Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 04-28-2010, 02:10 PM   #21
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weazel View Post
I can't imagine anyone would want to do this twice lol

...because some people will pay decent money for it...
Old 04-28-2010, 02:13 PM   #22
Alerojester
GL Member

Alerojester is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Alerojester
if i could afford to have someone make projectors for me i would pay them to do it especially if they look that good

stock 2.4-building a WAI to a CAI 3A Racing muffler- ~Kicker Door speakers and Power Accustic rear speakers 10% tint 18x7.5 Alt Sonix, 2001 GLS sedan
Alerojester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 03:56 PM   #23
mfuller

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
Name your price. I would like that setup.

They do look quite excellent. Nice work.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:52 PM   #24
super_paws
GX Member

super_paws is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the feedback all. As noted above, I don't think I will be doing this twice. It simply takes too much time and wouldn't be worth the money.

G35's are bi-xenon and have gotten this to work, such that low-beams use projectors only and high-beams will turn on halogen highs AND the projectors by pulling the shield down for the HIDs.
super_paws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 05:04 PM   #25
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by super_paws View Post
It simply takes too much time and wouldn't be worth the money.
You don't even know how much people will pay... how can you say it's not worth the money? I bet you'd do it for $2,000 but not for $5.... "worth the money" is dependent on the money.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 03:06 PM   #26
Rexter9x
V.I.P. Member

Rexter9x is on a distinguished road
Thats an awesome idea with the bi-xenon's and having both on with highbeams. Whereabouts in Ontario are you?
Rexter9x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 04:28 PM   #27
super_paws
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexter9x View Post
Thats an awesome idea with the bi-xenon's and having both on with highbeams. Whereabouts in Ontario are you?

It's similar to how the TSX works - high beam leaves HIDs on and turns on halogens; however in this case, the bi-xenons pull the shield down for more light.

I'm in Scarborough.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:44 PM   #28
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
i will have to agree that it is pretty sweet... might be worth a drive to Scarborough some time to have a closer look... If that's cool with you...

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 04:56 PM   #29
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
I'm going to bring this thread back up because I'm actually getting rather interested in doing projector headlights now that I have HID lights. As much as I love them, I am a little worried about glare for oncoming drivers and getting pulled over.
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 05:38 PM   #30
super_paws
GX Member

I've actually completed the retrofit a month ago, but haven't had a chance to post pics. I will get you guys some photos this week.

Also, the headlight pair might be on sale, as I might be trading in the Alero soon.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:40 PM   #31
Malibu369258
GL Member

Malibu369258 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by super_paws View Post
I've actually completed the retrofit a month ago, but haven't had a chance to post pics. I will get you guys some photos this week.

Also, the headlight pair might be on sale, as I might be trading in the Alero soon.

If you sell them I'd definitely be interested... why are you looking into trading the Alero?
Malibu369258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 05:56 PM   #32
robalero
GLS member

robalero is on a distinguished road
there is a DIY on how to do it here in the forum somewhere to retrofit them from the fog lights, personnaly I used both and doing the retrofit doesn't do much lol I still got flashed all the time when I had them in the aurora
robalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:03 PM   #33
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
I have only been flashed by one person and he was on a moped. I just thought it would be cool to have the projectors... And since I brought this back up, I should have first dibs if he sells the headlights. I'd even be willing to trade for mine plus a little extra for the work. That way you don't have to buy a whole other set to put on the car. I would like to see how they look as far as beam projection and whatnot.
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:37 PM   #34
super_paws
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robalero View Post
there is a DIY on how to do it here in the forum somewhere to retrofit them from the fog lights, personnaly I used both and doing the retrofit doesn't do much lol I still got flashed all the time when I had them in the aurora

I'd have to disagree with that. If retrofitted properly, there is a HUGE difference between projectors and reflectors.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:37 PM   #35
super_paws
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibu369258 View Post
If you sell them I'd definitely be interested... why are you looking into trading the Alero?

Looking at a VW R32.. AWD!
Old 08-19-2010, 06:39 PM   #36
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
If your headlights are aimed properly, there's no reason for anyone to be blinded by them. Your light cutoff should be below the other vehicle's windshield line...

Price on projector headlights?
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:52 PM   #37
robalero
GLS member

even if retrofitted properly I doubt if you took someone who never knew they were retrofitted took them for a drive, came back and swapped out the lights ( without them knowing ) and took them for a drive again they will even notice a difference. its called mind believeing their is a difference, I find their more for looks then actually being useful at least when compared to when I had them in the aurora, people who had non projectors lights were much brighter then mine same hid kits and bulb temp.

figure that one out
Old 08-19-2010, 06:54 PM   #38
super_paws
GX Member

I have to warn the potential buyer that there are a few issues with the headlights, and might require some work if you want a 'perfect' retrofit..

- ballasts are mounted outside the headlight assembly, via bottom port sealed by silicone
- left headlight is mounted slightly more forward than the right, causing the need for double slope cutoff (which I actually think looks better)
- slight paint smudge on left headlight from previous accident
- bi-xenon shutter will only work on models with DRL on high-beams
- bi-xenon shutter will only work when stalk is pulled half-way

All these things aside, the cutoff is perfect. I will post pics soon.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:55 PM   #39
super_paws
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robalero View Post
even if retrofitted properly I doubt if you took someone who never knew they were retrofitted took them for a drive, came back and swapped out the lights ( without them knowing ) and took them for a drive again they will even notice a difference. its called mind believeing their is a difference, I find their more for looks then actually being useful at least when compared to when I had them in the aurora, people who had non projectors lights were much brighter then mine same hid kits and bulb temp.

figure that one out

I find it hard to believe that..
Old 08-19-2010, 07:09 PM   #40
robalero
GLS member

hey believe it or not but ask anyone who owns an aurora and they will tell you the same ( 2nd gen owners anyways )