Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 10-31-2005, 09:02 PM   #1
kampfer422

Well i got in a wreck, don't know who's fault its going to be. We both ran a yellow but he was turning across my lane so i think it would be his but the witness said I ran through a red but then so would he. Anyways, does anyone know if the insurance will allow you to put a aftermarket body kit or aftermarket front bumper on it instead of factory?
Old 10-31-2005, 09:04 PM   #2
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
usually insurance will restore the car to the way it was before the accident
Old 10-31-2005, 09:43 PM   #3
doubleN0alero
They call me 8 point!!

doubleN0alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to doubleN0alero Send a message via Yahoo to doubleN0alero
yeah i think they're going ot make you go back to factory bud...sorry...good shot though. Where was your accident and when
Old 10-31-2005, 10:30 PM   #4
Orion

Some insurance companies will allow you to take the body kit and other thigns off the car, before they total it and take it away
Old 10-31-2005, 10:43 PM   #5
cobra621

^^agreed...

Most do put it back to stock. It might help a little if you know someone with a body shop
Old 11-01-2005, 12:28 AM   #6
kampfer422

hwy 73 and exit 55. Right there at the light for the on ramp for I-85 N. The light was yellow and the guy tried to make that turn onto the on ramp for I-85 and no way to avoid it. I was under the lights when we hit and it was yellow when i entered so i think its his fault.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:04 AM   #7
FantomForceCustoms02
GL Member

FantomForceCustoms02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to FantomForceCustoms02
Depends on your insurance company. I have State Farm and as long as I can prove I had the aftermarket stuff on my car they will cover it for an extra 100 dollars on my deductible.
http://www.myspace.com/fantomforce
FantomForceCustoms02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 07:26 AM   #8
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
My mom works w/ my insurance agent. (i specifically asked this) and they both said no. Allstate insurance only covers what the factory did, professional installed or not.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:54 AM   #9
Travis99Alero

you guys must have reading problems. he wants to know if he can replace his stock bumpers that were damaged in the wreck with aftermarket ones. as long as you dont owe on your car, i'd say you should be able to. for all my insurance claims, my insurance has just given me a check made out to me to get the car fixed, so i was actually able to buy whatever i wanted. just get a couple estimates and give them to your insurance company, and tell them you're not sure which shop you're gonnna take it to, and tell them you just want a check, and it should work. then you can get whatever parts you want.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:05 PM   #10
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Travis99Alero@Nov 1 2005, 10:54 AM
you guys must have reading problems. he wants to know if he can replace his stock bumpers that were damaged in the wreck with aftermarket ones. as long as you dont owe on your car, i'd say you should be able to. for all my insurance claims, my insurance has just given me a check made out to me to get the car fixed, so i was actually able to buy whatever i wanted. just get a couple estimates and give them to your insurance company, and tell them you're not sure which shop you're gonnna take it to, and tell them you just want a check, and it should work. then you can get whatever parts you want.

exactly, that is how i got my paint job on my new alero, and my bodykit and molding on my old alero......
Old 11-01-2005, 12:26 PM   #11
Cyber Knight
Swank

Cyber Knight is an unknown quantity at this point
Ummm, isn't using insurance money for something you didn't have considered fraud?
Old 11-01-2005, 12:30 PM   #12
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
not at all, all you do is have the estimate and then ask for a check, once you have that check you can do what you want with it, but most insurance companies require you to show them what you did wether you fixed it stock or got aftermarket like I did....
Old 11-01-2005, 12:36 PM   #13
Cyber Knight
Swank

Cyber Knight is an unknown quantity at this point
Ah, I get it, they give you a check for the value of what was damaged (ie stock body kit) and then you can use that towards the replacement, and if you want to put it towards an upgraded part it's up to you. I haven't been in an accident in a long time, I couldn't remember how it works.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:12 PM   #14
kampfer422

turbo is one smart cat. I think i may try this.