Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 11-22-2010, 03:04 PM   #1
C_EICK

Car won't start.

Hey guys, I went to start my car yesterday at work and It would not start. need some help diagnosing. I don't think it is getting gas, I have plenty of spark, just won't start up. Could this be weather related?? we had our first hard freeze this week...Any suggestions??
Old 11-22-2010, 03:08 PM   #2
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe you ran out of gas.

How did you tell it's sparking?
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:15 PM   #3
jayson_waltz
GLS member

jayson_waltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jayson_waltz
out of gas, fuel pump, security system...
There are lots of possibilities here. But first off, how did you check for spark on a 2.4? They don't have plug wires where you can just take the plug out, ground it and look. Security light on? Can you hear the fuel pump turn on when you turn the key to on?
jayson_waltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:20 PM   #4
C_EICK

My buddy did for me, I'm not very mechanically inclined.

no Sec light, and yes I can hear the pump.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:24 PM   #5
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
How exactly did you use the spark tester?

To see if the silly VATS that GM set up is preventing you from starting the car, turn the key to ON and let it sit that way for no less than 11 minutes. Turn key off and remove, re-insert and attempt to start.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:29 PM   #6
C_EICK

Wouldn't The Security light be lit if it was Passlock related??

I'm at work, my buddy said he tested the spark plugs.