Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 09-12-2008, 11:45 AM   #21
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiscoPath View Post
They would already have the kit on hand to expand upon but you'd have to scrape together another donor car. Jose's patient is probably spread thin enough
If you would have read my first post and those in the group buy thread you would already realize that his car is staying with bodykits until January.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 12:35 PM   #22
MP99Alero
GL Member

MP99Alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to MP99Alero
I like the idea of a good CF hood and trunk lid. I'd be intrested in something like that for the alero.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:40 PM   #23
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
COWL HOOD!!!! 4", 2" doesnt matter.....whatever will look better!
Old 09-12-2008, 05:00 PM   #24
CiscoPath
GL Member

CiscoPath is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsnut View Post
If you would have read my first post and those in the group buy thread you would already realize that his car is staying with bodykits until January.

Wow, are my eyes deceiving me? January? A "timeframe" on something? Well, that just can't be. Someone recently told me that projects of any magnitude could not be placed on a timeframe, especically when being done by Bodykits.

An enhancement of the kit they are already working on means it will cost more than our original project. Whether they decide to build a whole new kit or just add-on pieces, I believe any project they take on requires a groupbuy and everybody in the current buy may not want a widebody. And with the "headaches" you've gotten from this groupbuy, you may not want to lead another one which means someone would have to head it up and get more people to make up the ten. And depending if Jose minds them keeping his car and by your own admission "quality work takes times and we're not one of they're biggest projects at the moment", there's no way of knowing whether they can or can't devote enough time to this to have it finished before January, especially when we don't even know when our current project would be finished. But everything I just wrote is complete speculation, but then again, so was your comment leading to the assumption that between now and January would be ample time for them to complete it.

Not quite sure if you picked my post to make some kind of example or what. But you already know what I'm looking for in terms of a reply to my post. So don't bother to reply to my post unless it starts with "I talked to Aldo about having a widebody variation done before January and he said.................."

Last edited by CiscoPath : 09-12-2008 at 05:24 PM.
CiscoPath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 05:08 PM   #25
bizarre179
GL Member

bizarre179 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to bizarre179
Shaved f/g dash would be amazing too...

kim<3
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2981709
bizarre179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 05:16 PM   #26
Midgear
on vacation

Midgear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Midgear Send a message via Yahoo to Midgear
Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheman1188 View Post
COWL HOOD!!!! 4", 2" doesnt matter.....whatever will look better!

x2 methinks.

Midgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 05:18 PM   #27
CiscoPath
GL Member

I've always wanted a widebody also but just felt I'd have to have it custom done. But I use this website for ideas, all european cars, of course. Eurotuner magazine also has some sweet ones.

http://estrictlyforeign.com/

And Midgear, the animation in your sig took me back to my Dragon Ball Z phase...lol

Last edited by CiscoPath : 09-12-2008 at 05:27 PM.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:27 PM   #28
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Spoke with Bodykits Etc. this evening about OSV matters and the potential Ram Air hood. Jose Rivas has to deploy with his sub crew very shortly and we will have access to his car for a while. He has given his permission to do what we want to his car within limits of course.
Quote:
They would already have the kit on hand to expand upon but you'd have to scrape together another donor car. Jose's patient is probably spread thin enough
Quote:
If you would have read my first post and those in the group buy thread you would already realize that his car is staying with bodykits until January
Quote:
Not quite sure if you picked my post to make some kind of example or what. But you already know what I'm looking for in terms of a reply to my post. So don't bother to reply to my post unless it starts with "I talked to Aldo about having a widebody variation done before January and he said.................."
Did I effing miss something here?
Sorry to piss you off Cisco, but if that were me (oldsnut) I think you know what my reply would be. And it woulnd't start with "I talked to Aldo"

I don't know, maybe I'm just amped up on people skimming, not taking a moment to let it soak in, and them blurting out shit.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 08:12 PM   #29
CiscoPath
GL Member

Nah, you couldn't make me mad, BlackJack. But i do think someone else is guilty of skimming. Me and Oldsnut had this debate already about how long it would take to finish the current kit in the Groupbuy thread: I asked how long, he couldn't give a straight answer. There is no timeframe in place because Bodykits will finish it when they finish it, but when it's finished it will be done right. And Jose says we can work within limits, correct? But if the limit needed to complete a widebody version is outside of January, then it's a no go. So yeah, I read the original post. And to put it plainly, yeah, ya effin missed something. So let that soak for awhile.

Good job with the quotes and all, though. You have some nice quote-ables as well from other threads. You seem to have some need to play mediator when things get "too stupid" for your likely. Sometimes, it comes off as just showing your ass. But i'm sure it call comes from a good place. I'm sure you're capable of not succumbing to things that run along the edge of idiocracy.

Funny.........why is the word "signature" reverberating in my head?

So sorry if this pisses you off, but uh, last i checked, my post was directed at Oldsnut.

Last edited by CiscoPath : 09-12-2008 at 09:09 PM.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:44 PM   #30
Midgear
on vacation

Midgear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Midgear Send a message via Yahoo to Midgear
post edited.

pie.

delete me.. lol

Midgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:04 PM   #31
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
hmmm..........pie........
Old 09-12-2008, 10:43 PM   #32
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Guess you and me read things differently. I took it as Jose was deploying out, and we had (what do they deploy out for, 6 months at least?) plenty of time to get some stuff made. You know they aren't going to give a set timeline, so I didn't get what all that was about, other than stirring something up. So, refer to MidGear's post above......and throw some icecream on top

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 12:12 AM   #33
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Wow, are my eyes deceiving me? January? A "timeframe" on something? Well, that just can't be. Someone recently told me that projects of any magnitude could not be placed on a timeframe, especically when being done by Bodykits.

An enhancement of the kit they are already working on means it will cost more than our original project. Whether they decide to build a whole new kit or just add-on pieces, I believe any project they take on requires a groupbuy and everybody in the current buy may not want a widebody. And with the "headaches" you've gotten from this groupbuy, you may not want to lead another one which means someone would have to head it up and get more people to make up the ten. And depending if Jose minds them keeping his car and by your own admission "quality work takes times and we're not one of they're biggest projects at the moment", there's no way of knowing whether they can or can't devote enough time to this to have it finished before January, especially when we don't even know when our current project would be finished. But everything I just wrote is complete speculation, but then again, so was your comment leading to the assumption that between now and January would be ample time for them to complete it.

Hey Cisco, I just spoke with Aldo about having a widebody kit done by January for you and he said, "Tell him to eff off". Thats how you said to start my response

I told you in the other thread that 2 weeks is the timeframe for completion according to Bodykits. You obviously lack basic reading skills. The only real headache has been you Cisco. Why does everyone else reaslize the timeframe issues.

You can rip on BJ butting in which he did not, he only posted facts as usual and he saved me some typing.

So chew on this!

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Last edited by Oldsnut : 09-22-2008 at 08:13 PM.
Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 07:09 PM   #34
Caboose73

A good CF hood and trunk lid
Old 02-23-2009, 08:12 PM   #35
Caboose73

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
dry carbon fiber fenders, and trunk lid.....and some lexan windows....

didnt want to make a new thread so i brought this one back are lexan windows illegal on a dd
Old 02-23-2009, 08:44 PM   #36
Ghadsphi
The Drunk

Ghadsphi is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd be down on a fg dash, would make it a hell of a lot easier to put a nice flip up lcd screen in there.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:18 PM   #37
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caboose73 View Post
didnt want to make a new thread so i brought this one back are lexan windows illegal on a dd

not sure, but i wouldn't care, cops wouldn't really be able to tell anyways.....
Old 02-23-2009, 09:27 PM   #38
Caboose73

my bad a worded the question wrong would i still be able to get an inspection sticker with lexan windows
Old 02-23-2009, 09:41 PM   #39
kwhauck
2Screwy

question is why do you need lexan windows?
Old 02-23-2009, 09:57 PM   #40
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
I think the legality of lexan depends on how it breaks. does lexan shatter into tiny "harmless" pieces, or does it break into dozens/hundreds of little knives? Auto glass is designed for safety...and I'm not sure how lexan falls into that.
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
AlbinoMonkeyRat is offline   Reply With Quote