Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 10-31-2011, 01:01 PM   #61
Hellfire5670
GL Member

Hellfire5670 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiwnath View Post
You dont need this kit, but it makes everything a lot easier because it's the only all-in-one solution.

For the bare minimum, I would say you would atleast need the transmission mounts which can be bought without having to buy the whole entire kit.

http://www.milzymotorsports.com/miva...-body4t65eConv

Maybe even the axles as well:

http://www.milzymotorsports.com/miva...body4t65eAxles

Just realize that doing a 3800 swap is going to cost a lot of money and you're probably better off just beefing up the 3400. Let's say you spend 7 grand doing all this work.. thats 7 grand you could have put into the 3400 and make it much more faster than a stock sc'd 3800

ahhhh i see now my friend was pretty confident about getting a GTP and throwing it in my car hahaha ima have to tell him everything you told me xD
i guess ill just do up the engine maybe if i get the cash ill get the 3800 but right now ima get stuff for the 3400
Hellfire5670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:33 PM   #62
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

Shiwnath is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire5670 View Post
ahhhh i see now my friend was pretty confident about getting a GTP and throwing it in my car hahaha ima have to tell him everything you told me xD
i guess ill just do up the engine maybe if i get the cash ill get the 3800 but right now ima get stuff for the 3400

Also, IIRC the 3800 is also a heavier engine so that's going to be another drawback. Lol you cant be confident with out knowing what's really required and how much money is going to be spent doing the swap and getting it to run properly. If you bought something like this:

http://wot-tech.com/shop/gm-60v6/340.../prod_322.html

You'd probably be able to dust a stock GTP no prob.

Hit a dear! Back to stock 3400... For now
Shiwnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:44 PM   #63
Hellfire5670
GL Member

Quote:
Also, IIRC the 3800 is also a heavier engine so that's going to be another drawback. Lol you cant be confident with out knowing what's really required and how much money is going to be spent doing the swap and getting it to run properly. If you bought something like this:

http://wot-tech.com/shop/gm-60v6/340.../prod_322.html

You'd probably be able to dust a stock GTP no prob.

what kinda HP would the kit give? it seems to be worth it how long would it take to do it myself with a friends help? we're both experienced at doing engine builds
Old 10-31-2011, 02:00 PM   #64
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

Quote:
what kinda HP would the kit giv? it seems to be worth it how long would it take to do it myself with a friends help? we're both experienced at doing engine builds

Not sure how long it would take tbh. As for HP contact Ben at WOT-Tech. I remember when he posted on 60degreev6.com he posted 3 different kits: a budget kit, a performance kit and a high performance kit. I think his stage 3 kit on WOT-Tech's website is a variant of the high performance build he posted on the 60degreev6.com forums.. When i asked how much hp it was capable of he said something around 100. Contact him as this kit i think is slightly different so the numbers may or may not be the same.

Old 10-31-2011, 02:09 PM   #65
Hellfire5670
GL Member

Quote:
Not sure how long it would take tbh. As for HP contact Ben at WOT-Tech. I remember when he posted on 60degreev6.com he posted 3 different kits: a budget kit, a performance kit and a high performance kit. I think his stage 3 kit on WOT-Tech's website is a variant of the high performance build he posted on the 60degreev6.com forums.. When i asked how much hp it was capable of he said something around 100. Contact him as this kit i think is slightly different so the numbers may or may not be the same.

thanks (: also i seen something about a 3500? do you know what that is? is it just upgrading the engine?
Old 10-31-2011, 02:14 PM   #66
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

Quote:
thanks (: also i seen something about a 3500? do you know what that is? is it just upgrading the engine?

LX9 3500 = our 3400s but redesigned.

Stock vs stock the intake manifolds and the cylinder heads are a more superior design than our intake manifolds and cylinder heads. Switching to them increases how much air is capable of flowing into your engine.. You dont really want to swap the 3500 upper intake manifold onto our cars because its more of a hassle then it is worth. I dont think the 3500 upper intake manifold increases horsepower just broadens the powerband.

Edit:
Read this for easier understanding: http://wot-tech.com/shop/articles/34...d/cat_104.html

Last edited by Shiwnath : 10-31-2011 at 02:17 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:24 PM   #67
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
If you are gonna spend that kind of money just boost it...
Old 10-31-2011, 03:02 PM   #68
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post

This
xXManwhoreXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:02 PM   #69
Hellfire5670
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post

im thinking of spending a lot of money i should have 15 grand to spend next year so im going to get a few things :P