Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > How-To Archive & FAQ

Old 12-09-2004, 03:11 AM   #21
Hobbes

Quote:
got it bro, thanks. The mod works too. ( I think ) It's dark out, so I used a flashlight to disable th ALC, then started the car....no lights. I pulled the flashlight, and within say, 10 seconds, the lights came on. ( I'm assuming the light sensor in the dash sends the signal every 10 seconds or so ) Anyways, no SES light, so I'm good to go.

I've done the DRL trick, but this ALC thing, sounds like what I'm missing.. a picture would help me indefinetely.. The light sensor is in the dash???

I'll try narrowing it down with a flash light.. but a little help would go a long ways...
Old 12-13-2004, 08:03 AM   #22
Sportalero

^^If you stand just in front of your driver side door and look through the bottom of the windshield down into the defrost vent, you can see it down there.
Old 12-14-2004, 01:16 PM   #23
Hobbes

Thanks,

I sent him a PM, and he gave me the same info there, guess I should've added that here huh.
Quote:

I totally understand what you're going through. I haven't disabled my ACL's yet, and mine are buggin the poop outta me too. The light sensor you're trying to find isall the way on the driver's side of the dash, IN the defroster vent. It's straight forward from the steering wheel, and looks like a pen-light pointing straight up.

~~~~~ACL disable mod, no stock wire cutting~~~~~

The biggest pain in the ass about doing this mod is that you have to physically take the dash out of the car. Once the dash is out, you'll be able to work with the sensor. Just take a small white LED and hook it to any switched power source. ( So that the led lights up whenever the car is on ) Then find a small tube of some sort. ( the smallest plastic pipe you can find works good. ) and put the sensor in 1 end, and the LED in the other, so that ALL the light from the led is pointed @ the sensor. Tape up the ends so that no light gets out, and so the parts don't come out of the tube, put your dash back in, and you're good to go. Like I said, the biggest pain in the ass is taking the dash in and out of the car.

Hope this helps ya bro. thumb.gif

-Eric

And I said, Thanks a ton!! I figured it had to be somewhere visible, but that is the last place I would've checked-

Thanks again man!

Quote:
Anytime brotha. cool.gif

B)
Old 03-10-2005, 01:38 PM   #24
anthony547

You will have to splice wires and run relays under the hood opening lever.. that's what we did to mine. I will have my friend that did it write down the instructions.

I can now override my brake lights, parking lights, headlights, and backup/reverse lights at the flip of a switch.

It takes about a hour or so to do it after you find the wires.

"What one man can do. Another man can undo."
Old 03-16-2005, 03:33 PM   #25
shawndon

does the paper in the relay work the ALC too?
Old 03-16-2005, 05:37 PM   #26
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Youngblood77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by shawndon@Mar 16 2005, 03:33 PM
does the paper in the relay work the ALC too?
Nope.

Your car must be fast, you were haulin' ass when I passed you in my 4-door Buick.

Youngblood77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 05:33 PM   #27
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
would anyone be interested if i made the kits that used to be made? i have one and could recreate it if there was interest.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:59 PM   #28
bigd6983

yea aslong as it worked there would be some people interested......
Old 03-23-2005, 11:45 PM   #29
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
what kind of prices would people be expecting? i think the one i have got went for around $100 didnt it grouch?
Old 04-11-2005, 02:06 PM   #30
99BLKALERO

if I still had my alero i would be in.....I was trying very hard to locate one and never could.
Old 04-11-2005, 03:56 PM   #31
Grouch

Quote:
Originally posted by sound_xtreme@Mar 23 2005, 11:45 PM
what kind of prices would people be expecting? i think the one i have got went for around $100 didnt it grouch?

whew, don't recall exactely. But I think it was in the $85 range.

And it works. I've had mine in for as long ago when they made them without a single problem. It gives you independant control of your headlights, ie no more auto-lights unless you want them. Independant control of your fog lights, ie foglights whenever you want them regardless of what other lights are on or off. Kills the DRL's. etc.