Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > How-To Archive & FAQ

Old 06-15-2009, 07:19 PM   #1
AleroDrime
The Aleromod PITA

AleroDrime has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to AleroDrime Send a message via MSN to AleroDrime
Interesting news, opinions wanted

I highly doubt this a news flash to you guys or maybe ya'll can tell me if he's wrong.

First Background Story

This kid at work just got an S10 when he got his license. He doesn't know his thumb from is ass when it comes to cars and maintenance. We picked on him a bit asking him things like Do you have a transmission. It it an automatic? Which engine is it. Does it have an Air Filter. Where does you engine oil in at? Does your truck have Freon or Neon(lol).
The only answers he knew was that it was a v6 and it was a auto.

So we took him outside to his truck and had him pop the hood so this kid doesn't try to add transmission fluid through his gas tank.

Now heres the point
While we were out there we showed him where the power steering fluid when because we'd been hearing it squeal when he came to work and left for the past few days, and sure enough the truck was low on power steering fluid.

*the head cook said it father taught him that power steering fluid was the same composition as transmission fluid and that the two could be interchanged in an emergency*

Is that true?
AleroDrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:23 PM   #2
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Trans fluid into power steering, yes. Backwards, it doesn't work so well.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:30 PM   #3
AleroDrime
The Aleromod PITA

ok, i'd like to know why if you'd care to explain, it might seem nerdy but i love learning stuff like this
Old 06-15-2009, 07:36 PM   #4
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=trans+fluid+and...steering+fluid
Old 06-15-2009, 07:36 PM   #5
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
seriously... if i heard you ridiculing someone about cars, you'd get a swift kick in the nuts.

and afaik, power steering fluid = hydrolic fluid.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:21 PM   #6
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
ATF is just a type of hydraulic fluid. Many cars actually call for Dexron III for their power steering fluid.

Really, the only one with a unique fluid is Honda. GM does however make a different power steering fluid for better performance in colder weather.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:32 PM   #7
whiterider00
GLS member

whiterider00 is on a distinguished road
y is this under how-to f.a.q.?
whiterider00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:33 PM   #8
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterider00 View Post
y is this under how-to f.a.q.?

thats aleroracing
Old 06-15-2009, 10:35 PM   #9
[ion] C2
636 whp

Many, well, most people who post in this section don't listen to the sticky:
Quote:
This section is intended to be a how-to guide for posting tutorials on how to perform modifications. This is not a section to start new threads asking how to do something.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:37 PM   #10
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
Many, well, most people who post in this section don't listen to the sticky:

see post 8
Old 06-16-2009, 12:09 AM   #11
AleroDrime
The Aleromod PITA

sry i been miss interpreting faq to be fact for some reason but apparently i havent been the only one

but now i am aware it means frequently asked questions, so please diregard my mistake and help me learn
Old 06-16-2009, 12:34 AM   #12
PappaSmurf
GLS member

PappaSmurf is on a distinguished road
Can anyone he him learn how to EFFING type? LOL

Cherry, I was thiking the same thing....ROTF, maybe the kid was making fun of aleroracings grammar...and war wounds.LMFAO
-Smurf-
PappaSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 01:23 AM   #13
NickAlero2000
GLS member

NickAlero2000 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleroRacing View Post
sry i been miss interpreting faq to be fact for some reason but apparently i havent been the only one

but now i am aware it means frequently asked questions, so please diregard my mistake and help me learn

you're at 1100 posts, you should know by now
n00b.
NickAlero2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:04 PM   #14
AleroDrime
The Aleromod PITA

your # of posts means nothing
Old 06-16-2009, 12:12 PM   #15
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleroRacing View Post
your # of posts means nothing

yes it does

postcount

Another gauge used by forum failures of a person's netrooster. Doesn't necessarily prove contribution to said forum, but does prove how little of a life the poster has. Can reach the tens of thousands for the true effups. (cherrington)
Wow, a 10,000 postcount! He must be a well respected member of this forum...

*click*

Wow, 9,000 posts that say "FAP FAP HA HA". What a effing real American hero.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:02 PM   #16
AleroDrime
The Aleromod PITA

can ya'll teach me about the difference of transmission fluid and power steering fluid and rules with swapping them, i know ya'll hazing me is fun but it you answerwed my ? the thread would be closed
Old 06-16-2009, 08:06 PM   #17
[ion] C2
636 whp

Already answered:
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
Old 06-16-2009, 08:58 PM   #18
AleroDrime
The Aleromod PITA

im supposed to trust yahoo anserws
Old 06-16-2009, 09:43 PM   #19
NONE
GX Member

NONE is on a distinguished road
i dont know about yahoo answers, but i would trust ion.
NONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:56 PM   #20
[ion] C2
636 whp

Because the power steering system is less risky to put a similar fluid in than the transmission...