Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 03-28-2012, 12:15 AM   #21
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

Shiwnath is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheman1188 View Post
Yea....but dude....if i knew how to do this i would charge too (and prob not post a how to). Money is tight for most people, so anyway they can make a buck they will. Might be messed up to not share the info but its business!

Yeah but that's a lame way of thinking. Had it not been many others sharing how they do the "cleared corners" mod and many other how to's, a lot of people wouldn't have their cars looking like they do now. A forum is a place where people come to discuss and learn not turn a profit. If you want to turn a profit then open up an online store and become a site sponsor...

Basically its like coming here, reading the threads, learning new things like mods that people have pioneered for our cars, applying what you learnt to your own car, but when you do a new and unique mod that has people interested you want to turn a profit? Just sounds grimy IMO. I duno maybe I've learnt so much here and have had a lot of help from so many of the members that I just couldn't turn a profit off of something new that I've done. Just my opinion, don't take it personal. Like I said it's a forum and we all have different views

Hit a dear! Back to stock 3400... For now
Shiwnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:30 AM   #22
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiwnath View Post
Yeah but that's a lame way of thinking. Had it not been many others sharing how they do the "cleared corners" mod and many other how to's, a lot of people wouldn't have their cars looking like they do now. A forum is a place where people come to discuss and learn not turn a profit. If you want to turn a profit then open up an online store and become a site sponsor...

Basically its like coming here, reading the threads, learning new things like mods that people have pioneered for our cars, applying what you learnt to your own car, but when you do a new and unique mod that has people interested you want to turn a profit? Just sounds grimy IMO. I duno maybe I've learnt so much here and have had a lot of help from so many of the members that I just couldn't turn a profit off of something new that I've done. Just my opinion, don't take it personal. Like I said it's a forum and we all have different views

yeah i also would agree. you and billy both have good points, everything ive done to my car ive told people how to do it if they ask. i dont mind. i love aleros/community. so i dont mind helping people change the look of there cars a bit.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:13 AM   #23
Goodman
GX Member

Goodman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheman1188 View Post
Yea....but dude....if i knew how to do this i would charge too (and prob not post a how to). Money is tight for most people, so anyway they can make a buck they will. Might be messed up to not share the info but its business!

Not really as not every one would want to do it them self & we are not leaving all in the same neighbor hood or country so every one could make a little bit of money in they own town

As for me if i were to do that i would do it only for my car & be the only one in my town to have that sweet looking tails lights

Last edited by Goodman : 03-28-2012 at 02:16 AM.
Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:50 AM   #24
fisdad
I do what I want to Sheep & Goats

fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodman View Post
Not really as not every one would want to do it them self & we are not leaving all in the same neighbor hood or country so every one could make a little bit of money in they own town

As for me if i were to do that i would do it only for my car & be the only one in my town to have that sweet looking tails lights

I am not crafty enough for this much detailed work, so I plan on painting a design on mine instead. I am going to do the paint in body color but I think I'm going to copy one of these designs.

http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&b...:429,r:14,s:35

or

Paint the brake light section thinner to mimic the lower reverse/turn section size. (Two narrow horizontal lines)
fisdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:37 AM   #25
BAleroS
GX Member

BAleroS is on a distinguished road
A -how to- would be ridiculously hard to write. It took several months to make these. I will take a look at it and see what I can come up with soon, I have a pretty full schedule.
Kwhauck, I live in Newell, I may have to swing by Belle sometime, I work in Sturgis.
BAleroS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:40 AM   #26
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Where do you work at in Sturgis? I was just there this morning and go to Rapid twice a week for work.

And once hunting starts in the fall, I go through Newell/Nisland area ALOT!
Old 03-28-2012, 10:50 AM   #27
BAleroS
GX Member

I'm working at Lynn's right now, till College starts then I'm down in Sioux Falls. Heading down there at the end of May.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:58 AM   #28
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Haha, I was at Lynn's this morning. You work tomorrow? If so, I will swing by in the Final 500 Bravada and check it out.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:23 AM   #29
BAleroS
GX Member

Nope, But I will be there Friday sometime if you have a time and a place I can meet up with you.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:27 AM   #30
BAleroS
GX Member

Also, anybody who is willing to purchase the tails all I need is people who are willing to send in there cores so there is something to work with.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:00 PM   #31
Hellfire5670
GL Member

Hellfire5670 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAleroS View Post
Also, anybody who is willing to purchase the tails all I need is people who are willing to send in there cores so there is something to work with.

pm'd
Hellfire5670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:15 PM   #32
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisdad View Post
I am not crafty enough for this much detailed work, so I plan on painting a design on mine instead. I am going to do the paint in body color but I think I'm going to copy one of these designs.

http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&b...:429,r:14,s:35

im sorry but... blehh.... i would never do that option for mine.

everyone has there own taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAleroS View Post

how much are you charging?
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:28 PM   #33
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
This is where that post limit would come in handy...does anybody know this guy, yet he is selling custom tails with only 19 post? (No offense)
Old 03-28-2012, 12:36 PM   #34
BAleroS
GX Member

None taken, I completly understand. I'm not sure about cost yet, supplies are pretty expensive per set, I can get a price out later today. PM me for more information.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:47 PM   #35
kwhauck
2Screwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnie View Post
This is where that post limit would come in handy...does anybody know this guy, yet he is selling custom tails with only 19 post? (No offense)

I think the fact that I am an owner, and live really close to him, and that he is willing to meet up should count for something.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:58 PM   #36
fisdad
I do what I want to Sheep & Goats

fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
I think the fact that I am an owner, and live really close to him, and that he is willing to meet up should count for something.

agreed.
fisdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:12 PM   #37
BAleroS
GX Member

PM me for prices of tails.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:13 PM   #38
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
wouldn't it save you a lot of time to just post a price?
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:24 PM   #39
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
Once you meet him I agree! As it stands right now though he is still unknown. I'm still not a fan of someone who just joined the forum (actively) being able to sell right away. I think it could get out of hand, and taken advantage of....but that is my personal opinion.

He seems to understand where I'm coming from, so I'll leave it at that.

...let me say this by the way...I like those tails...I have a white alero as well.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:30 PM   #40
BAleroS
GX Member

Clear Tails-$200
Altezza's-$300
LED Cluster Tails (shown)-$400

Inside of tail lights can be painted usually just black, white, or just left chrome. Quite a bit of customization can be made with the LED's