Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Old 07-02-2008, 12:54 AM   #61
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Well, pics are better than no pics! Looking good, can't wait to see it finished and in person!
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 10:13 AM   #62
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
this week is going to be a buisy week for me, grand prix got effed up at the dealership, so iam painting that this week, and the finishing touches start this week on the alero, if iam consistant with the alero i should have it done in 2 more weeks, i hope!
will keep updated as i go along
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 07:08 AM   #63
El Pablo
03 Subaru WRX

El Pablo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to El Pablo Send a message via Yahoo to El Pablo
can't wait to see it looks gorgeous
Old 07-27-2008, 07:53 AM   #64
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
progress is goin` great, i ran out of welding gas on tuesday, so take care of that on monday, its almost ready for bondo, then i can modify the rear bumper, prime it, and drive it whoooo hoooooo
thanks dude
Old 08-13-2008, 09:18 PM   #65
bdyman
GLS member

more updates!!!

here is a pic of what my bumper will look like, frenched plate, yes it will be all plastic, they dont call me the plastic man for nothing
like it or not i like it its different , and its all plastic
Old 08-13-2008, 09:42 PM   #66
Midgear
on vacation

Midgear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Midgear Send a message via Yahoo to Midgear
very interesting..

Midgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 12:02 AM   #67
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdyman View Post
here is a pic of what my bumper will look like, frenched plate, yes it will be all plastic, they dont call me the plastic man for nothing
I'm feeling it Chris, it will look good and is definitely different.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 12:16 AM   #68
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

DOHC_tuner is on a distinguished road
I wanna see more pics of your custom trunk and spoiler
Old 08-14-2008, 12:38 AM   #69
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Quote:
Will that be in all plastic by any chance?
Old 08-14-2008, 12:40 AM   #70
bdyman
GLS member

why yes it will be all plastic, thats why iam called the plastic man
oh yes it will lol
Old 08-16-2008, 08:01 AM   #71
bdyman
GLS member

doch tuner i changed the deck lid a bit, so when iam done fabn` on it i will post more pics this week, the bumper is coming along great, iam so close to bondo i can taste it, and i love the smell of bondo in the morning
Old 08-16-2008, 08:11 AM   #72
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
so... fiberglass for metal on metal (or weld) and bondo for plastic?
Old 08-16-2008, 08:28 AM   #73
YALEROYNOT
GLS member

YALEROYNOT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
nope no paint for me this time, just primer and pin stripped
here are some pics from last night

did you put reinforcement under the head lights to stop it from getting wavey ?

I also like to work with plastic/fiberglass its interesting and fun. I also like the melting metal tho (is part of my job). I have this heater control project hanging over my head that needs to get done. I am thinking of making side skirts for my car. like these

looks nice very smooth. you going with gray primer ?

build it to break it, if it breaks it was not built well enuff !
=OFF ALL NARCOTICS ADDICTION FREE PAIN MANAGEMENT FTMFW ."million of years ago the continents were connected...." THATS FUNNY THE EARTH IS ONLY ABOUT 6000 YEARS OLD AND THEY STILL ARE CONNECTED JACK*@# !!! click here www.chronicpainanonymous.org

Last edited by YALEROYNOT : 08-16-2008 at 08:59 AM.
YALEROYNOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 10:55 AM   #74
bdyman
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
so... fiberglass for metal on metal (or weld) and bondo for plastic?

never bondo on plastic, plastic welding, plastic adhesives, like 3m of fusor products, plastic reinforced patches for strenght, as i go along on the bumper i will post pics of the work so you guys see how plastic is repiared/customized the correct way

and yes grey primer its ppg`s ncp271 which is a high build corrosive protected primer, and no worries at all it would take yrs for this primer to fade and or to chaulk up and loose all properties
as i built the pockets i welded to the rear body panle, and the other fab work on the 1/4 is just exterior sheet metal for commetics, nothing was strutually cut to impose the strenght of the car
and when its ready for primer i am goin to go inside and put pillar foam to keep things quite, seam sealer around joints, 3m makes a seam sealer in a tape form which will be reinstalled in the trunk gutter, when its done its goin to look like the factory made it like this
von dutch style stripes, loud exhaust, and one crazy tattooed polak driving
Old 08-16-2008, 11:08 AM   #75
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
ok... so.. what is bondo used for?? all i ever hear is "don't use bondo for this, this, or that..."

