Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 08-25-2009, 12:25 PM   #21
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Does the CB have a SWR meter on it? First move that ground to another place, and give it a go. Second just because you don't hear anything doesn't mean that something is wrong as well. You just might not be in range. A good test would be if you had a friend on know someone with a cb and get them to test transmit. You could even try to test by calling on the channels and seeing if anyone answers...wait a few seconds and if now one picks up then go to the next channel until you cycle through them all. What model cb did you get?
Old 08-25-2009, 12:53 PM   #22
bkathsalero
GL Member

bkathsalero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to bkathsalero
So i'm on lunch bout 2 miles from a freeway. If i hole the co ax cable ends either going to the antenna or going into the cb I get choppy signal of people talking or fuzz when I wouldnt if I wasnt tuching it, thats an improvement from yesterday, the connector going into the cb was a little loose there all tight now.. I was thinking of tuning it a truck stop tonight on channel 19. and I have cobra model 19 ultra III
bkathsalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:22 PM   #23
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkathsalero View Post
So i'm on lunch bout 2 miles from a freeway. If i hole the co ax cable ends either going to the antenna or going into the cb I get choppy signal of people talking or fuzz when I wouldnt if I wasnt tuching it, thats an improvement from yesterday, the connector going into the cb was a little loose there all tight now.. I was thinking of tuning it a truck stop tonight on channel 19. and I have cobra model 19 ultra III
Make sure that antenna wasn't factory tuned before tunning "cutting" it. Also move your antenna ground first and see if that changes it. I'll look at the pics tonight when I get home after you post them. Thinking it might be because of the location of the antenna...not exactly the best place for signal. If you are touching it and picking up signal that tells me that the antenna is either either has a bad ground, just in a bad spot or a combination of both ( that is of course if the antenna is factory tuned)
Old 08-26-2009, 09:26 AM   #24
bkathsalero
GL Member

bkathsalero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to bkathsalero
Sorry didn't have time last night, short on money so i went to find another job, Working at jimmy johns now! But will shoot for tonight
bkathsalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:57 AM   #25
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkathsalero View Post
Sorry didn't have time last night, short on money so i went to find another job, Working at jimmy johns now! But will shoot for tonight
Ok when ever you get a chance..dude...I mean your the one that wants the help so whenever you want is cool. I'm sure if I'm not available then someone else can help. We will get you fixed up!