Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 08-13-2013, 09:41 AM   #1
theirishpope
GX Member

theirishpope is on a distinguished road
need help tracking down issue

hey can anyone help me out i am having an issue with the engine galloping sending a shudder through the car and then dieing while i am driving it. it usually happens when i stop at a stop sign but has also happened after a turn on a straight road. 03glgold was thinking a vaccume leak somewhere, or maybe just need to change the fuel filter?
theirishpope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:58 AM   #2
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
sounds like you alreadyknow exactly where to start looking
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:01 AM   #3
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
What engine?
What year?
How many miles?
I am also thinking vacuum or fuel related, but it could be a lot of things.
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:12 PM   #4
theirishpope
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzyzzx View Post
What engine?
What year?
How many miles?
I am also thinking vacuum or fuel related, but it could be a lot of things.

2.4, 2001, 165911 miles

i am going to check the things i listed above but i dont have the money yet. was just wondering if anyone else had this issue and already knew what it was.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:31 AM   #5
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
I have the same issue. Do the rpms get jumpy?
Old 08-14-2013, 07:08 PM   #6
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
I haven't had the chance to look at it enough to tell when driving, but in the 30 seconds it idled from cold start it seemed like there was a minute amount of jumping (less than 100 rpm variance)...It seems to me though like they complain about it being worse when it has been raining and from what I understand it started in the rain...I know he checked the fuse panels for corrosion already because that wasn't to hard for him to check, I also wonder if tps couldn't be a potential problem with the miles it has

EDIT: found this video and it may be of assistance to some

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CPqbaSgcok

Last edited by 03glgold : 08-14-2013 at 07:29 PM.
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:36 PM   #7
theirishpope
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheman1188 View Post
I have the same issue. Do the rpms get jumpy?

yes rpm do jump, and usually around 500-1000 rpm range at 500 rpm is when it will die
Old 08-16-2013, 12:45 PM   #8
theirishpope
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03glgold View Post
I haven't had the chance to look at it enough to tell when driving, but in the 30 seconds it idled from cold start it seemed like there was a minute amount of jumping (less than 100 rpm variance)...It seems to me though like they complain about it being worse when it has been raining and from what I understand it started in the rain...I know he checked the fuse panels for corrosion already because that wasn't to hard for him to check, I also wonder if tps couldn't be a potential problem with the miles it has

EDIT: found this video and it may be of assistance to some

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CPqbaSgcok

nice vid, and i remember hearing a high pitch noise right after i fixed the a/c in the car, i thought it was from the a/c might be overcharged though so i let some out and it stoped
Old 08-17-2013, 08:15 AM   #9
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Before you overthink it, have you ever pondered if it can be your TPS? Those things make the car act screwy when they're bad. I know on a Jeep I drive every now and then, the TPS on that engine made the car jump RPM during start up and then every now and then it would shift extremely hard into gears. Changed it, and the car drove fine since.

I'm not saying these other parts won't be it, but it can get simple as that at times.
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:18 AM   #10
02AleroGLS
GX Member

02AleroGLS is on a distinguished road
Does anybody know what would cause cutting out when im giving it about 1/4 throttle on small load while driving? It will still run but you can hear it cutting out a little bit and its alot worse when the a/c is on..I have already replaced the fuel pump,fuel regulator,airl filter,maf,spark plugs, ignition coils (ECHLIN) brand so not cheapo,IACV.
02AleroGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:56 PM   #11
theirishpope
GX Member

actully turned out to be a hose on the underside of the air box somehow came off or was loose i took the box off gave the hose a good shove back on and it has not done it as bad, i need to go and adjust it a little further though my wife was driving it and it died on her again, but just needs a small adjustment to fix.