Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Regional Discussions & Meets > West Coast

Old 03-03-2009, 10:24 PM   #61
Valley olds
GLS member

Valley olds is an unknown quantity at this point
Good thing about aleros, is that there are some cheap-o mods. Clear corners, tinted tails, and other junk. Speed is expensive though. As for being embarassed, just make your car sound all fancy. Thats what I do.

friend: What engine you got?

Me: Ive got an all aluminum dual over head cam 2.2 liter ecotec beotch

Nah but seriously aleros are pretty special cars, and theres no reason to be embarrassed of them. If you dont believe me, look for an Alero commercial that was posted here a couple months ago. Itll make you feel real special.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:09 PM   #62
Kruc1fix
GX Member

Kruc1fix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Kruc1fix Send a message via MSN to Kruc1fix Send a message via Yahoo to Kruc1fix
yeah the engine name does sounds sexy haha
Old 03-08-2009, 10:10 PM   #63
AleroDrime
The Aleromod PITA

AleroDrime has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to AleroDrime Send a message via MSN to AleroDrime
i feel him on this, jealose he got the clip outa his shift knob still cant get mine, but most those guys with kits n bumble bee can mufflers aint got **** under their hood either

its all about where their money goes, eff em, thier parents probably paid for half just cause they graduated from somewhere

screw it though do your car over time, little by little. we're in school, we cant work full time
AleroDrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:04 PM   #64
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to XanderWiFi
Kruc, I'm new to the show as well. Only have a CAI (cold air intake) in at the moment but I feel ya on the shortness of money and time. The folks here are pretty cool, I'm a noob as well and these guys have to write it out in cranyon for me.

Chances are those kids had mommy and daddy put their mods in for them. Don't sweat it. I'm only looking to up the performance to get better mileage and such. Just don't have the resources to do much else. So we're not all looking to scorch the asphalt.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:27 AM   #65
AbHeLlRaZoR
Canada's Ghost

AbHeLlRaZoR is on a distinguished road
I know where your coming from cruc every town has there douches like in my town there's this guy Donovan in a cobalt ss thinks hes tough S*** he's been through 4 vehicle since he was 16 and we're the same age I'm turning 19 in 2 weeks. he's your run of the mill ricer however his 1st car was a Cobalt Lt with a full exhaust that sounded horrible and he totally ruined the interior of the car trying to paint it to match the exterior. he had a JDM 300zx twin turbo don't know what happened to that and the a 07 f150 but now that he has the SS he thinks hes all mighty its funny cause the only girls that hang out with him are 16 and 15 year olds and his parents paid for everything in his car. unlike me I've paid for all the parts in my car myself. my best advice to is ignore losers like that and figure out exactly what mod you want to do first and how much it costs so it will motivate you to work hard to get it and you'll be surprised at fast you'll have the money in hand.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:22 PM   #66
Kruc1fix
GX Member

Send a message via AIM to Kruc1fix Send a message via MSN to Kruc1fix Send a message via Yahoo to Kruc1fix
thanks for the advice everyone. good news! I have a job interview for subway today!
Old 03-10-2009, 08:31 PM   #67
Midgear
on vacation

Midgear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Midgear Send a message via Yahoo to Midgear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruc1fix View Post
thanks for the advice everyone. good news! I have a job interview for subway today!

send me discounts and cupons.

Midgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:19 PM   #68
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to XanderWiFi
Quote:

Girls usually work at subway...capitalize my friend! Send midgear some special paste on those coupons!
Old 03-10-2009, 10:33 PM   #69
HazMatt24
GLS member

HazMatt24 is on a distinguished road
$5 footlongs, at employee discount pricing. Let me know which one you work at
1994 Chevy Suburban aka The Zombie Mower 4" Rancho suspension lift 2" body lift. 315/75/16 Mickey Thompson Radial M/Ts 10000K HID 12" JL W3 Subs in custom box 1000W Alpine mono amp 1F capacitor 6.5" JL mids 4X6 Pioneers in dash 450W Alpine 4 channel Dynomax cat & exhaust
2007 Cadillac Escalade EXT chameleon paint, Cadillac 22" wheels
HazMatt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:18 PM   #70
Midgear
on vacation

Midgear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Midgear Send a message via Yahoo to Midgear
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderWiFi View Post
Girls usually work at subway...capitalize my friend! Send midgear some special paste on those coupons!

Midgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:25 AM   #71
econewb22
The Plane Mechanic

econewb22 is on a distinguished road
it doesnt matter what u mod bro...its how u mod it
i had a 98 lumina for a while...i put a dual exhaust and CAI and a buncha crap into that car...but it looked good and i liked it...as long as u dont rice it out or "Wal-Mart" it out ull be good man...

and ull appreciate it more if u work for what u got.
econewb22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:11 PM   #72
Kruc1fix
GX Member

ill let you guys no if I get hired. the interview went well and is between me and this girl. Ill know for sure by friday.

I think Im gonna save and save then one day have everything done to my car.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:13 PM   #73
HazMatt24
GLS member

dude, hopefully she didn't offer to blow the manager. If I was him and she did, I'd hire her over you
1994 Chevy Suburban aka The Zombie Mower 4" Rancho suspension lift 2" body lift. 315/75/16 Mickey Thompson Radial M/Ts 10000K HID 12" JL W3 Subs in custom box 1000W Alpine mono amp 1F capacitor 6.5" JL mids 4X6 Pioneers in dash 450W Alpine 4 channel Dynomax cat & exhaust
Old 03-11-2009, 10:43 PM   #74
heineck
A-mod Pirate

heineck will become famous soon enoughheineck will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to heineck
heineck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:52 PM   #75
AleroDrime
The Aleromod PITA

AleroDrime has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to AleroDrime Send a message via MSN to AleroDrime
Quote:
Originally Posted by econewb22 View Post
it doesnt matter what u mod bro...its how u mod it
i had a 98 lumina for a while...i put a dual exhaust and CAI and a buncha crap into that car...but it looked good and i liked it...as long as u dont rice it out or "Wal-Mart" it out ull be good man...

and ull appreciate it more if u work for what u got.

why the hate on the walmart mess? whats wrong with a cd holder or two at a low price

budget, bang for buck anyone agree i realize not everythign there is even remotely decent but the filter there is the same at a autozone, oils the same
AleroDrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:34 PM   #76
HazMatt24
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleroRacing View Post
why the hate on the walmart mess? whats wrong with a cd holder or two at a low price

budget, bang for buck anyone agree i realize not everythign there is even remotely decent but the filter there is the same at a autozone, oils the same

I believe they were referring to accessories, not standard products like oil and filters.

kinda like the truck below which I refer to as a Pep Boys special, as in it has every crappy accessory you can get at Pep Boys installed on it. It's also the type of truck you find when you google wetback truck

Old 03-11-2009, 11:46 PM   #77
Dhoyle
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Dhoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HazMatt24 View Post
I believe they were referring to accessories, not standard products like oil and filters.

kinda like the truck below which I refer to as a Pep Boys special, as in it has every crappy accessory you can get at Pep Boys installed on it. It's also the type of truck you find when you google wetback truck

LMAO thats just wrong, but i bought my CD player n speakers from walmart, cuz im new to all this and didnt want to blow 300$ speakers when i can get pioneer fronts n jensens in the back for like 100
and then a sony xplode box and amp wireing kit for like 200, lols
Old 03-11-2009, 11:48 PM   #78
xstrong4lifex
GL Member

xstrong4lifex is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to xstrong4lifex
Quote:
Originally Posted by HazMatt24 View Post

xstrong4lifex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 09:22 AM   #79
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Is this how it is everywhere? As soon as you show up you need to be spitting fire can't go to learn anything?

If it's Mesa AZ you live in, I get back from Iraq in October-November time frame. I'll help you out with what I can. Have my own welding gear and a little creativity, as well as a few local resources.

I'm in Sierra Vista.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 03:22 PM   #80
Kruc1fix
GX Member

yup, i'm in mesa. Cool everyone I got the job! I start wednesday at 4PM. The Subway on Signalbute and baseline if anyone wants to hit that up haha.