Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 05-12-2009, 09:51 PM   #21
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrim View Post
Definitely a good car in terms of longevity. The 3400 engine is designed to be a runner (not a racer lol), meaning it will run smooth for awhileee.

HAHAHA NICE!
Old 05-13-2009, 09:12 AM   #22
misslindseysue
MINIac

misslindseysue is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to misslindseysue
My old one has close to 140k miles on it now. Engine/trans are still good - interior is ok after I had the dash fixed. Brother just put new brakes on it and the last bearings are still good. MIL (sorry, CEL) won't go away, though - fuel system demon - and it's getting to be too much of a PITA to keep up. Rear quarter is rusty and doors are starting to go, too. If that cash for clunkers passes with some changes she's going to scrap.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:20 AM   #23
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by misslindseysue View Post
My old one has close to 140k miles on it now. Engine/trans are still good - interior is ok after I had the dash fixed. Brother just put new brakes on it and the last bearings are still good. MIL (sorry, CEL) won't go away, though - fuel system demon - and it's getting to be too much of a PITA to keep up. Rear quarter is rusty and doors are starting to go, too. If that cash for clunkers passes with some changes she's going to scrap.
Or try to selll her. Mine is decent with almost 150K miles. Dash is poop
Old 05-13-2009, 11:21 AM   #24
misslindseysue
MINIac

misslindseysue is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to misslindseysue
My brother has the car. Dealer offered him $800 in trade ($200 less than what I was offered when I bought the MINI). So even if he could sell it for double, the bill promises at least $3500 to scrap it ($4500 if you buy something 10mpg better than your scrapper). The only way it'll live is if the bill passes as is and he trades someone for a Jeep or something that qualifies w/ less than 18mpg combined.