Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 01-22-2014, 10:38 AM   #1
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Alarm door lock/unlock wiring.

It's been a while. Got a new alarm I'm trying to make work the keyless entry. I know our cars use a negative only lock/unlock system and one negative pulse has to go through a 1500 ohm resistor.

But what do I do when the outputs for lock/unlock are like this?

[ion] C2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 11:01 AM   #2
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
Ask the manufacturer.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:16 AM   #3
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
I think I need to use diodes so I can use both the blue and green wires and make them only output negative.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:42 AM   #4
guiguilandry
Premier V.I.P. Member

guiguilandry is on a distinguished road
IIRC I used 2 relay to switch the current on mine... but it's been like 6 years since..

www.demonautosport.ca
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2941359
http://demonautosport.monchar.com/
guiguilandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:20 PM   #5
[ion] C2
636 whp

I e-mailed the manufacturer.
Quote:
Your car has a Type H negative multiplexed doorlock system. In order to connect an aftermarket system to control the locks you require relays and resistors.

I looked up that style and got a nice little wiring diagram.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:57 PM   #6
guiguilandry
Premier V.I.P. Member

yep there ya go... this is exactely what we did on mine

www.demonautosport.ca
Old 01-22-2014, 07:24 PM   #7
[ion] C2
636 whp

The only thing I don't get is that one wire on the alarm is "- unlock, + lock" and the other wire is "+ unlock, - lock" ....

So let's say if I just run the blue wire to a relay, and the other end of the relay is connected to constant +12V... when I hit the button to unlock, the relay will function. What happens when I hit the button to lock and the alarm sends a + pulse to the relay?

Like... is this how you do it?

Old 01-23-2014, 09:51 AM   #8
guiguilandry
Premier V.I.P. Member

It's been like 6 years since we installed it and I wasn't the one doing the wiring... but I remember one thing and it was that my alarm/remote starter was sending positive pulse for lock and unlock and that we had to use relay to switch it to negative..

I do not remember at all about the resistor part, but I'm sure you can figure that out...

I made a little wiring of what we did to switch pos+ to neg-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sans titre.jpg (14.3 KB, 21 views)

www.demonautosport.ca
Old 01-26-2014, 09:15 PM   #9
[ion] C2
636 whp

Yeah I mean it makes sense using relays. I'm just wondering how the whole "lock negative, unlock positive" goes using the same wire... like if I hook things up the way I made my markup above, will it catch on fire when the wrong polarity pulse comes through? haha