Send a message via MSN to Eh_nigma
Nice-nice-nice... very nice...
-Why the hell not?
Eh_nigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 07:15 PM   #22
01GrandAm
GX Member

01GrandAm is on a distinguished road
So how is it coming along, last thing you told me over on the DHP boards was that a part was on order.
01GrandAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 07:32 PM   #23
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
and WHERE'S OUR VIDEO?!!?!!??!
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:15 PM   #24
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
parts are being custom made, not ordered (off the shelf), hahaha......

no further update, trans is mounted in, waiting for custom parts for an axle solution, which means we're on stand-by for a third-party to finish up their end. Aside from that, all we need is wiring and programming.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:43 PM   #25
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
cheetz

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 09:32 AM   #26
jlenko
GX Member

jlenko is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to jlenko
Hey BlackJack, I'm in the same boat as you.... trying to figure out axles for the 4T65E-HD for my L67 swap (into a Cavalier... but it's mostly N-body suspension now!). I've got 34 spline axles from the Buick Park Ave donor car, and 00 Malibu axles (32 spline) from a wrecker... of course, nothing is working... I'm about to take the axle shafts to a machine shop and see if they can cut and re-spline them..

How about you?

...j
jlenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 10:29 AM   #27
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
axle problem all fixed.

Old 04-24-2007, 11:04 PM   #28
jlenko
GX Member

So what did you use?
Old 04-25-2007, 12:36 AM   #29
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

GTP axles

Old 04-25-2007, 11:20 PM   #30
jlenko
GX Member

Had to shorten them?
Old 04-25-2007, 11:52 PM   #31
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

nope, put in GTP hubs and custom machined spacers, along with caliper spacers. By doing this, I also have the ability to put on wider wheels/tires for better traction. Also gives me a bigger choice in wheel selections since I dont have to worry as much about clearing the struts now.

Old 04-26-2007, 12:22 AM   #32
2fst4u
[boosted 2.4L]

2fst4u is an unknown quantity at this point
your ingenuity never ceases to amaze me. great work man. it's great to see more guys putting a performance angle on their alero's. your work is very encouraging.
i'm home on leave right now, and i got a chance to check out my car in storage. it's awesome to see my new motor, supercharger, cams, and other goodies just waiting for me to come home in september when i'll get to finally get my hands dirty.
keep up the good work.
2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 01:25 AM   #33
jlenko
GX Member

Darn, that won't work for me. The J-body platform is too narrow to use any more spacer type things

Guess I'll be shortening some axles!!
Old 04-26-2007, 08:32 AM   #34
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fst4u View Post
your ingenuity never ceases to amaze me. great work man. it's great to see more guys putting a performance angle on their alero's. your work is very encouraging.
i'm home on leave right now, and i got a chance to check out my car in storage. it's awesome to see my new motor, supercharger, cams, and other goodies just waiting for me to come home in september when i'll get to finally get my hands dirty.
keep up the good work.

right on man....great to hear from ya, and we're really looking forward to you getting home for good bro.

Just remember my motto......if it moves, kill it.