Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 01-24-2009, 06:47 PM   #1
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to XanderWiFi
Window Air Leaks

I have read that air noise through the window is a general problem with the Alero. Has anyone found any way to counter it though? Tips or tricks?
Old 01-24-2009, 07:42 PM   #2
comanche
V.I.P. Member

comanche is an unknown quantity at this point
Which window do you mean?... I know I have had issues with the rear window, but ignored it.
comanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 08:06 PM   #3
99alerogirl
Female.

99alerogirl will become famous soon enough
I have a window leak, but mines because people bent a small part of my b pillar thing in order to bust my window out and steal my shit. you may wanna see if there's even a small bend in the pillar. mines real small, but it sounds like a rush of air coming in
99alerogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 08:09 PM   #4
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
both my doors have a small gap that is formed from wind blowing across the car. it pushes the door away from the frame a bit, allowing a small amount of air to whistle through the door and the weatherstripping.

bdyman suggested putting my knee against the door and lightly bouncing the top frame of the door down and in. it DID fix the problem temporarily... but it came back now. not sure what to do about it.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:47 PM   #5
cliffordwoeller
You got beat by an Alero!

cliffordwoeller is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cliffordwoeller Send a message via MSN to cliffordwoeller Send a message via Yahoo to cliffordwoeller
yeah I have some wind noise coming from my back driver side window ... and I have been wantingt to fix it. I think I heard some where if you slice your weather stripping open a little bit(providing you have the hollow round subber or what ever material it is ) and get like some really small hose like thing and just feed it in there it will bring the life back to that weather stripping I dunno if you guys can get what I am saying but I am pretty sure I seen that on some car tech show or something
cliffordwoeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:16 PM   #6
sk8rsteve2004
GX Member

sk8rsteve2004 is on a distinguished road
I have that problem also with my car. Its coming from the rear passenger side window. It doesn't really bother me that much.
sk8rsteve2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:19 PM   #7
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
have same problem on my 3400 both doors are annoying
Nate's Alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:23 PM   #8
ares89
GL Member

ares89 is on a distinguished road
rear passenger does it... makes you rethink if you closed the door tight or not hehe..

*New Daily* 2009 Ford Mustang 4.0L Convertible - Vista Blue with Silver Striping
ares89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:26 PM   #9
MixtapeMessiah
Southern Fly Boy returns

MixtapeMessiah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to MixtapeMessiah
I got the same problem, Im thinkin maybe the weatherstripping around the door seal and window seal are just getting old, all of our cars are gettin up there in age...mines 9 years old already
Old 01-24-2009, 11:39 PM   #10
whiterider00
GLS member

whiterider00 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffordwoeller View Post
yeah I have some wind noise coming from my back driver side window ...

x3...ive just learned to ignore it tho.
whiterider00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 04:14 AM   #11
CactusWill
GLS member

CactusWill is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixtapeMessiah View Post
I got the same problem, Im thinkin maybe the weatherstripping around the door seal and window seal are just getting old, all of our cars are gettin up there in age...mines 9 years old already

Yeah thats what I was thinking too. Its not the windows that are leaking, its the weatherstripping. You can condition your weatherstripping seals with die-electric grease, that is what is recommended by GM. It should help bring them back to life a little bit.
CactusWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:10 AM   #12
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
right i also said to replace the body side weather striping, and readjust the striker, put the glass down put your knee on the trim panle and pull back towards you

not just in one spot but along the whole door frame, take a dollar bill and check the sealing of the door, i mean put the bill in between the door and the body when you close and check the lenght of the door, bill in close bill out move it an inch close door see what iam saying

ya dont bend the door frame with glass up it wont work, try all that again see what happens
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 07:12 PM   #13
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Same here driver side rear...only hear it when the music is turned down, so it basically doesn't exist.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:32 PM   #14
MixtapeMessiah
Southern Fly Boy returns

MixtapeMessiah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to MixtapeMessiah
lol I just say blast ur music all the time like I do and ur problem will go away
Old 01-25-2009, 08:16 PM   #15
jrim
GL Member

jrim is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to jrim
Same lol, passenger side rear here
Old 01-26-2009, 09:36 PM   #16
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah...it's the rear windows for me too...I don't know. I am OC and I don't feel like blasting my music all the time. Just bugs me.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:03 AM   #17
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdyman View Post
right i also said to replace the body side weather striping, and readjust the striker, put the glass down put your knee on the trim panle and pull back towards you

not just in one spot but along the whole door frame, take a dollar bill and check the sealing of the door, i mean put the bill in between the door and the body when you close and check the lenght of the door, bill in close bill out move it an inch close door see what iam saying

ya dont bend the door frame with glass up it wont work, try all that again see what happens

sometime w/in the last year, the black stripping that runs along my windshield came loose, passenger side. i have reason to believe that also affects how my weatherstripping is sealing. is there an easy way to replace that? (for the time being, i've just used some silicone to reattach it back down) due to said silicone (not exactly your correct method of fixing it) the top is solid and doesn't move.. but the bottom is still pretty loose.

its either from the accident i had on that side. either they didn't notice, or it wasn't bad, but since then has broke free. OR ice builds up under it, and has broken it free. either way.. i know its not a good thing.

Edit: dielectric grease... i'm an idiot.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:34 AM   #18
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

I would say your clean/conditioner washing products? Anything that looks like it could dry out I try to condition with something when I wash my car. That is a preventative measure though, I do not know about restoration.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:43 AM   #19
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderWiFi View Post
I would say your clean/conditioner washing products? Anything that looks like it could dry out I try to condition with something when I wash my car. That is a preventative measure though, I do not know about restoration.
Are we washing hair, or cleaning a car here I'm confused...?
Old 03-01-2009, 11:15 AM   #20
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

Haha I like to condition my hair, while conditioning my car. It's like monkeys getting ticks off one another!

But you get my point right?