Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 02-10-2005, 03:29 PM   #61
Alero04

what u mean 6/10, 7/10, 8/10....??!?! like 8 outa 10 rating of goodness? :P LOL
Old 02-10-2005, 03:29 PM   #62
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
my PERSONAL rating... based of various amounts of research and personal expirience.... still just an opinion albeit.
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 05:47 PM   #63
02_Silver_Ho
GX Member

02_Silver_Ho is an unknown quantity at this point
If you're looking for a white light, go with silverstar, but if you want something with a noticable tint to it, definately go with PIAA. You may pay more for PIAA, but i've had mine for over 3.5 years now, so basically you're paying for quality. Depending on if you want a blue or a purple tint, go with either the plasma or super plasma bulbs. :thumbsup:
02_Silver_Ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 06:15 PM   #64
johny_boy32
V.I.P. Member

johny_boy32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to johny_boy32
Just go with the silverstars...you wont be dissapointed
Old 02-10-2005, 06:59 PM   #65
mike2002
GLS member

mike2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to mike2002
i have silverstars, they arent blue at all, there more of a perfect white vs yellowish that stock lights have. im not really that impressed with them. i did some research and on other car forums people took pics with stock, then silverstar, then GE, then PHILLIPS...the ones that formulanerd just posted. the phillips but out the most light, way more than silverstars, GE was a close second, silverstar was 3rd, stock was 4th

get phillips

also, if your harness is bad, go to the junkyard and find any car that uses the same bulb as your car. take the bulb with you, and plug harness's into it untill you find one that fits, then just snip the thing off with 6" of wire still on it, then cut of your harness and splice it in. make sure not to mess up the polarity, just make sure it goes on the same way as the stock one

PS i cant believe there's 64 posts on this in 10 hours, you guys really chime in when its a girl that needs help...i should have put "female" in my avatar LOL
Old 02-10-2005, 08:55 PM   #66
FormulaNERD
GLS member

yea.. i have the phillips, i tossed my silverstars

lol... it's not pronounced mike.... its pronounced mika.... hah eurotrip was a pretty good flick.
Old 02-11-2005, 07:42 AM   #67
Alero04

lol!! i like how i created a busy topic :P
*takes a bow*
Old 02-11-2005, 07:49 AM   #68
Alero04

Just to inform u guys...lol i went on the forum which the car freaks go in that live around here....lol they told me that the lighting problem is CLEARLY my fault...i should 'educated' myself on these things before i do anything to my car. *funny cuz the lights were a gift and i didnt even kno anything about them til the bf brought the car back to me...with lights installed*
so basically they're calling me stupid for not knowing about my wattage and what the possibile risks are that could go wrong if the wattage is wrong...i was like...awwwe im sorry fellas...i didnt know i had to educate myself on something i ddint even know i was getting. i didnt know it was MY fault that my harness may be f***ed up...
the morons in this city really do make me laugh a wee bit
Old 02-11-2005, 08:02 AM   #69
Alero04

also i was looking in the forums yesterday and saw oen about LED dome lights...festoon white LED dome lights to be exact i WANT and NEED them!! how much do they run? and again....canadian chick here....where can u get them?
Old 02-11-2005, 08:19 AM   #70
FormulaNERD
GLS member

http://www.autolumination.com

theres the link, but i'm not sure which size you need <_<

edit:
link fixed
Old 02-11-2005, 10:08 AM   #71
Super White Alero

ok alero04 here the HiD which I found on Ebay that are new choose the 9006 bulb so they will fit your lowbeam. Also side blinkers and singal lights
Old 02-11-2005, 07:40 PM   #72
shockz

How much are the silverstar light bulbs for low and hi beams???

I've got to get a fog light and some other blubs... so I might as well look into these too.

Nevermind... too pricey for a lightblub... I was expecting 12 at most. Not 32.
Old 02-11-2005, 08:07 PM   #73
FormulaNERD
GLS member

just get the phillips shockz.

10 dollars a bulb.
Old 02-11-2005, 08:11 PM   #74
Sno

Quote:
Originally posted by Alero04
also i was looking in the forums yesterday and saw oen about LED dome lights...festoon white LED dome lights to be exact i WANT and NEED them!! how much do they run? and again....canadian chick here....where can u get them?
I just got 3 LED fuses, 1 for my dome and 1 for each light in my rearview, they look awesome.. haven't installed them yet ofcourse, my car is coming back in March... but from what i've heard/seen, they are nice and bright, and illuminate almost everything :thumbsup: also... how much to the Phillips brand headlights run? and are they a blueish tint like the Euro's? Cuz i'm looking for brightness, visibility factor, and like a blue tint in my headlights... I was looking at silverstars but they are like pure white... no tint, so are Phillips tinted?
Old 02-11-2005, 08:15 PM   #75
FormulaNERD
GLS member

blue tint robs light output.

the phillips are as far from blue as it gets. and are the brightest standard wattage bulb you can find (and cheap to boot!)

and silverstars to add a bluish/purple tinge, it's just not something your brain processes as blue. but it does this to achieve the appearance of being brighter.

now i'm just waiting for someone to argue with me... hehe.
Old 02-12-2005, 03:35 PM   #76
Alero04

oki...i was told by the moron guys here...(in my city not on this forum) that piaa is too high of a wattage for my lights. adn my wiring sucks so thats why the euro lights didnt work....that everyone in the 'club' has euor's and they work fine. so its my wiring that is pathetic...not the lights....
Old 02-12-2005, 03:53 PM   #77
FormulaNERD
GLS member

no. eventually, the euros will burn up any harness... some people go longer than others, but in the end they burn up.

i mean, some cars might have a higher headlight wattage, but that doesnt make it any better or worse than an alero.

they're just idiots trying to A) impress you B) feel better about themselves for owning a honda/toyota/neon/etc
Old 02-12-2005, 03:54 PM   #78
Alero04

lol well these freaks think they know it all. cuz its just my wiring thats f***ed....cuz apparently my wiring SUCKS! lol and if i wanted to get piaa...im stupid cuz its too high in wattage..... :rolleyes:
Old 02-12-2005, 03:56 PM   #79
FormulaNERD
GLS member

well the PIAA are 65/55... that sounds right to me? maybe someone else can have some input.
Old 02-12-2005, 04:03 PM   #80
Alero04

see i belive u guys....i mean f***...we have the same car. some honda junkie thinks he knows my wattage and what is best...grrrr