(pardon my body work ignorance. )
Old 08-16-2008, 12:15 PM   #76
bdyman
GLS member

body filler is used over metal, fiberglass, and aluminum, applying over aluminum a sealer has to be applyied first then bondo can be slung
bondo can be used to shape fiberglass like making boxes, fiberglass enclosures, bondo has come along way from the lets say 80`s, it is easier to sand easier to sling,
not safer to breath unforutnely, doesnt shirnk like the old stuff used to, it is a polyurathene based product hence the easier to apply, we do use fiberglass or duramix sometimes to shape first, a company called evercoat makes some of the best filler out there, especially there glaze, its called metal glaze, can be brushed on, again its a polyurathene based product the old red glaze is a polyethylene based product which was nothing but a headache,
it swelled up shrunk up, no matter if it was finished in 320, it never dried , in the late 90`s is when the products changed due to osha and the epa, so another product made by evercoat is called all metal, it sjust like fiberglass but its all metal, another great product
bondo when used correctly will last the life time of a car, bondo today is not porus like it used to be, so when i sling bondo on my car or any car for that matter i know i will have no worries becasue the metal is preped and the product i sling will last
Old 08-16-2008, 12:26 PM   #77
YALEROYNOT
GLS member

YALEROYNOT is on a distinguished road
I just got a gal of rage gold at www.eastwoodco.com they have a retail store about 20 min from me. its great stuff and isn't terriable expensive at $40 a gal.
its a cool store and cool people that know there sh**. they have a pin stripe kit on sale right now ( if you do it your self )

when it comes to filler cheaper is not better at all. get good products and it will last (if its aplied right)

Quote:
body filler is used over metal, fiberglass, and aluminum, applying over aluminum a sealer has to be applyied first then bondo can be slung
bondo can be used to shape fiberglass like making boxes, fiberglass enclosures, bondo has come along way from the lets say 80`s, it is easier to sand easier to sling,
not safer to breath unforutnely, doesnt shirnk like the old stuff used to, it is a polyurathene based product hence the easier to apply, we do use fiberglass or duramix sometimes to shape first, a company called evercoat makes some of the best filler out there, especially there glaze, its called metal glaze, can be brushed on, again its a polyurathene based product the old red glaze is a polyethylene based product which was nothing but a headache,
it swelled up shrunk up, no matter if it was finished in 320, it never dried , in the late 90`s is when the products changed due to osha and the epa, so another product made by evercoat is called all metal, it sjust like fiberglass but its all metal, another great product
bondo when used correctly will last the life time of a car, bondo today is not porus like it used to be, so when i sling bondo on my car or any car for that matter i know i will have no worries becasue the metal is preped and the product i sling will last

build it to break it, if it breaks it was not built well enuff !
=OFF ALL NARCOTICS ADDICTION FREE PAIN MANAGEMENT FTMFW ."million of years ago the continents were connected...." THATS FUNNY THE EARTH IS ONLY ABOUT 6000 YEARS OLD AND THEY STILL ARE CONNECTED JACK*@# !!! click here www.chronicpainanonymous.org

Last edited by YALEROYNOT : 08-16-2008 at 12:29 PM.
YALEROYNOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 08:36 PM   #78
clutch1
GLS member

clutch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clutch1
My friend used Evercoat on his car and he's so damn retarded that he even effed that up. Haha.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:55 PM   #79
bdyman
GLS member

so anyone want to buy it when its done???
Old 08-16-2008, 08:56 PM   #80
Midgear
on vacation

Midgear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Midgear Send a message via Yahoo to Midgear
buy what? the car? O_o

Midgear is offline   Reply With Quote