Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 09-02-2006, 01:18 AM   #41
mustang_killer
It's Shake 'n' Bake Time

mustang_killer is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mustang_killer
You know, I was all for the aluminum at first. But after seeing that pic. I think I have second thoughts about it. That thing looks nasty. Man thats ugly. Sorry man, Not on an alero.
mustang_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 03:26 AM   #42
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
lol

Never made fun of yours; just didn't like your egotistical views of your own car, and hate for anything but a stock looking car. That and assuming everyone says "naws."

Egotistical? OK I don't really understand how I am.

It took me just under 5 years to build up this car to where it is now, and after all the reseach, dead ends, and lots of money, I have a NA Alero that runs a pretty good time in the 1/4 mile. About 1.5 seconds over stock. So you view the pride in someone's work as egotistical, then my friend you really have serious issues.

Some people here think that I think my car is the fastest in the world, Like I could kick the shit out of a Viper and that's not true. I know what I can match, beat, kick the shit out of, and kick the shit out of me. I beat, not killed, a Mustang the day I ran 14.53 in the 1/4. In the vs Mustang run, I run a 14.67 which at that point was the fastest run to date. As I pulled up to the line, the Mustang guy's buddies where in the stands and actually said "HA HA HA It's a effing Alero, Joey (or whatever the guy's name was) will kick his ass" They kept laughing after my burnout, but I killed him in reaction. I had a nice .066 to his like .500 something, and he ran a 15.05. Yes it was a Mustang convertible V8, but still, I knew I could beat him, and I did. The Mustang coupe runs mid 14.6, and of course we are talking totally stock. But I guess is a guy got a 14.6 Mustang to 12.9 you'd respect him more than me, right?

I deal with guys like you all the time, well maybe not you as a person, but the attidute that your car puts out. Stock car, stock wheel covers, a few stickers, and a park bench for a spolier, and automaticly that car can beat every car on the road. It's magically transformed into a 7 second street legal car. I get these jackass kids pulling up next to me in Civics, or where I live now, Corvettes, and mocking me and wanting a race, right here, right now. I gave that shit up because street racing is assine. You stop racing at one point becuase you won, then the other guy races past you and then he won. Plus the variables, car, people, animals, etc etc etc.

You started on the basis that I ripped on a few pics of an Alero, claiming to have a 13.5 @104 1/4 mile time and I call him out basicly becuase he was wrong on many factors.

Mopar does not make parts for GM cars, but he has Mopar stickers under his hood, and you said he probably had the parts fabed in.

NX bottle in the back seat, with no visibal hook-up under the hood. Ricers call spray (or Nitrous Oxide) NAWS! Becuase they are too stuipd and Fast and Furious programed to know that NOS means Nitrous Oxide Systems which is that name of the company.

13.5 @ 104 in the 1/4 mile. You said I was wrong in that not adding up. Been going to the track for over 3 years now, seen lots of races, 13.5 is usually about 108 in the 1/4. Plus the car to pretty much a stock motor (intake and exhaust are done) and it runs faster than any other Alero out there. So I call him out, and I'm the one with an ego problem. You are so far out in left field it's not even funny.

I will say this about your car. The paint on the spoiler looks good, but overall, it still looks like ass. If you were going to add the park bench, shoulda added rims first. That is advice, not an ego trip.

Everybody has the chioce to take the correct path, the easy way, or the bullshit way. But if you choose the easy or Bullshit way, don't step to me!

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 03:31 AM   #43
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
maken my wiener soft
Old 09-02-2006, 03:45 AM   #44
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Also something else I forgot about

about a year or 2 ago, I posted over on GAGT.com that I was hoping to run in the 14's soon, and the car was running the the low 15's.

All those GA guys started there shit saying "An Alero can't run faster than 15.5 no matter what you do to it, only GA's can run faster than 15 flat.

So I call them all out, they came out, I ran 14.98 before they all showed up, and show them all the timeslip, then I ran a 14.99 in front of all of them.

Yet to this day, they doubt that I'm running what I say. That's not an ego son, grow up

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 09-02-2006, 06:38 AM   #45
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
Yeah a spolier on a FWD car serves no function, just looks good, a stock one anyway

In rare instances a spoiler on a FWD car can do some good, like how they added them on the Audi TT.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 07:29 AM   #46
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Isn't the Audi TT and AWD car?

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 09-02-2006, 10:09 AM   #47
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Alright, alright, I know, Redog, I do really like what you've done with your car, and all the work you put into it to make it what it is today. I'm not one of those guys who thinks or acts on the road like his car is a 7 second monster; I just like the visuals. I drive like an old man, lol. After looking closer at the under the hood pictures of Kyle's Alero, I had second thoughts. (Especially after seeing the NOS sticker and others that had no reason to be there) Personally I've never been to the track, I only asked about the quarter mile time/speed because I was trying to think of it logically rather than from experience, and didn't think 4MPH was too much of a difference to tell whether or not he was lying. Haven't been around AleroMod.com long enough to know your background, so from the "I wanna race him" posts all over I've seen, it'd appear as if you had a filled ego. :P Sorry about my uninformed comments..
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 10:46 AM   #48
alerocar01
V.I.P. Member

alerocar01 is an unknown quantity at this point
i hate aftermarket wings
alerocar01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 12:56 PM   #49
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
i hate factory wings
Old 09-02-2006, 02:04 PM   #50
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
i hate you
Old 09-02-2006, 02:27 PM   #51
freakout
V.I.P. Member

freakout is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by sound_xtreme View Post
i hate you
lol

Hey Ion my little girl wants to know when you're returning her erector set

What a great damn day, I can walk!
freakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 02:29 PM   #52
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
THE only instance that a spoiler on a FWD car make a good difference is on lightweight race cars that go on the twisties.

I saw a vid of a civic race car during a race bounce up because it had no spoiler.
..it hit the rumble strip on the side of the track and the back end jumped up more than it seemed it should have.

and the red alero with ONLY a wing looks like garbage. at least when Joel had a wing on his car, it also had a body kit, springs (or was it the era of the coilover?) and rims.
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
AlbinoMonkeyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 02:33 PM   #53
[ion] C2
636 whp

Yeah, I know, which is why I'm so twitchy waiting for the ability (money) to get that.
Old 09-02-2006, 03:02 PM   #54
sound_xtreme
GLS member

Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbinoMonkeyRat View Post
at least when Joel had a wing on his car, it also had a body kit, springs (or was it the era of the coilover?) and rims.

coilovers. i look back at it and still think it looks ugly tho
Old 09-02-2006, 03:26 PM   #55
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
but you have to admit, it still looked better than the orange thing that started this thread. lol
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
AlbinoMonkeyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 04:51 PM   #56
sound_xtreme
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbinoMonkeyRat View Post
but you have to admit, it still looked better than the orange thing that started this thread. lol

oh i know, it looked better than most of the piles on here period lol
Old 09-03-2006, 10:14 PM   #57
alan2.4

man this post went mad since i made it
Old 09-03-2006, 11:13 PM   #58
burg03

I really cant say that I like the wing. To me it kinda looks like a grown-up eagle talon to me. I think you should lose the wing.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:27 PM   #59
freeze12
GL Member

freeze12 is an unknown quantity at this point
When You install the aluminum Wing dont forget to put on the stick-on Japanese symbols & fart can muffler & ghetto spinners & the wide wheel well chrome & also the curb feelers!!!!
Old 09-03-2006, 11:34 PM   #60
alerocar01
V.I.P. Member

alerocar01 is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^ lol
alerocar01 is offline   Reply With Quote