Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 10-23-2010, 05:05 PM   #1
alero_bmxer
GL Member

alero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond repute
EGR valve missing?

I looked on alldata today (our repair program at work) to find the location of my EGR valve and when i looked in the engine bay all i saw was where it was supposed to be? i would think if my car didnt have one there would be a block off plate but im just confused. someone please give me an answer lol
[ion] C2 - I ran her hard, on nothing but the bare ground. After easing into it and progressively pushing down harder I could feel the pressure building and once it peaked I let off and she gave a loud cry from the blow off valve.
Ttop191 - ^ because your car is the only thing that will suck and blow that you can actually successfully get within 25 feet of

Last edited by alero_bmxer : 12-05-2010 at 04:53 PM.
alero_bmxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 05:44 PM   #2
heineck
A-mod Pirate

heineck will become famous soon enoughheineck will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to heineck
mine was like that too. u can stencil the gasket for it and make a block off plate. thats what i did. do u have the exhaust manifold with the egr tube on it?
heineck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 05:48 PM   #3
alero_bmxer
GL Member

alero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond repute
I was planning on making one at work tomorrow. Hmm not sure where would that be located at haha? and what are the adverse affects of not having an egr valve?
[ion] C2 - I ran her hard, on nothing but the bare ground. After easing into it and progressively pushing down harder I could feel the pressure building and once it peaked I let off and she gave a loud cry from the blow off valve.
Ttop191 - ^ because your car is the only thing that will suck and blow that you can actually successfully get within 25 feet of

alero_bmxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 12:18 AM   #4
clutch1
GLS member

clutch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clutch1
No adverse effects really... slightly lowers combustion chamber temperatures by artificially richening the a/f mixture (replacing oxygen w/ exhaust gas) without actually adding more fuel.

Does the car run like shit since it has a huge vacuum leak there???
Old 10-26-2010, 06:16 PM   #5
spyhunter
GL Member

spyhunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to spyhunter
Not all 2.4L came with EGR. 2000/2001 was the year EGR disappeared.

The EGR would be recirculated into the bottom of the OEM intake manifold at the bottom if the car was equipped with EGR.

You have no need or reason to make a blockoff plate. On the exhaust side there's a different exhaust manifold gasket in use that quite effectively blocks off the EGR passage in the head.

I've also heard that the EGR passage in the head isn't even machined all the way through in later models as EGR was not implemented and instead deleted.
Promoter - PM me to be put on the list. Ladies first drink free wed, thur, sat
spyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote