Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 08-29-2013, 11:55 PM   #1
WIALERO
GL Member

WIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these partsWIALERO is infamous around these parts
Send a message via Skype™ to WIALERO
fogs

Ok my car never came with them but some of you no I got a pair from the junk yard and I stalled them I ran it to switched lower source fuse but now all the sudden one of them does not work checked the bulb and plugged it into the other working fog and it worked I checked the fuse the wiring and everything and for some reason its not working can I run a power wire to the fog light fuse would it even work since my car never came with them?

2004 olds alero R.I.P 242,500
1995 f-150 5.0v8 5sp 143,xxx(redneck truck)
Now searching for a new Ho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
He no crazy, he WIALERO!!
WIALERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 06:20 PM   #2
tacollins
GX Member

tacollins is on a distinguished road
I saw that you hadn't gotten a reply yet, I don't know if you already fixed this problem or not, I did however find the wiring diagram for the headlights/fog lamps, here: http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showt...ighlight=ebsco just click the first link, go to automotive repair, then put in your vehicle, go to diagrams, and then to headlights.

My car didn't come with fog lights either, but that shows how the stock fog lamp wires were put together.

The switch was wired to the right fuse block which would contain the fog lamp fuse and the fog lamp relay, from there it is connected to the under hood fuse block and the circuit is connected to that. I would think that all the wiring would be there because switching between wiring harnesses for different builds would have been costly for GM, and would probably need the relays and fuses and what not. (this idea is being backed by the fact there are a lot of unused wire connectors dangling from the harness in my dash, though I haven't taken the plastic cover off of the spot where the fog lamps go to make sure, my title says the car is a GL2 but I haven't looked up the codes to confirm.)

If I'm missing something or off the mark please explain.

Mods in consideration: Painted intake manifold, (still gotta replace my lifters, planning on using MMS improved lifters), Stage 2/3 NA Camshaft, CAI, Battery relocation, upgrade stock Kicker speakers with the stock upgrade ones from WalMart, (I blew one of my rear bass speakers, )

R.I.P. Paul Walker

Last edited by tacollins : 12-21-2013 at 07:30 PM.
tacollins is offline   Reply With Quote