Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 01-29-2008, 11:51 PM   #1
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Engine Died.

So something really weird happened on the way home from picking up this:

About 700 miles of trip, 50 miles to get home, and I'm cruising down the interstate at 75 in the fast lane when my gauges/interior change and I notice the car feels different, no power steering, no power braking. I take a look at the tachometer. 0. Gauges still worked, all interior lights working, wipers going, etc. Pulled over to the shoulder, threw it in park. Started it up. Drove like normal.

It was just like the key was turned from ON to ACC, which very well could have been what happened, LOL. I had this kit packed in tight and I was scrunched up against the interior panel, especially my leg against my keychains/keys. I think my leg pulled on the key hook and twisted the key one notch back, to ACC. I looked and tested the feasibility of such an event, and it seems that could have been the culprit.

Any other reasons the engine would just kinda... shut off? Lol.

BTW I get 29 MPG 70-85 and beating on it.

Last edited by [ion] C2 : 01-29-2008 at 11:54 PM.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 11:54 PM   #2
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
gremlins. it fired back up and everything is back to normal now?
Old 01-29-2008, 11:57 PM   #3
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
yup runs amazing
Old 01-30-2008, 12:16 AM   #4
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

rustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to rustyballs_69
I have hit my key to ACC before at a stop light. I had my radio up so I had no clue till the light turned green.
rustyballs_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 12:19 AM   #5
[ion] C2
636 whp

Same, the radio was up and didn't really notice what happened until I had no go. Oh well.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:37 AM   #6
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
mine did that once or twice as well. That was years ago and never occurred again.
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:16 AM   #7
adam337
GLS member

adam337 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to adam337
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
Same, the radio was up and didn't really notice what happened until I had no go. Oh well.

i have also done this..
Lonnie: How would she feel if I took the booty one of the ladies has offered up.. What am I going to say... It's not my fault some gifts are better then others.
adam337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 09:02 AM   #8
TheMeaningOfLife
GLS member

TheMeaningOfLife is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheMeaningOfLife Send a message via Yahoo to TheMeaningOfLife
Finally got your AAS kit huh?
Old 01-30-2008, 09:25 AM   #9
[ion] C2
636 whp

Mhm. Now just need to find a painter. It's been installed before so it's got all the holes and ready to bolt right up.

Was fun trying to fit that in the car. Lot bigger than I expected to see coming out of his truck.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:54 AM   #10
TheMeaningOfLife
GLS member

TheMeaningOfLife is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheMeaningOfLife Send a message via Yahoo to TheMeaningOfLife
Ah dont paint it, mis matched body panels give you more boost.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:08 AM   #11
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
your ignition cylinder could also be the culprit

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 10:27 AM   #12
[ion] C2
636 whp

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMeaningOfLife View Post
Ah dont paint it, mis matched body panels give you more boost.
it would be pretty funny to have them on as is temporarily, because then more people would LOL and want to race
Old 01-30-2008, 12:12 PM   #13
Bad99Olds
New and Improved

Bad99Olds is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Bad99Olds
i had the same thing happen, and in all likelyhood you just knocked the key with ur leg
Bad99Olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 11:47 PM   #14
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
check your battery connections
Old 01-30-2008, 11:52 PM   #15
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

DOHC_tuner is on a distinguished road
I told you it would fit....yeah sounds like it was just an inncident with you turning to key....but get that kit painted and installed AND take pics!!!
Old 01-31-2008, 12:20 PM   #16
[ion] C2
636 whp

Yeah, just talked to a guy at a car place, said usually $600 for paint/install/holes drilled etc., but since the holes are already done and the kit's been pre fitted/stressed and I'm installing it, they'll take down the price. Hope it's cheap because I ain't rich. Gotta bring the damn kit 45 mins away to them, gonna borrow a truck this time lol.

I also need to fix my brakes, because brake fluid leaking is not good.