Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 11-15-2013, 07:54 AM   #21
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Power Enrichment

In your scan, when you watch Commanded AFR, you will see, when you go wide open throttle, that your commanded fuel goes from 14.7afr to 12.9afr. Right where that drop happens is where PE Mode begins and continues through to the end of the MAF table. Tuning PE is not recommended without a wideband but I know that in a 3400 you will end up with a reported value of around 930 on the narrow band to get 12.9 to 13.0 afr. Need a wideband to do it right but as I said, in my experience you are a tad lean and need to add some fuel up top there.

Looking at your scan again here, make the adjustment 3% instead of 5%. I think 5% is going to overshoot the mark. Multiply from 7500hz to 10,500hz by 1.03 and get a scan after to shoot over to me. I'd like you to add 2% to your MAF table from 5000hz to 7400hz as well there bud. Its just a tad lean right before PE mode and this should fix that right up!

Last edited by MMGT1 : 11-15-2013 at 08:01 AM.
MMGT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:57 AM   #22
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Do you have rigid mounts on your car?
Old 11-15-2013, 08:52 AM   #23
mfuller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMGT1 View Post
Do you have rigid mounts on your car?
He has the same mounts as I do, since we both have 6-speeds.
The bushings in the tranny mounts are Delrin, and they are very stiff.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:37 AM   #24
MMGT1
GLS member

Good to know! When I get the latest tune I will look at your control of KR and see if we cant desensitize them a little. The v6s have extremely sensitive KR sensors as they are fluid referenced..... more on that once I go over his latest scan with above changes
Old 11-15-2013, 11:03 AM   #25
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome Paul! Thank you matt as well.

Should have known about pe lol brain fart.

Also I do have a wideband in the car. Just not hooked up to the tuner.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:08 AM   #26
mfuller

Wideband is very beneficial to WOT tuning, as it provides much better resolution.
I don't have my NGK AFX wideband hooked up yet; I need to review the how-to on the HPT board to wire it in through the unused EGR harness.
I think that's how Paul did his.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:51 AM   #27
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
It seems to have a plug on the side for it. Was always curious if you had to hardwire or you could just plug it straight in.

I have the pro series hpt.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 11-15-2013, 12:59 PM   #28
sleepyalero
GLS member

Just made changes to maf calibration. Though you told me to go to fuel then maf calibration. I found that table under airflow.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-15-2013, 05:36 PM   #29
sleepyalero
GLS member

okay Paul you have an email.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-15-2013, 05:36 PM   #30
MMGT1
GLS member

True that man, was hurrying pretty good this morning...lol

I can help both you guys wire your wideband in. If you have the PRO the resolution is twice what you get going through the EGR. I think EGR is fine myself, but if you want to really get serious you use the data port right on the Pro Box
Old 11-15-2013, 05:48 PM   #31
sleepyalero
GLS member

i have no EGR but if it helps tuning i might do it... mine might be a paint to do it though. all my wires are pretty tight and not much slack.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-15-2013, 06:31 PM   #32
MMGT1
GLS member

Sleepy, you've got PRO as well right? Check this out dude...

http://www.hptuners.com/help

once there, type "wideband" into search. Then click on "EIO How to" section

Then click on "How to install a wideband"

Follow the steps to having your PRO report your wideband AFR instead of EGR signal
Old 11-15-2013, 06:49 PM   #33
sleepyalero
GLS member

I do have pro. And okay ill look at it in awhile.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-16-2013, 04:35 PM   #34
MMGT1
GLS member

In the latest scan, you've got your fuel bang on up until PE(7500hz), looks perfect now bud. We have you within 1% of actual. Thats whats known as a "Lab grade tune". Having trims within 1% is really freakin good....lol

Shoot me the latest copy of your tune when you have a chance. I am going to have a look at your timing tables now and your KR tables

Last edited by MMGT1 : 11-16-2013 at 04:43 PM.
Old 11-16-2013, 05:18 PM   #35
sleepyalero
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMGT1 View Post
In the latest scan, you've got your fuel bang on up until PE(7500hz), looks perfect now bud. We have you within 1% of actual. Thats whats known as a "Lab grade tune". Having trims within 1% is really freakin good....lol

Shoot me the latest copy of your tune when you have a chance. I am going to have a look at your timing tables now and your KR tables

Awesome man. Will do im about 10 mins when I get back to ryans

Also what about the VE tables? I know a while back you said we could do that as well since I now have a manual car. Lol just curious but will report back here soon and let you know I sent the email.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-16-2013, 05:46 PM   #36
MMGT1
GLS member

Yup, we are going to tune VE as well, but need your wideband for that one, running through HP Tuners. And once you have your wideband reporting in your scans we can properly set up PE mode. I know I have you a tad rich in PE, but that is for safety for now....

Last edited by MMGT1 : 11-16-2013 at 05:55 PM.
Old 11-16-2013, 06:05 PM   #37
sleepyalero
GLS member

fantastic.... lol i just emailed you the latest tune.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-16-2013, 06:13 PM   #38
MMGT1
GLS member

K, Ill get a copy of your tune on a usb stick and bring it out here so I can have a look
Old 11-16-2013, 06:53 PM   #39
MMGT1
GLS member

Ok, open your tune...

Engine:Spark:Retard:Knock Retard Delay

Open High Load Table and Multiply the table by 2
Open Low Load Table and Multiply the table by 2

This will cut the return to High Octane Timing table in half. Or double the reaction time of a knock event, how ever you want to think of it

The V6 also pulls far too much timing when an event happens. So, under Knock Retard Attack, open Base Retard. Multiply table by .5, cutting it in half.

Make these changes and get yourself yet another scan and shoot it over man.... We will keep this step by step so we don't make too many changes at once. When you do that it gets really hard to find where or what has caused a problem.
When a car comes to me for a tune, this is why I need it for at least a full day to get them right. Step by step until you get it nailed...lol
Old 11-16-2013, 07:10 PM   #40
sleepyalero
GLS member

sounds good. gonna throw another coat of paint on ryans gauge pod then ill make the changes. and hopefully get you a scan on the way home.

how do i quick multiply a whole table on a laptop? when you had me do the previous maf changes i typed each section out on a calculator and made the changes one by one.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by sleepyalero : 11-17-2013 at 12:50 AM.