Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 03-11-2004, 04:36 PM   #41
3.4Alero

Hahaha.... got a call from Matt at GM this morning at work. He was very short with me and to the point. He said, "I got to work this morning and found a note on my desk telling me to deliver you this message ASAP. The note says `due to elevated customer loyalty concern, you are to provide 50/50 assistance for the repair of the lower intake manifold gasket.`" That was all he had to say.

Didn't get the whole thing covered, but I'm OK with half. So now I just gotta get it in to the dealership. I guess the dealership really was on my side. What a bunnying ordeal.
Old 03-11-2004, 04:45 PM   #42
misslindseysue

Awesome. I'm glad it worked out. Using goodwill money makes it cheaper, too. They have to use GM labor times. Shouldn't be more than $300 for your half, if not $200.
Old 03-11-2004, 04:51 PM   #43
3.4Alero

Do you know that for a fact? I was quoted $675.00 plus tax from the dealer originally (before talk of goodwill).
Old 03-11-2004, 07:44 PM   #44
misslindseysue

Well, I was quoted $600, and I paid $200. Overdrive's dad is the one who told me, and he runs a shop.
Old 03-12-2004, 07:30 PM   #45
Oldsmopimp

Just got mine fixed today! Woo-Hoo!!!! Now it's time to mod.. :thumbsup:
Old 03-12-2004, 10:39 PM   #46
Final-Reality

Should've said "Thanks! But you realize I'm selling my Alero and buying a Toyota as soon as you fix this..."
Old 03-16-2004, 03:45 PM   #47
mlcroy20

Ok... this may sound like a dumb question.. but in the second picture on the first page of this post.. what is the part where the red and yellow wire is coming out of? (It's in the middle of the page) I think it's a sensor or something?

The reason I'm asking is that my car is leaking from around where that goes in at!!
Old 03-26-2004, 06:42 PM   #48
bdunning

I have a chilton with a "how too" replace the intake manifold gasket only it is for the 3100 V6. Has anyone here done this themselves. I really don't want to spend the money to fix this and my car has 86000 mile and is a 2001. Way out of warranty. Any suggestions?

Ben
Old 03-26-2004, 08:01 PM   #49
3.4Alero

Procedure will be the same for the 3100 and the 3400. Just make sure you mark EVERYTHING very well, so it goes back right, and tighten all bolts according to the book.

Update on me... I got it fixed on Wednesday. $255 for my half of the 50/50, so Lindsey was right. Original quote was $675 plus tax, so 50/50 would have been over $350 with tax. Must have used GM's rates.
Old 03-27-2004, 01:35 PM   #50
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
glad you got it fixed and didn't have to pay full price
Old 03-27-2004, 11:02 PM   #51
3.4Alero

Me too!! LOL
Old 04-19-2004, 09:17 PM   #52
Voodosoup

My car went in today.... And I got the leak!!!!!!

This sucks!!!!!! Along with the other stuff they are doing tomorrow it's going to be alittle over $900!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-22-2004, 12:57 AM   #53
bigd6983

Alrite, got fixed today along with that hazard switch recall. warrantys are tricky, my 100 deductible turned into about 170 or so, something about fluids arent covered under my warranty. they have to drain the oil, so the replacement oil is 29.99, that better be some good oil, I will update on everything that was replaced.
Old 04-25-2004, 07:48 PM   #54
3.4Alero

Yea, I think the replacement coolant for mine was around $25.00. I just wanted to run to Wal-Mart, buy the stuff, give it to them, and tell them to take it off the bill. But I didn't.
Old 04-26-2004, 12:30 AM   #55
bigd6983

they replaced the gasket, had to change oil and filter, thermostat, and i guess I had some kind of oil leak, the gasket was like 4 bucks so it must have been from some kind of sensor on the block, coolant and all that other crap, but im just glad i dont have to pay the full thing and im glad that it was a year warranty so if it goes out again ill be down there. they also replaced my hazard switch, there was nothing wrong with it but my car was down there so i said why not, something done for free, you cant argue there. now I want to see if its going to get recalled and how much they will refund me, anything new on that 3.4alero??
Old 04-27-2004, 06:45 PM   #56
3.4Alero

Nope. But I got my handy-dandy Olds customer satisfaction survey the other day. I attached a separate sheet. Haha.

Oh, I guess I forgot to give an update on what i've found since the repair. I went to put my intake back on and found that the clamp holding the intake to the throttle body was never tightened. It was just hanging there. Then, I found a wire loom just sitting down under my air box when I removed it. It's not connected to anything, it's like they just set it there for a minute and forgot about it! Still never figured out where it's supposed to go.

Anyway, I'm not sending the survey until after I talk with the service manager at my dealership tomorrow. I don't want to blindside him, because he was pretty good to me.