Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 03-26-2013, 04:53 PM   #61
BAleroS
GX Member

BAleroS is on a distinguished road
So, it's a little difficult for me to tell which part I need to get, Part #41 from picture 2, or the entire rail kit part #11 from picture 1.
BAleroS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:34 PM   #62
falloutboy
GL Member

falloutboy is on a distinguished road
your welcome

U may wanna open a dedicated repair thread so our body guys are more likely to see it too.
1979 350SB Chevrolet Camaro Project Thread
1995 Chrysler Stratus LX
1999 3.4L Oldsmobile Alero (resource page)
2002 Nissan Primera with CVT
falloutboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:03 PM   #63
BAleroS
GX Member

BAleroS is on a distinguished road
The repair thread you're talking about is the Paint and Body Work section?
Just want to make sure I post it in the correct area, so I can get the help I will need haha.
BAleroS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:22 PM   #64
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
You're better off getting another alero. Not only do you need that middle UPPER section but you need the plastic piece that goes behind the bumper cover, you need the metal piece that the plastic bumper mounts to....you need the battery tray, a new battery, clips, fender liner, fender liner clips, corner section (structural), and more.... there is SO MUCH that goes into body repair.....it's not something you can just do on the side. Save yourself the headache and look for another alero or g/a. I can see it now...it WILL be a headache for you...too many little pieces that you need to order. Good job falloutboy for those pics......those are like the ones we used at the body shop. These cars are a dime a dozen...if you can't find one right near you i'm sure you can find one relatively close. Take it from me.....you are better off starting fresh. Once you crash a car nothing is ever the same....sure you may fix it and make it look good but once it's back on the road you may run into other problems....
Old 03-26-2013, 06:23 PM   #65
falloutboy
GL Member

falloutboy is on a distinguished road
If u really decide on repairing the car, u are going to face major body and paint work.

U might wanna print the collisions manual out (the parts with drawing of the damaged sections) and compare what parts are damaged, which might be damaged and which ones are ok

and then check the parts diagrams to see what repair parts are available for these damaged / maybe damaged sections.

and now I am off to bed, as its almost 11:30 pm over here
good luck
1979 350SB Chevrolet Camaro Project Thread
1995 Chrysler Stratus LX
1999 3.4L Oldsmobile Alero (resource page)
2002 Nissan Primera with CVT
falloutboy is offline   Reply With Quote