Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 09-26-2010, 08:30 PM   #1
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Lowering car....questions

Ok well i know i should go with the adjustables....but they are pretty damn expensive. Right now i NEED struts bad and the GR-2's fit my budget so dont go telling me to get the other ones.

Anything will be better than what i have now

I was going to get the springs and struts from andysautosport....but they dont have the "camber adjustment kit" and i want to make sure everything is done the right way. I will be bringing it to this place around here that does good work and has an alignment machine....but i want everything to go smooth no problems. So this camber kit is a must, right?
http://www.pfyc.com/pc/GN4009/ALSUSP...ment+Kits.html

Now, idk which one i need.....is it the first one? there are two different part numbers.....on the bottom it says alero front (measure to be sure)..... so which one will work? idk why it would say that.

But yea 4 struts all around, eibach springs and camber kit....does that sound good? anything else i need? OH i also have polyurethane bushings i wanted them to put on. Got them a while ago...

PLEASE GET BACK TO ME ASAP SO I CAN ORDER THESE!!! :P

THANK YOU!
Old 09-26-2010, 08:51 PM   #2
mfuller

Eibach Pro-kit springs give a minimal drop and do not require camber-correcting bolts.
I'll assume your poly busings are for the control arms - bushings require a bushing press, and cutting the old ones out isn't easy or cheap, so if you're short on cash you might want to skip this for now.
You will need an alignment though.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:55 PM   #3
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfuller View Post
Eibach Pro-kit springs give a minimal drop and do not require camber-correcting bolts.
I'll assume your poly busings are for the control arms - bushings require a bushing press, and cutting the old ones out isn't easy or cheap, so if you're short on cash you might want to skip this for now.
You will need an alignment though.

Cool! Thanks man. Im not necessarily short on cash....but im on a budget. I will ask how much they charge for the bushings.....i was a little worried about how much its gonna come to....lol....cool, gonna order this stuff now. Im excited to get this bitch lowered finally..... omgosh its been too long.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:33 PM   #4
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
billy i have kyb gr-2 struts for sale and drop zone springs for sale
would be a great set up
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:47 PM   #5
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdyman View Post
billy i have kyb gr-2 struts for sale and drop zone springs for sale
would be a great set up

Thanks dude....i forgot u were sellin those struts... but i cant do drop zone....this car is driven year 'round and the eibachs are perfect for what i need. Thank you though....hey i will give you a call sometime....when is the best time for me to call?
Old 09-27-2010, 12:56 AM   #6
guiguilandry
Premier V.I.P. Member

guiguilandry is on a distinguished road
i drive my black one year round and the roads here are terrible and lots of snoe on the winter... still i have gr2 and CM that gives the same drop than dropzone...

www.demonautosport.ca
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2941359
http://demonautosport.monchar.com/
guiguilandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:23 AM   #7
pimpalero2003
GLS member

pimpalero2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Didn't think we needed bolts? The dzs really aren't bad snow and ice storms here and never had a problem
Old 09-27-2010, 06:54 PM   #8
guiguilandry
Premier V.I.P. Member

guiguilandry is on a distinguished road
don't need bolt if you have the gr2 because the holes for the knuckle are slotted and you have enough camber adjustment only with that... both of my cars are dropped and still on the specs without camber bolts...

www.demonautosport.ca
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2941359
http://demonautosport.monchar.com/
guiguilandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:59 PM   #9
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheman1188 View Post
Thanks dude....i forgot u were sellin those struts... but i cant do drop zone....this car is driven year 'round and the eibachs are perfect for what i need. Thank you though....hey i will give you a call sometime....when is the best time for me to call?

after 6pm is best
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:00 PM   #10
clutch1
GLS member

clutch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clutch1
Quote:

Drove my car year around on Dropzone springs.. don't be a wimp.

Can't even tell the eibach's drop it unless you line up side by side, dropzone looks soooo good. Buy them all off bdyman.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:12 AM   #11
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

EIBACH IS NO LONGER MAKING SPRINGS FOR OUR CARS.......the guy from andysautosport told me eibach is in the research and development stage for newer "better" springs....idk...he said its a rumor going around.

I checked other sites....not in stock

i might have to go lower
Old 09-28-2010, 09:01 AM   #12
Alerojester
GL Member

Alerojester is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Alerojester
well if i could get bdyman's stuff i would but im really short on cash with trying to keep $$$ for the engine and all that i am gonna need to get it in and change fluids

stock 2.4-building a WAI to a CAI 3A Racing muffler- ~Kicker Door speakers and Power Accustic rear speakers 10% tint 18x7.5 Alt Sonix, 2001 GLS sedan
Alerojester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 01:54 PM   #13
hotrodwolf
GX Member

hotrodwolf is on a distinguished road
So to conclude, Do you DONT have to get a camber kit? I'm about to put gr2 struts with springtech springs. Will i need to have an alignment? and do i need a camber kit? Sounds like no kit due to slotted struts, but alignment is still a must? just want to be sure i get it right.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:15 PM   #14
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
no camber. yes alignment
Old 09-30-2010, 04:05 PM   #15
Blktrax
GX Member

Blktrax is on a distinguished road
Quote:
EIBACH IS NO LONGER MAKING SPRINGS FOR OUR CARS.......the guy from andysautosport told me eibach is in the research and development stage for newer "better" springs....idk...he said its a rumor going around.

I checked other sites....not in stock

i might have to go lower

Will the Grand Am springs not work? I assumed they would because that was my plan. The only thing I noticed before the aleros were discontinued was they offered less of a drop than the GA.

$239.95
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EIB-3875-140/
Brand Eibach
Manufacturer's Part Number 3875.140
Part Type Lowering Springs
Product Line Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs
Summit Racing Part Number EIB-3875-140
UPC 803050127679

Make PONTIAC
Model GRAND AM
Beginning Year 1999
Ending Year 2005
Engine Type V6
Liter 3.4
CID 207
Engine Size 3.4L/207
Engine Family GM V6
Amount of Drop Front 1.200 in.
Amount of Drop Rear 1.300 in.
Drivetrain FWD
Chassis N-body
Body Style Sedan
Doors 4-door

Last edited by Blktrax : 09-30-2010 at 04:08 PM.
Blktrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 04:11 PM   #16
Lucalare
GLS member

Lucalare is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Lucalare
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodwolf View Post
So to conclude, Do you DONT have to get a camber kit? I'm about to put gr2 struts with springtech springs. Will i need to have an alignment? and do i need a camber kit? Sounds like no kit due to slotted struts, but alignment is still a must? just want to be sure i get it right.

If you make any change to your suspension or steering, you always get an alignment. Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blktrax View Post
Will the Grand Am springs not work? I assumed they would because that was my plan. The only thing I noticed before the aleros were discontinued was they offered less of a drop than the GA.

Should work, Grand Am and Alero are identical in everything but interior and body other than the unibody.
Lucalare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 06:12 PM   #17
robalero
GLS member

robalero is on a distinguished road
come spring time ( when ill be installing new struts and lowering springs ) I am putting a new camber kit on it as well since mine looks like if I needed to adjust the rear camber ( just had it aligned yesterday and rear camber is slightly off by nothing major ) so new cambers won't hurt anything I mean its only an extra $30 why not do it
robalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 06:47 PM   #18
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
or you could just buy some grade five bolts for $5