Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 06-29-2009, 10:14 PM   #1
Max_The_Axe
GX Member

Max_The_Axe is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Wont start :(

Hey it me I know I have never been on here but i could use some help. I have a 01 alero. It has been running fine until reccently. It will not start. It will crank and it will sound like it is about to start but it will not. I have changed the wires the spark plugs and I am sure that it was done right. The battery works fine and it has 14 which is normal. It is well grounded and it was not a gradual thing it just stopped one day. There is a spark and there is gas. I think it is the timing belt but I have no idea how to check or even get near it. Do I have to take the whole engine apart just to check it? . any help would be great because right now it is done for. time to whip out the bike
Old 06-29-2009, 10:25 PM   #2
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
does it sound like there is compression on all cyls?

open the oil cap, crank and see of the rockers move
Old 06-29-2009, 11:22 PM   #3
CactusWill
GLS member

CactusWill is on a distinguished road
Its not getting fuel. The security light flashing? Fuel pump developing fuel pressure?
CactusWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:19 AM   #4
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Not an engine guy but something stood out to me....The battery shouldn't read 14volts unless the engine is running. With the engine off the battery voltage should be around 12.6v
Old 06-30-2009, 10:21 AM   #5
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
How many miles are on the car?
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:41 AM   #6
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
around 180,000
Old 06-30-2009, 03:05 PM   #7
Max_The_Axe
GX Member

Max_The_Axe is on a distinguished road
There is compression on all cylinders. The fuel pump is working and the reason it is 14 because I had it hooked up to another car just trying to jump it. There is no security light and the service engine soon light is not flashing. It has 130,000 miles and I just want to at least check the belt. does anyone know how to check the belt without dissassemblingthe motor?
Old 06-30-2009, 03:38 PM   #8
guiguilandry
Premier V.I.P. Member

guiguilandry is on a distinguished road
no belt on those engine noob... it is a timing chain... if there is compression on all the cylinder like you say, this is obviously not the chain......... btw did you took a gauge to check the actual fuel pressure, because you can hear the pump but it still can be shot if the impeller shaft is broke(I've seen that a couple of times)
And there is no way to check the chain without dissasembling the engine it is behind the front timing cover...

www.demonautosport.ca
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2941359
http://demonautosport.monchar.com/
guiguilandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:29 PM   #9
itsbmw

Does it crank then shut off? or what?