Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 06-22-2004, 12:20 AM   #1
Lucky_13

The company sounds pretty credible, but I've never heard of this concept of air intake before. Anyone know if it works.

Here it is.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=38634
Old 06-22-2004, 12:39 AM   #2
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
someone in the forums has this, they are happy with it. it's a basic WAI setup. but it wont work on the 2.4L
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 01:15 AM   #3
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
bigd6983 has it.
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 02:04 PM   #4
bigd6983

yup I have it......and yea it definately wont fit your car......ive looked at your guys set up........and no way jose........
Old 07-23-2004, 02:00 PM   #5
bluephoAm

I have a 2.4L with something like this with the exception that mine came with a slightly bent aluminum pipe along with the couplers, a rubber tube gasket, and a cone filter. What I did at first was remove my stock intake box and connected it to the rubber hose that contains a sensor (not sure what it is.. I think it's to check air temp or if air is actually flowing) and a resonator box. After a while of driving like that, I noticed some mpg increase on the highway and a quicker throttle response. The mpg in the city was just about the same if not better. Then I was bored one day and decided to see if I could modify it more with the parts I have at hand. I eventually removed the rubber stock resonator hosepositioned my battery where the old stock intake box was and tied it down to secure it (It's definately not going anwhere, but I'll eventually find a way to mount it with screws). I barely had enough ground wire length, but I found two places to put them: one under the battery and one to the front of the car. I then connected the rubber segment hose to the plastic intake and finished connecting the rest of the pipe/filter and placed that sensor thing inside of the cone filter. I made sure there were no air leaks since the wire is being pinched into the rubber. The growling sound is a bit louder (I like it) and I noticed a small gain in acceleration when going up a ramp (I take a huge bridge in Baton Rouge to work everyday). I've never tried to floor the gas pedal, though. I will eventually do this when I find a time and place.