Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 07-31-2013, 09:58 AM   #1
WIALERO
GL Member

WIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these parts
Send a message via Skype™ to WIALERO
turn signal issues

I went to work and my turn signal freaked indicating a burnt bulb well checked both and they were just fine front still worked but the back did not I looked at the back one it was fine so I replaced it anyways and the front went home fine then it started freaking out again and again the back one does not blink and I followed the wiring there's no bad spots at all but the other 3 work what's going on?

2004 olds alero R.I.P 242,500
1995 f-150 5.0v8 5sp 143,xxx(redneck truck)
Now searching for a new Ho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
He no crazy, he WIALERO!!
WIALERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:17 AM   #2
jawa
Powered by LX9

jawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to jawa
Your car hates you

jawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:31 AM   #3
WIALERO
GL Member

WIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these parts
Ha it loves me its the first problem that's happened in a while

Quote:
Old 07-31-2013, 05:26 PM   #4
RalphP
GX Member

RalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond repute
Oxidation in the socket? Or does the Alero use the *spit hack* circuit boards that GM stuck the Malibu and Cutlass with? If the latter, triple check ALL connections, and then throw the old boards away and buy new ones ...

If just a socket, then a good spritz of something like DeoxIt (cleaner and conditioner available at Radio Shacks, $15 for a small sprayer of both on one card), let the socket oxidation dissolve properly, treat it, and remember to use some good dielectric grease on it.

If THAT doesn't help it, time to hunt up to the front where the multi function switch is and see if that's where the problem is.

RwP
RalphP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:40 PM   #5
WIALERO
GL Member

It was moisture got it fixed now

Quote:
Old 07-31-2013, 08:22 PM   #6
RalphP
GX Member

RalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIALERO View Post
It was moisture got it fixed now

That's one of the two things dielectric grease ("bulb grease" as it's also called when sold at the lamp section of the Big Box Auto Parts Store) helps keep from bothering you. The other is, it helps to spread the heat out so it won't be as apt to melt the bulb base into the socket.

Go back and grease that puppy *grins*

RwP
RalphP is offline   Reply With Quote