New and Improved

Bad99Olds is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Bad99Olds
maybe he bought your old wing chris
Bad99Olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 05:22 PM   #22
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
he must've found it at the dump

i finally trashed it a month or two ago lol
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 05:36 PM   #23
Bad99Olds
New and Improved

it should have been melted down for scrap
Old 08-06-2009, 06:31 PM   #24
Caboose73

i think its this one
Old 08-06-2009, 06:52 PM   #25
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
as much as i don't like that wing.. it does flow with the kit. There are still alot better options. Like stock.. or razzi, though.
Old 08-06-2009, 06:58 PM   #26
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
No, no it doesn't. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh don't put it on!
Old 08-06-2009, 07:06 PM   #27
Caboose73

I like the razzi the best but ive seen alot worse if he does put that one on
Old 08-06-2009, 07:11 PM   #28
[ion] C2
636 whp

No that's the usual wing all the local ricers put on... I've seen them on Neons, Mustangs, Civics, you name it. Every primered multi-colored, dented, rusted out piece of shit has that wing 3M taped to their trunk.

Don't fall into that crowd.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:18 PM   #29
Bad99Olds
New and Improved

they dont use 3m tape....

they use wood screws
Old 08-06-2009, 07:50 PM   #30
[ion] C2
636 whp

Not this guy:
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...eoID=34754 60
Old 08-06-2009, 11:37 PM   #31
AleroDrime
The Aleromod PITA

AleroDrime has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to AleroDrime Send a message via MSN to AleroDrime
Sorry I dont mean to thread jack but its a yes or no ?
Will a stock spoiler or anyother for that matter rattle with my subs hitting?
AleroDrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:37 PM   #32
Psyfox
GX Member

Psyfox is on a distinguished road
You're gonna hate it and I don't care. I only got the spoiler on today because I had to re-drill holes and such and find the right screws, etc, etc. So I'll put the skirts on along with the underglow when I'm down at college.

I'll get pictures up when I'm settled in and have time. I'm moving in tomorrow and then I have training for my RA position for like 10 hours a day for the next 2 weeks, so it might be a bit.

But anyway...damn you Ion. :P

Btw...I did have the stock spoiler on there.

Pictures can be viewed here: http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...20Alero%20GLS/

Last edited by kwhauck : 08-07-2009 at 12:09 AM.
Psyfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 12:05 AM   #33
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
please play nice, I am not a fan of big wings either (just like 97% of the site) and probably will think it doesn't look nice but i am curious, how did you take care of the old holes?
Old 08-07-2009, 12:40 AM   #34
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
please play nice, I am not a fan of big wings either (just like 97% of the site) and probably will think it doesn't look nice but i am curious, how did you take care of the old holes?

i betcha he didn't
Old 08-07-2009, 12:55 AM   #35
AleroDrime
The Aleromod PITA

AleroDrime has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to AleroDrime Send a message via MSN to AleroDrime
i figure hed did, if hes spent time doing the kits paint he could have fixed the holes or maybe the base of the new wing covers them
AleroDrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:59 AM   #36
[ion] C2
636 whp

Yep, we're all going to hate it. Stock wheels, stock engine, body kit, underglow lights, and a huge wing... and not just any wing, but the most common one found on shitpile econoboxes.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:29 AM   #37
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
...BUT...

hes still rather new (our taste in appearances has all changed at some point) and hes getting work done. So hes starting with a kit? After that, body wise, there isn't much to do. So if he is still going to mod, he'll either go interior, or engine. Get off his back. Just because he didn't do it in the order you wanted, doesn't mean its wrong.

The point is to be different/unique/custom. Its not yours, so stop complaining.

Psy has been a decent member since he joined, earlier this year. Give him some time. Cripes, I've been here for 5 years, still have a stock engine and stock tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyfox View Post
You're gonna hate it and I don't care. .
Amen brother!
Old 08-08-2009, 04:32 PM   #38
StoopidAlero
GL Member

StoopidAlero is on a distinguished road
Exactly, and some people arent into the engine modding and crap. Some people are into appearance mods. Stop bustin his balls.
StoopidAlero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 07:00 PM   #39
wrestlingandrunning
GL Member

wrestlingandrunning is on a distinguished road
wow i can't wait to clean my car up and post pictures to see what ion says
wrestlingandrunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:34 PM   #40
Psyfox
GX Member

Psyfox is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
how did you take care of the old holes?

Sorry about the F bomb btw. And I used the Permatex black silicon sealant to fill the old spoiler holes (do I sound THAT stupid?). I also did it on the base of the wing since there's a hole for the wire for the LED strip on the wing...figured I'd probably get water under there somehow, so I did both bases of the wing to make it look even.

And like I said, I'm going for a showcar rather than a performance car, and I can't afford rims at the moment and am probably not gonna drop it due to the areas in which I drive (I'm currently back in Rolla, Missouri for school which doesn't have the best driveways/sideroads for lower cars...I've already scraped once at the height I'm at).

I've already redone the interior lighting (almost done). And all that's left is the side skirts, underglow, and maybe a couple of other things.

Don't hate because I didn't drop 5k into turboing, which I don't think is the greatest idea for the Alero anyway because it's a front wheel drive car. Ion, I realize that you're a huge performance guy, and I respect that...hell I think your Alero is pretty awesome, but that's not the route I'm going (notice the siggy).

If anything performance ever happens, I'll supercharge it, get new heads, larger exhaust pipe with a higher flow cat, and bore out the engine and get new pistons when the engine starts to crap on me.

Like I said...IF anything performance happens with it...and chances are it won't. I'll spend that 5k+ turbo money on something like a 94/95 Supra.

And Caboose, it's that wing except not as high. That wing is too ricery for me.

Btw, soopid and cherri, thanks for backing me up.

Pictures can be viewed here: http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...20Alero%20GLS/

Last edited by Psyfox : 08-08-2009 at 11:42 PM.
Psyfox is offline   Reply With Quote