Green Eyed Monster

that is what I was thinking.... :huh?:
Old 03-21-2004, 12:21 AM   #22
Voodosoup

Get a mounting bracket and stick it in the trunk

http://www.mobilevideo4less.com/PS2.html
Old 06-03-2004, 10:07 PM   #23
Hobbes

First of all, you can get it in there(the gap, not the glove box) there's only one way to slide it in, so mess with it for a while, and you should be able to figure it out...

I've had the same problem, I hated going to the trunk, and I didn't like it floating arouns, there is a mounting bracket for a 100 bucks, search for "PS2docking station" but then it would still be in the way, under the dash takes up foot room, and in the back, dosen't work....

I am in the proccess of the solution, I'll take some shots tonight, and show you later, I promise... but if you notch the plastic without affecting the screw patterns, it wedges in there quite nicely.

after reading about the carputers, though, should I be worried about heat?
Old 06-03-2004, 10:50 PM   #24
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Silentalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
feel lucky your only finding a spot for it..Hell i was gonna relocate the cd tray but that task is not my personal favorite so now i have to resolder the controllers inside the ps2 so no wires show
Silentalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 11:25 PM   #25
BLK03GXS
GLS member

BLK03GXS is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Silentalero@Jun 4 2004, 02:50 AM
feel lucky your only finding a spot for it..Hell i was gonna relocate the cd tray but that task is not my personal favorite so now i have to resolder the controllers inside the ps2 so no wires show
Your gunna hard wire the controlers??

Um interesting.... :huh?:

BLK03GXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 02:40 AM   #26
Hobbes

Yeah, I know it voids the warranty to take it apart, but I did too, just to see what can be done. I wanted that reset button to be remote, but it dosen't matter anymore.

p.s. I'm new at soldering, and everything I've tried has kind of melted together, does anyone have any links, or suggestions... I've heard some talk about heat sinks but still don't know. I've had no formal electrical training, everything I've learned is by experience...

anyways-like I promised...

I think this is the best place for the PS2, whether that is the case or not, this is where I have chosen to put it. I'd appreciate comments, but keep in mind :"Don't approach me, I won't approach you, cause you don't know what I will or I won't do!" -Eminem

Also, I feel I have to add, that is called the Golden rule; something that seems to be taken for granted here. Funny is one thing, but rude, arrogant, insecure, pety people who hatefully mock others for their own enjoyment is just not cool people. "You don't have a glove box, I hate it, you dummass!" <-- typically poopty comment from aleromod.com

Honestly, I'm posting because you people have knowledge about Aleros and can provide some great insight. Besides that for the maturity level alone I've witnessed on here -- in one days time ( i'm sure to get flak for saying this) and that people is pathetic. You know It's pathetic I even feel this way, sure does say alot for the integrity of this community. dis-represent, yah!

enough about me, back to the cars, sorry for anyone that didn't deserve that mini speech, and GROW UP to the punks that did!

You can see the notch I cut out, on the left side... I'm thinking CD changer, or normal CD player, so I can DVD the PS2 and music the "......" right above the PS2, and of course to polish the whole thing, switches for inverter, fogs, lights, whatever... maybe even a light to see the cd tray....

and here's the head unit, I made two switches to allow it to work while driving, no biggie...

Silent---Hardwiring the controllers sounds coo- I want a wireless system.. with a remote optic eye or something, I know it can be done, hell, I got a wireless keyboard..
Old 06-04-2004, 02:46 AM   #27
Hobbes

And here's the inverter I'm using, picked it up at Freddies' nothin special, I will hide it somewhere and hardwire it to have a switch and turn on/off with a key twist..

So far I've been to a few places, and for a custom finally wrapped fiberglass or aluminum piece it will be round 3oo I've gotta have everything set-up though first, so I know how many switches to install, and I've measured the CD changer and it will leave about two inches of space to the left of it, above the PS2, hopefully enough....
Old 06-04-2004, 02:47 AM   #28
Hobbes

and night shots, of the screen, on dim mode... running standard PS2 Cd player...

also I'm having a few problems...

