Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 03-29-2008, 07:28 AM   #41
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBLOHM3400 View Post
aftermarket company (can't remember the name) sold a plug and play kit of gm trucks 1989 to ? that kept the lowson when you turn the highs on i know that the plugin for the headlights are the same between our cars and gm trucks
just a thought
This is alot cheaper!
Old 03-29-2008, 03:39 PM   #42
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Ok all the bugs worked out and the problem I found was the ground being bad so I changed the ground and all is fine. Both lights look great light up, I will be finishing the fogs today, I also priced those kits that GM put out there, and to be honest they are like 20 bucks to much in my eyes if you have most of the stuff. Have fun and enjoy!
Old 03-29-2008, 05:56 PM   #43
jayson_waltz
GLS member

jayson_waltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jayson_waltz
this is definately my next thing to do on my car, just the other day i was holding the switch half way so i could see better going down gravel. got any pic of them both working bright now?
Props for being the one to finally get the wires and everything figured out for how to do this, i never wanted to try b\c i'm not good doing relays without the right wire colors lol
jayson_waltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 09:12 PM   #44
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayson_waltz View Post
this is definately my next thing to do on my car, just the other day i was holding the switch half way so i could see better going down gravel. got any pic of them both working bright now?
Props for being the one to finally get the wires and everything figured out for how to do this, i never wanted to try b\c i'm not good doing relays without the right wire colors lol
No pics but thats no problem I'll take a few tonight and post them in a few minutes, better make that about half an hour. I just drove down the road and can't believe the difference and I finally got the fogs dones as well so its crazy. Really easy install took like 20 mins tops. I think that I want some of those bright bulbs now cause if they are this bright without them I could only imagine how its going to be with ultra bright bulbs. So give me a few and I'll have up some pics.

REFER TO POST 19 ON HOW TO WIRE THE RELAYS IT HAS BEEN TESTED AND PROVED.

Last edited by lonnie : 03-29-2008 at 09:19 PM.
lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 10:03 PM   #45
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Final Pics

Heres the before:
Attachment 3956

Here's the After...after I fixed the ground notice that the lows are bright, and the fogs are on.
Attachment 3957

Last edited by lonnie : 05-09-2008 at 10:39 AM.
lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 12:09 AM   #46
alerocar01
V.I.P. Member

alerocar01 is an unknown quantity at this point
wow looks very nice. good work. time to make a step by step how to...

DO WORK
alerocar01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 08:17 AM   #47
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

^^If anyone needs that I will but its pretty simple and I can easily explain now if anyone has any questions. I'll check back later if enough people want a how to then I'll do it this evening..I got alot going on today, but if you follow that drawing then you will be set the colors tell you on what wire to tap into so for example everyting in orange would go to the orange wire, and so on and so forth. Let me know and I'll get one up if needed.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:47 PM   #48
black
Thread Crapper

black is on a distinguished road
wow, this thread went off.

great work people!!!!

lonnie, your work is a lot simpler than what i did.

time to redo what i did...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttop191 View Post
I now know how to chronically please rectums
black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 03:55 PM   #49
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by black View Post
wow, this thread went off.

great work people!!!!

lonnie, your work is a lot simpler than what i did.

time to redo what i did...
Well thank you, once you get them done lets see a pic, and let me tell you I used quick taps and you may have to finagle it to get the harness back into the hole there but I just removed alittle of the plastic there and all is good. Bye the way how did you do yours?
Old 03-31-2008, 04:13 PM   #50
black
Thread Crapper

black is on a distinguished road
i tapped into the light switch on my steering column.

using a relay and a switch.

the switch is to over ride the relay.

it is a bad job and i need to redo it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttop191 View Post
I now know how to chronically please rectums
black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 06:00 PM   #51
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by black View Post
i tapped into the light switch on my steering column.

using a relay and a switch.

the switch is to over ride the relay.

it is a bad job and i need to redo it.
Oh ok well I hope this works out for you, and hope that we answered any questions that you may have or had. I think you'll like this, and I mounted my relays on the passenger side in the corner just in front of the coolant resevoir. I have a 2.4L so theres plenty of space.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:36 PM   #52
jayson_waltz
GLS member

I just did this tonight, its really easy to do and works amazing. I just did it to my passenger headlight and put the relay (one 1, no fogs) in front of the coolant tank. Looks pretty professional too. Good part about it is if you ever want to tempoarily go back to normal for some wierd reason, all you have to do is unplug the relay and its stock again.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:42 AM   #53
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Good deal man! Are you going to add the fogs? You will be surprised how much more of a difference it makes. I think I'm going to pick up some of the ultra bright bulbs for the lows and highs.
Old 04-01-2008, 02:40 AM   #54
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
One quick question about this. If you flash your high beams during the day, does it make the lows come on?

Also, do the high-beam DRLs have to be disabled for this to work?
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:33 AM   #55
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff8928 View Post
One quick question about this. If you flash your high beams during the day, does it make the lows come on?

Also, do the high-beam DRLs have to be disabled for this to work?
Ok well I never tried, but its logical to assume that every time you switch the high beams then the lows will come on as well..which technically isn't a bad thing cause they aren't going to blind anyone during the day and you will get whoever's attention quicker. To answer the 2nd part to that no they do not..to explain it alot better all you are doing if you do this is telling the low beams to come on whenever you turn your high beams on. Thats the only time they will come on, and your lights will function as normal.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:20 AM   #56
jayson_waltz
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnie View Post
Are you going to add the fogs?
Nope, i don't have any fogs installed on my car.

And yes, the lows do come on when you flash the highs.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:36 PM   #57
Cliff8928

Ok, then I'm gonna have to work this a different way then. I don't want the HIDs coming on if i flash the highs during the day.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:41 PM   #58
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
Ok, then I'm gonna have to work this a different way then. I don't want the HIDs coming on if i flash the highs during the day.
Ok help me understand then Cliff not trying to be funny but what could you want to flash someone for in the day, and if so wouldn't it be better to have more light then not. To solve that problem though you could put a switch between the connection of the relay and the orange wire...this will disable the relays until you flip the switch...problem solved, and no sweat involved.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:03 PM   #59
Cliff8928

But, if you were to flash someone during the day, I wouldn't want to put that strain on my HIDs.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:19 PM   #60
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
But, if you were to flash someone during the day, I wouldn't want to put that strain on my HIDs.
HID's use less power then regular bulbs so you wouldn't be straining them at all, and would be far from it. When ever you flash you lights now the lows come on with them any way. Plus unless you are a habitual flasher (Ha Ha) then you aren't going to flash enough to casue any problems at all. I'm not trying to convince you to do this, cause I or anyone else has done it, and ultimately its all about what you are comfortable with, but you'll never strain them.