtreme @ May 13 2006, 02:09 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Chucklez05@May 13 2006, 12:42 PM
I use wax and greese remover, the same stuff we use to prep cars for painting.Â;-) just make sure you rewax your car after you get the tar of cuz most everything will strip of all the wax.

ya, i always used prepsall cause thats what i had layin round. bug and tar remover is probably betters suited for the job though.
[/b][/quote]

Yea i'm sure that tar and bug remover would work better also, its made to remove that stuff and im sure its a little stronger also. I just use PPG's DX330 or Omnis equivilant. the 330 is not quite as strong but still managed to work but took some efort to get it off.
Old 05-13-2006, 04:56 PM   #9
Orion

Thanks guys i will get some tomorrow. I am tinting my head and taillights tomorrow, so i might as well try that also.
Old 05-13-2006, 05:29 PM   #10
SweetNLow
GLS member

SweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond repute
dude dont tint your headlights. it will look like complete sh*t

Old 05-13-2006, 06:52 PM   #11
derek_ski99
GL Member

derek_ski99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to derek_ski99 Send a message via Yahoo to derek_ski99
dont tint them how? black?
Brent: and in the end...... cherrington is still a cum dumpster whose closest contact with HOT women is through a car internet forum ........... so as long as we can agree on that........ we can all go back to being friends.

Being Brents friend is teh hotness
derek_ski99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 09:07 PM   #12
SweetNLow
GLS member

he said he was gonna use nite shades on the clear lens part. dude already has blackouts........ if u want hte darker look stick with the blackouts.

Old 05-13-2006, 09:35 PM   #13
Orion

I no longer have the black outs i sold them