Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > How-To Archive & FAQ

Old 01-14-2010, 01:35 PM   #21
xnick
GX Member

xnick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleroDrime View Post
cherry thats how my led needles r dont but how are yall getting the prnd321 to light blue, is there a way to change the color of ur miles too?

Not sure how it is in the Alero, but most vehicles use a vacuum display for the mileage (green display). The answer is no, you cannot change the color using an easy method - other than replacing the board. You can lay a tint film over it, but you'll always have the green mixing with the color.

<--- Will eventually look this sexy.
xnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:46 AM   #22
white04alero
GL Member

white04alero has a little shameless behaviour in the past
so what did you wire these to? did you wire them to a separate switch or did you wire them in so that they come on when you turn the headlights on?

also. on the oznium site, i did not see a 220 ohm 1/4 watt resistor. im guessing that you can use a resistor with a different ohm rating, same watt rating, with either more or less led's, correct? and since ohm is a measure of resistance, and the higher the ohms, the more resistance, would i be correct in assuming that if 220 ohms is good for 3 leds then something like 560 ohms would be good for 1? 2 maybe?
i guess im led-ignorant. school me if you will.
- pioneer 4900iB head unit
white04alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:29 AM   #23
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
i've done this as well.... and am able to help anyone... i've gone LED nuts... PM meh if ya need halp
Nate's Alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:13 AM   #24
AleroDrime
The Aleromod PITA

AleroDrime has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to AleroDrime Send a message via MSN to AleroDrime
Quote:
Originally Posted by white04alero View Post
so what did you wire these to? did you wire them to a separate switch or did you wire them in so that they come on when you turn the headlights on?

also. on the oznium site, i did not see a 220 ohm 1/4 watt resistor. im guessing that you can use a resistor with a different ohm rating, same watt rating, with either more or less led's, correct? and since ohm is a measure of resistance, and the higher the ohms, the more resistance, would i be correct in assuming that if 220 ohms is good for 3 leds then something like 560 ohms would be good for 1? 2 maybe?
i guess im led-ignorant. school me if you will.

its two wires that are coming out the harness for the gauges, a gray and a gray striped one it think, you solder into those, id have to look to make sure its gray wires though
AleroDrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:40 PM   #25
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleroDrime View Post
its two wires that are coming out the harness for the gauges, a gray and a gray striped one it think, you solder into those, id have to look to make sure its gray wires though

DO NOT SOLDER!!!!!

Use quick taps or w/e, those are reversible
Old 01-27-2010, 10:33 AM   #26
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate's Alero View Post
DO NOT SOLDER!!!!!

Use quick taps or w/e, those are reversible
Also unreliable..they will eventually separate or cause an intermittent issue. Fused links always work the best.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:41 AM   #27
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnie View Post
Also unreliable..they will eventually separate or cause an intermittent issue. Fused links always work the best.

yeah, never had an issue with taps if the area is not submittable to movement... when behind the gauge cluster, i think not lol
Old 01-27-2010, 11:45 AM   #28
AleroDrime
The Aleromod PITA

AleroDrime has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to AleroDrime Send a message via MSN to AleroDrime
solders fine if you want to reverse it cut off the free wire and tape it up

+even red wire taps arent that effective on some of the factory wiring
AleroDrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:15 PM   #29
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate's Alero View Post
yeah, never had an issue with taps if the area is not submittable to movement... when behind the gauge cluster, i think not lol
Even though you haven't had a problem yet still doesn't make it a good idea. All vehicles have movement, I've seen plugs that plug into an outlet back out alittle bit over time with slight vibration..and that was in a tower building with just radios in it....even a small amount of vibration that you may not feel could cause a problem, so yes there is still vibration behind the gauge cluster. Nothing beats a fused link, or the piece of mind that comes along with it. To each his own everybody is going to do things the way they see fit. You would rather use taps...I would rather solder!
Old 01-27-2010, 07:18 PM   #30
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
i solder.. but i'll admit, i just recently changed all my gauge lights to one giant twisted wire connection w/ decent tape.

I got tired of soldering them all together, then soldering them all.. (7 (+) wires now with 1 common ground) It has been flawless for now, and it makes testing each easier, as well as pulling the unit out MUCH easier.

I would not recommend this for anyone though. Solder, or use wire connectors.