Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 12-25-2012, 07:12 PM   #61
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Looks right let me know when your going to do it ill come help
Old 12-25-2012, 09:33 PM   #62
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
The bump stop is my problem

Notice it's roostered
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:26 PM   #63
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

rustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to rustyballs_69
The bump stop goes under the bellow. The bump stop doesn't go in the strut mount. The top of the bellow goes into the bottom of the strut mount were you have the bump stop at in the picture.
rustyballs_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:27 PM   #64
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyballs_69 View Post
The bump stop goes under the bellow. The bump stop doesn't go in the strut mount. The top of the bellow goes into the bottom of the strut mount were you have the bump stop at in the picture.

Thank you for that! You're a life saver!

But are you sure?

Because here its on top...

Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.

Last edited by sleepyalero : 12-26-2012 at 08:32 PM.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:37 PM   #65
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

rustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
Thank you for that! You're a life saver!

But are you sure?

Yeah I am sure. When everything is apart you put the bump stop on the strut shaft first. Push the bellow into the upper strut mount, put the spring insulator on then the spring, upper mount and bolt it down.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:43 PM   #66
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

The picture you posted is probably just a generic picture more than likely. See how the bellow fits into the upper strut mount in this picture.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:53 PM   #67
sleepyalero
GLS member

Ahh yes, I'll have to redo it thank you.

The bump stop does not go into the boot at all?
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-26-2012, 09:02 PM   #68
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

Quote:
Ahh yes, I'll have to redo it thank you.

The bump stop does not go into the boot at all?

The boot will go over the bump stop after you have it all together.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:04 PM   #69
sleepyalero
GLS member

Quote:
The boot will go over the bump stop after you have it all together.

Will it do it after installed on the car on its own? Sorry bout all the dumb questions..
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-26-2012, 09:36 PM   #70
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

Quote:
Will it do it after installed on the car on its own? Sorry bout all the dumb questions..

Not dumb questions, at least you ask before you destroy something. Also I may be a little wrong. Looking at a youtube video of a factory strut from a Grand Am being taken apart it looks like the bump stop and the bellow go into the bottom of the strut mount. You can see what I'm talking about in the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDOTT...=results_video

Start around the 15 minute mark and watch. You can see how the bellow and bump stop are from the factory.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:00 PM   #71
sleepyalero
GLS member

Interesting but i don't see where he used that spacer/washer my strut came with..
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-26-2012, 10:11 PM   #72
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

Well when the time comes for you to put the new struts and springs in pull one of your old struts apart to see how they are from the factory. Unless the bellows you have a different than the factory ones the bump stops go on the inside of the bellows.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:18 PM   #73
sleepyalero
GLS member

Quote:
Well when the time comes for you to put the new struts and springs in pull one of your old struts apart to see how they are from the factory. Unless the bellows you have a different than the factory ones the bump stops go on the inside of the bellows.

Will do. Appreciate the help.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-26-2012, 10:32 PM   #74
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

No problem, can't wait to see some pics after the drop.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:35 PM   #75
04PONTIACGA
GL Member

04PONTIACGA is on a distinguished road
You could just go to a shop. I got a quote before I decided to do mine, and all they wanted is $40, then you would install the strut yourself. If its a cool shop they'll probly let you watch, so you can see how they go together. Just a suggestion, maybe it could save you the hassle. I just hate dealing with a cheesy spring compressor. Luckily my buddy had a wall mount compressor, so I did mine myself.
04PONTIACGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:41 AM   #76
sleepyalero
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04PONTIACGA View Post
You could just go to a shop. I got a quote before I decided to do mine, and all they wanted is $40, then you would install the strut yourself. If its a cool shop they'll probly let you watch, so you can see how they go together. Just a suggestion, maybe it could save you the hassle. I just hate dealing with a cheesy spring compressor. Luckily my buddy had a wall mount compressor, so I did mine myself.

i was just debating going to the dealer in the morning to get that done. get a quote in the morning once im off work ill call em. at work atm and of course at 4 am they arent open.. would be nice though!
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-27-2012, 05:12 PM   #77
sleepyalero
GLS member

Got the suspension together today, now just to find the time to install it..

Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-27-2012, 07:12 PM   #78
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
Thought the boot stop went on the bottom?? Lol... did you take it to the shop to install or DIY? Either way they look good and it's about time you drop your car...

Btw i still have the rear sway bar if you are interested...

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:21 PM   #79
sleepyalero
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw0123 View Post
Thought the boot stop went on the bottom?? Lol... did you take it to the shop to install or DIY? Either way they look good and it's about time you drop your car...

Btw i still have the rear sway bar if you are interested...

The sway bar can be a late Xmas present to me... hahaha no I gotta save a little cash and maybe that will be my next purchase how hard is install for it?

I took the suspension to my local Chevy dealership to be put together, I had 3 together but they said they were wrong. (I also told them to take them apart and re assemble to make sure they are together right or not)

And I know, 5 years of owning the car, and I'm just now lowering it....
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-27-2012, 09:13 PM   #80
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw0123 View Post
Thought the boot stop went on the bottom??

If you take a factory strut out and look at it you wont see the bump stop, it is under the bellow. Maybe because he used aftermarket bellows and strut mounts? I used factory bellows and strut mounts when I lowered mine.