Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > How-To Archive & FAQ

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2005, 01:01 PM   #1
alerochick242

Here are the instructions for creating a "copy" of my headlight mod (as seen in the Showcase forum, under the thread "Headlights are Done").

I pretty much followed the instructions for clearing the corners on this same topic. Here is a brief description...

1) Remove headlights and get them apart per "clearing corners" instructions. I was a little wary of putting my headlights in the oven because of the chrome plating, so I just used a heatgun.

2) Once the headlights are completely apart, you will need to paint the chrome bezel. Instead of painting the whole thing, I used 3M masking tape to mask off the reflectors for the turn signal and side marker lights, leaving the outer edges uncovered. I then used four light coats of black Krylon Fusion and let each bezel dry for one hour.

3) I then carefully removed the masking take to expose the chrome reflectors, and then reassembled the headlights following the instructions in the "clearing corners" post. I used two-part epoxy to attach the bezel to the lens, and then slicone RTV to attach the large grey part to the lens.

4) I then let the assembled headlights dry and cure for 24 hours before I put them back on the car.

5) To completely copy my look, use Sylvania Silverstar high and low beams, Silverstar turn signal bulbs (they look blue but light up amber ), and amber 194 bulbs for the side marker lights.

*If anyone wants more detailed instructions, just reply and I will try to explain the best I can!