Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 05-29-2008, 08:11 PM   #1
LiveWire
GX Member

LiveWire is on a distinguished road
Exclamation 5-29-08_Wondering if this set up will work

Hey i was wondering if someone would let me know if this set up will work to hook up my amp and sub to my stock radio (Like if all the wire lengths check out and will work. Or if some of them will be too short). also whats the easiest and best way to wire everything around the car so that all the wires will be hidden.

all the part listed are from ABC warehouse. And I'd be getting them for a discounted price.

Original Price/ Discounted Price

Parts List

__4ga Amp Kit Includes __-$49.99/$29.95

*17ft -- 4ga wire
*3ft -- 4ga ground
*17ft -- RCA
*gold AGU glass fuse holder with 80amp gold AGU fuse
*33ft -- 16ga 2 conductor speaker wire
*17ft -- 18ga remote turn on wire
*assorted hardware
*2 -- 4ga gold spade terminals
*2 -- 4ga 5/16" gold ring terminals
*6 -- 6" black wire ties
*2 -- 16ga gold spade terminals
*2 -- 18-22ga gold spade terminals
*6ft -- black split loom

__Other Parts Needed__

*GM Post Extender - $4.95/$4.00

*4ga Ring AS-RT4 (Ring Terminals) - $7.95/$5.00

*Hi/Low Impedance Adaptor AS-SNE/OR5 - $12.95/$9.00

Also if theres anything else that i'll need to have to make my sub work please let me know cuz im pretty ignorant in the car audio department

But I'm going to pick the parts up tomorrow 5-30-08 and i need to know if i need anything else before i drive all the way to my uncles work on it with him

-Thanks
LiveWire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 12:36 AM   #2
kniedelm9490
GL Member

kniedelm9490 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to kniedelm9490
it should be enough. you will have to use a line output converter. to run the subs off the stock stero

.but run ur wires under the carpet and along the pannels. but your going to have to find the grommet and run the wire from the battery which can be a pain in rear. just loot through previous threads and you should be able to figure most of it out

running the power line

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22087

Last edited by kniedelm9490 : 05-30-2008 at 12:45 AM. Reason: felt like it
kniedelm9490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 01:40 AM   #3
01silveralero
Aleromod's most pointless thread starter

01silveralero is on a distinguished road
i have my ran around the engine bay passenger door down the side and across the floor up to the rear seats.... u can only see my wires in the engine bay no where else except in the trunk.
New project 1992 460 big block ford notchback mustang
Goal - Mid 11s all motor.
01silveralero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 12:51 PM   #4
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
Plenty of wire there...

Just pull up the plastic on the door sills and theres TONS of room under there for wires.

Hes got a LOC converter there for $13. BOL with that, hope its a quality one.

And the "discounted" price isnt even that good. www.knukonceptz.com

All I can say is be very weary about wiring now days. Companies like RAPTOR sell some of the crapiest wire known to man... and people buy it...
Old 05-30-2008, 11:41 PM   #5
LiveWire
GX Member

wow, so i started to hook it all up tonight and all i have to say is....damn i hate that effing grommet...asides from the fact that i tried to put it in the first one that i saw which was the one on the driver side right next to the fuse box and once i forced the 4ga wire in the grommet along with the wires that were already in there, (which took about 15mins for it to actually go through) i pushed about 10ft of wire in there trying to figure out where it led to... and yah it pretty much goes no where. then since i live in michigan, lord behold it'd start pouring rain. so now im about to try the one below it once i get the time to take the air filter and fuse box out. So pretty much all that i got done was i made up the box as in i have some wire going from my sub to my amp... soo pretty much nothing...

*Now the question of the day for all you audio alero guys is... does any one know if the radio has a power antenna control wire/pin/line whatever you call it? and what kind of terminals it has? because as of now i have no clue what my kick line is going to be.

and does anyone have a good set up for a quick disconnect? so if i felt compelled to actually use my trunk i could just pop some wires off and take the box and amp out?

By the way thanks for everyones comments thus far
Old 05-30-2008, 11:43 PM   #6
LiveWire
GX Member

Oh and Ryan i just noticed after i bought the LOC that its made in china.. so im not gonna expect alot out of it but it'll work for now.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:32 AM   #7
YALEROYNOT
GLS member

YALEROYNOT is on a distinguished road
nope the radio has no amp remote turn on. I have mine running off of a ing circut in the driver side fuse box . guess you could hook it up to a switch and a "hot all the time circut "

build it to break it, if it breaks it was not built well enuff !
=OFF ALL NARCOTICS ADDICTION FREE PAIN MANAGEMENT FTMFW ."million of years ago the continents were connected...." THATS FUNNY THE EARTH IS ONLY ABOUT 6000 YEARS OLD AND THEY STILL ARE CONNECTED JACK*@# !!! click here www.chronicpainanonymous.org
YALEROYNOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 12:49 AM   #8
kniedelm9490
GL Member

depending on the size of the box and where u mount the amp u dont really loose much space. i had 2 12's and the amp mounted on the back seat when i need to put my bike in i just pulled out the box, left the amp connected but took out the fuse so it wasnt on. right now i have 2 15s and 2 amps and no trunk space what so ever lol but eh thats what the back seats for lol
Old 05-31-2008, 01:38 AM   #9
clutch1
GLS member

clutch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clutch1
Quote:
Originally Posted by YALEROYNOT View Post
nope the radio has no amp remote turn on. I have mine running off of a ing circut in the driver side fuse box . guess you could hook it up to a switch and a "hot all the time circut "

Could tap the ignition wire, too, while the radio is out it's just chilling right behind it to the left. Otherwise wouldn't at least one of the wires to the radio go hot when the car get turned on? That's how it's been on the car I've isntalled on without aftermarket radios.. just test wires until you find one and splice into it.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:42 PM   #10
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Quote:
Originally Posted by YALEROYNOT View Post

Well then how does the factory amp turn on? There's two different pins you can use on the factory radios (at least 2001-2004) for amp turn on.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 02:47 PM   #11
LiveWire
GX Member

what if I hooked it up to the radio's power button so when I turn the raido on the amp goes on. would that work?
Old 06-02-2008, 03:15 PM   #12
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveWire View Post
what if I hooked it up to the radio's power button so when I turn the raido on the amp goes on. would that work?
It would work, but I wouldn't do that cause it could cause popping in the subs when you do that and you don't know how much current that amp draws when powering up...could fry something, not saying that will happen but it potentially mess something up, also it would probably be a electronic switch with no real voltage on it and just switching a electronic relay. I would tap off of the sunroof fuse on the passenger side if you don't have a sunroof. It is on the ignition and thats what I use to run my dvd player. That way you are not putting all your eggs in one basket and it makes it alot easier to troubleshoot should a problem arise.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:43 PM   #13
LiveWire
GX Member

well what if its cold or raining i wouldn't wanna be hitting the sunroof button that'd be kinda odd wouldn't it.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:20 PM   #14
kniedelm9490
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveWire View Post
well what if its cold or raining i wouldn't wanna be hitting the sunroof button that'd be kinda odd wouldn't it.

lol u miss read what he said

"I would tap off of the sunroof fuse on the passenger side if you don't have a sunroof."
Old 06-03-2008, 12:52 PM   #15
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kniedelm9490 View Post
lol u miss read what he said

"I would tap off of the sunroof fuse on the passenger side if you don't have a sunroof."
Thank you