I took my car in for the hazard switch recall, but ever since, at night, the service engine light comeson, the dash display lights don't work, my tail lights are out, and what else.... more, it goes ding ding ding, when it happens, and I think it's the same problem with the hazard switch, I'm gonna look at it this weekend, I had to wait until my windows were fixed...
Old 06-04-2004, 03:01 AM   #29
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
yea hardwiring is tricky soldering BUT i have to do it becasue i dont want the controller wires hanging from the ps2 since its gonna get embedded in the fiberglass mold....makes it look tacky
Old 06-04-2004, 03:23 AM   #30
Hobbes

If you do do that, would you please take some pictures, or make a how to, I'd be interested in working the same thing, I think you're right about the wires, where would they go to the controllers though? just come out in a different place?
Old 06-04-2004, 10:19 AM   #31
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes@Jun 4 2004, 06:47 AM
and night shots, of the screen, on dim mode... running standard PS2 Cd player...

also I'm having a few problems...

I took my car in for the hazard switch recall, but ever since, at night, the service engine light comeson, the dash display lights don't work, my tail lights are out, and what else.... more, it goes ding ding ding, when it happens, and I think it's the same problem with the hazard switch, I'm gonna look at it this weekend, I had to wait until my windows were fixed...
check the fuse relay box under the hood, i had the same exact lighting problem, 2 15A fuses were blown.
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 10:40 AM   #32
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes@Jun 4 2004, 02:23 AM
If you do do that, would you please take some pictures, or make a how to, I'd be interested in working the same thing, I think you're right about the wires, where would they go to the controllers though? just come out in a different place?
yea i will, good thing ya mentioned it becasuse i have to anyways....the controler wires will just lead out the back but the only porblem is once they are in there there is no taking them out....actually gonna work on that sunday when i get back so ill have some pics by monday
Old 06-04-2004, 12:02 PM   #33
Hobbes

Sweeet-- I'm gonna try and fix my lighting problem, what else are you gonna put in there silent?
Old 06-04-2004, 12:08 PM   #34
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Alot

ps2/xbox/computer/2 subs/4 tv's/led's/lightning tubes and thats just the back seats...i still gotta do my trunk and dash/doors n whatnot
Old 06-06-2004, 08:44 PM   #35
Hobbes

Nu- uhhh! All that stuff, wow! That'll be incredible-

Quote:
check the fuse relay box under the hood, i had the same exact lighting problem, 2 15A fuses were blown.

I pulled every 15a fuse, and couldn't find one that was blown, was it exactly like my problem? did it come and go with the night time auto lights... I'm really stuck on this, I thought it was the hazard recall thing, so I took it to the dealership, but it still heppened, even after they said they replaced it.

Would there be any problems If I took out the hazard switch completely? I want the space and can afford to lose it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone know how to get the center vent out? I'm really stuck here...

I really don't wanna brake it by pulling on it, if there's bolts instead of clips, I could rip it to pieces.. has anyone taken this out before?

I took out the dash display...

But all I could get out was the clip, and I can't reach the air vents from anywhere, glove box, behind the dash, or from here. so It's gotta be a straight removal or from the stereo...

I got one of the bolts out, but that was all I could reach. If I could get at it from the other side (the vents) then It would be a snap..

and Silent, I'm really looking forward to that interior job! Do you by chance know how to hardwire a power inverter?
Old 06-07-2004, 02:35 AM   #36
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

you have to take the radio down and theres 2 clips under it, just push em up and slide it out
Old 06-07-2004, 03:39 AM   #37
Hobbes

I actaully convinced a girl to help me, and together, with me reaching from the instrument side, and her from the glove box side, we got both the clips and stuck two screw drivers under neath the clips from the front...

then I was able to slide it out, I cut my hands all up, and it was a pain to do, but I got it out wihtout taking out the radio, just in time, to take out the hazard switch too... before I lost light, but thanks... next time I will definitely go through the radio..

Now If I can only find that screw I dropped....