Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 04-25-2012, 12:57 PM   #41
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Likely locations:
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:20 PM   #42
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
Good job team
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CSI.jpg (26.7 KB, 69 views)

Have a good day

Last edited by AGT : 04-25-2012 at 01:27 PM.
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:35 PM   #43
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
OMFG. hahahahahahaa
Old 04-28-2012, 08:01 PM   #44
crankycowboy
GX Member

crankycowboy is on a distinguished road
Am I just an idiot?

Ok, so I had the heads pressure tested and valves checked...all good. They surface ground the heads (didn't tell me how much they took off to get them true). I got it all back together and now I have what sounds like a valve tap or rocker knock. I can't tell which side it's coming from. At first I assumed I got one (or more) of the push rods mixed up and put a exhaust (longer one) in a intake (shorter one's place). I pulled the front valve cover and checked...all of them are right. I hate to pull the alternator, coil pack and all those accessories to get to the back valve cover...but will do what I have to...just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas of what could be the problem before I dive too far in the wrong direction. Thanks.
crankycowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:54 PM   #45
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
its a portability the lifters have bled down and need to refill with oil. iv had 5.3L lifters do weird things. put head gaskets on one once and had zero compression because the lifters were holding the valves open.

see if you can find where the noise is coming from (front/back). did you leave a rocker arm loose?

hint... if there is only ONE tap noise then you didnt swap push rods around. then there would be two noises.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:02 PM   #46
crankycowboy
GX Member

Well I'm completely frustrated at this point. Went ahead and pulled back valve cover off and I did screw up on the push rods got the two middle ones swapped. The long one was bent. I had an extra so I just crossed my fingers and put them in correctly, re-torqued and re-assembled everything. Now, it's just missing really bad. I would assume maybe I bent a valve? What other issues could I have caused? I'm trying to determine whether it's worth messing with. This was my daughters car, but we already have her driving something else so I was just going to fix it up to sell. Suggestions, please.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:34 PM   #47
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

rustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to rustyballs_69
Collapsed the lifter probably.
rustyballs_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:00 AM   #48
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyballs_69 View Post
Collapsed the lifter probably.

nah, im willing to bet if the pushrod is bent, then the valve is probably bent too. if/once you pull the intake off you should be able to see it.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:33 PM   #49
crankycowboy
GX Member

Ok (another) dumb question

I'm hoping when I pull everything off AGAIN..that this will be the last time. I have a couple of dumb questions. I know if I pull the head off for replacing the valve that I need to replace the gasket....but can the LIM gasket be reused since it's a different type or do I need to replace that as well? And since lifters were mentioned, should I replace those (or at least the one where the bend pushrod was)? Any other suggestions?
Old 05-02-2012, 10:13 AM   #50
crankycowboy
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankycowboy View Post
I'm hoping when I pull everything off AGAIN..that this will be the last time. I have a couple of dumb questions. I know if I pull the head off for replacing the valve that I need to replace the gasket....but can the LIM gasket be reused since it's a different type or do I need to replace that as well? And since lifters were mentioned, should I replace those (or at least the one where the bend pushrod was)? Any other suggestions?

Well I guess I'm going to go through this once again and pull everythign off. No one had additional suggestions on what else I should replace so wish me luck
Old 05-02-2012, 10:51 AM   #51
jawa