Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 04-23-2008, 09:23 PM   #1
m1r4g3_k1d
GX Member

m1r4g3_k1d is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Push Button Starter?

So... I know you COULD just turn the key... But I suppose it could be a security feature also. Has anyone done or know anyone who has done a Push Button Starter on their car and how hard would it be to do a setup like that to an Alero... Anyone have a site? (Sorry if there is a thread like this already or if this is in the wrong spot.)

Help plz.
EDIT:

Biometric Access with Starter + Free Installation.

Any thoughts? Here's the link: http://www.automobile-security.com/products.htm

That's interesting seeinf as how they will install it. O_o And it has a starter so I don't have to worry about turning the key and pushing a button. Stick my finger on it and VRROOM!

Last edited by m1r4g3_k1d : 04-24-2008 at 08:07 AM.
m1r4g3_k1d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:25 PM   #2
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Maby you could mod one from a prius or sumthin..of course youd have to find a way around the PASSLOCK so the car will start.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:33 PM   #3
m1r4g3_k1d
GX Member

Exclamation

I've been hearing alot from the Honda S2000 starters. Hmm... Didn't even think about the PASSLOCK.

Has anyone out there done it to their Alero?
Old 04-23-2008, 09:42 PM   #4
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Not that i know of..try this, when your lock cylinder wears out change it then or do research
Old 04-23-2008, 09:43 PM   #5
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
there's a lot of threads on this as far as i know
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:48 PM   #6
m1r4g3_k1d
GX Member

Exclamation

Alright. Well I was also thinking of going Double O 7 on people and doing a Biometric Starter...

http://www.automobile-security.com/products.htm

-- That link sells the thing I'd like to get. Put it in place of the Key lock and such. What do you guys think?
Old 04-23-2008, 09:52 PM   #7
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Umm waste of money, do an exhaust instead!
Old 04-23-2008, 09:53 PM   #8
m1r4g3_k1d
GX Member

Exclamation

LoL. Waste of money...Yes... But, who can really get in your car if you don't want them to?
Old 04-23-2008, 09:56 PM   #9
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

true! i mean Stephen01 almost had his car stolen twice! so if you want to go with it then go for it!
Old 04-23-2008, 10:06 PM   #10
m1r4g3_k1d
GX Member

Exclamation

Well maybe the the Biometric safeguard with the Push button startup will be an alright combo. Or just the Biometric safeguard alone.

I must go ponder this more.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:17 PM   #11
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate's Alero View Post
Not that i know of..try this, when your lock cylinder wears out change it then or do research

i love how the guy whose been here for like a week, is answering everyones threads now like hes an expert. (i know your dying to contribute, but please... stick around for a little while before you start really diving into these things)

pushbutton starts arent THAT hard to do. you will have to put a resistor inline (to bypass the passlock), and need a handful of relays, to trigger the electric signals to the various components)

Threads discussing this. Last one HAD pics, but apparently they've gone bye-bye.
http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showt...h+button+start

if you want specifics of HOW to do it, message richie (goes by aftermathalero on here) i believe he has the most functional one, and is quite an expert on this higher end, fancy rewiring jobs. Eh_nigma also did one, but hes currently over in the desert blowing stuff up.

you'll need probably 3 switches, if you want to get rid of the ignition cylinder completely. so i'd start by looking for a clever place to hide those, before you get too far with the planning of how.

thats what stopped me from doing this. i can't find a good, hidden, yet easy access location to hide them.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:16 AM   #12
super white alero1
Trying to get it together

super white alero1 is on a distinguished road
Thanks Cherry I didn't feel like saying anything.
super white alero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 01:27 AM   #13
2fst4u
[boosted 2.4L]

2fst4u is an unknown quantity at this point
shouldn't be too bad. agreed with cherry, talk to richie. he'll get you set straight.
on a side note, wouldn't he only need the push button, not switches if he were keeping the lock cylinder? not sure. worth a shot. see what aftermath says.
2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 02:47 AM   #14
Kilroy
GL Member

Kilroy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
i love how the guy whose been here for like a week, is answering everyones threads now like hes an expert.

So you figure that just because you've been on this forum longer than someone else, you automatically know more than someone with less time? Maybe this guy has been a GM mechanic for twenty years??
Kilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 07:28 AM   #15
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilroy View Post
So you figure that just because you've been on this forum longer than someone else, you automatically know more than someone with less time? Maybe this guy has been a GM mechanic for twenty years??
That may be true.(being a mechanic).but doesn't mean he's right! Thats not to say that Cherry is right as well but he makes a very good point.
Old 04-24-2008, 07:36 AM   #16
JOEY GLADSTONE
GX Member

JOEY GLADSTONE is on a distinguished road
i posted up a whole wiring diagram of a keyless push start for our cars but richie told me to take it down
JOEY GLADSTONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 08:08 AM   #17
m1r4g3_k1d
GX Member

Exclamation

Sweet. I'll talk to him. I edited this and put a link to a Biometric starter and door lock. That seems interesting also and with it having free installation to boot it could be better than the push starter.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:26 AM   #18
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Quote:

i didn't mean it as an insult, (and i know for a fact that nate's alero had some good comments about the transmission of another member that i wouldn't have known)

but in this instance, theres plenty of previous about this, and he clearly didn't know about it. I'm just saying, if your THAT new, admit it and don't make it seem like your knowledge is the entirity of the board.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:28 AM   #19
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Talking

Quote:

Thanks, have had some experience with push button starters (not a mechanic yet) going to school to be one! My brothers Lexus has a push button starter that has always had problems and he always needs it to be fixed (he is too cheap to go to a Mechanic
But he usually calls on me to come and see whets wrong (usually a loose wire
The cars a lemon!)
Old 04-24-2008, 08:29 AM   #20
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Not saying that im right!