Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 05-01-2008, 05:54 PM   #21
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
I've driven alot of "fast" cars, and none of them seem fast now after the Alero. But even the Alero isn't that fast compared to my ex-girlfriend......

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondiezl3 View Post
well maybe once i get my new exhaust and cat convert and a new pcm it will be a little beter cuz i know for a fact my car isnt running 15's and i knw for a fact it cant even take a grand am let alone keep up with a mustang
Bring it over to my house, and we can keep you from worrying about it any more.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 06:38 PM   #22
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
I've driven alot of "fast" cars, and none of them seem fast now after the Alero. But even the Alero isn't that fast compared to my ex-girlfriend......

Bring it over to my house, and we can keep you from worrying about it any more.

i'm not so sure... yours really classifies as an alero anymore. well.. the body does. but the engine is more aftermarket then oem.

and yes, put 5k into "go" power, and most cars won't feel like they did from the factory....
Old 05-01-2008, 07:01 PM   #23
TheEdgeofSanity
GLS member

TheEdgeofSanity is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheEdgeofSanity
its all relative. For what it is and its class, its a decently powered vehicle. Now, compared to our corvette, the alero is a snail... no, not even a snail... more like a bacteria.

but compared to a Taurus or even a 3100 Malibu, the Alero is well powered.

TheEdgeofSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:42 PM   #24
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
i'm not so sure... yours really classifies as an alero anymore. well.. the body does. but the engine is more aftermarket then oem.

and yes, put 5k into "go" power, and most cars won't feel like they did from the factory....

Actually, the engine is more OEM than anything else, all stock short-block. Just heads/intakes/turbo/trans are only modifications.

You don't need to put 5k worth of "go" power in most other cars. There is not enough aftermarket support on our cars to keep prices down.

If I swapped in a motor from a different type of car and utilized aftermarket suspension components, then I would agree.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote