Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 06-27-2007, 05:08 PM   #21
p1mptress
I'm pretty much Awesome!

p1mptress is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to p1mptress
So Blackjack when are u coming up to NY to rebuild my 3400?! Anyways ur car is sick looking keep up the good work! Is there anything else that needs to be done to it still?
p1mptress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 06:22 PM   #22
alerocar01
V.I.P. Member

alerocar01 is an unknown quantity at this point
looks good

DO WORK
alerocar01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 07:22 PM   #23
MixtapeMessiah
Southern Fly Boy returns

MixtapeMessiah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to MixtapeMessiah
Quote:
Originally Posted by alerored04 View Post
no thats the auto that comes stock in a grand prix gtp. He wants automatic, they are more consistent for drag racing. And wow is there some bench racing going, spyhunter has 350hp something and he hasnt broken into 11's yet, and that is with the lighter 2.4l, only cause he toasted a clutch. No one knows what it will take to put an Nbody past that.

If I heard right when I talked to spyhunter a few weeks ago he broke into the 400hp mark with his new GT30 turbo so I believe and hit the high 11's in the 1/4, im not sure tho I havent heard from him in awhile on AIM.

Last edited by MixtapeMessiah : 06-27-2007 at 07:25 PM.
MixtapeMessiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 12:47 AM   #24
number1alero
GL Member

number1alero is an unknown quantity at this point
^ i highly doubt high 11s on just 400hp, now if hes well into the 400s, closer to 500, id be more apt to accepting it, so long as hes done some weight reduction on the car, going off base numbers here, but ie. dodge viper with 500hp only pulls a 12.2 in the 1/4 but it also weighs close to 3400lbs

Last edited by number1alero : 06-28-2007 at 12:54 AM.
number1alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 12:56 AM   #25
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
alot of speculation going on......I haven't even dyno'd yet.

For those of you who are into making educated guesses, crunch these numbers and we'll start a poll eh?

more tweaks coming later on, but for now:

will be peaking out at around 15-18psi @ 8.9:1 compression, stock cam, 42.5# injectors @ ~70psi fuel pressure.

Any guesses?

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 12:58 AM   #26
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
1.21 gigawatts

1 gigawatts = 1341022.09 horsepower

you do the math.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:00 AM   #27
number1alero
GL Member

number1alero is an unknown quantity at this point
15-18psi is a large margin to be guessing on...but i would say around 450hp, im guessing more power down the road once you get custom turbo cam, i know that right there will open up a huge potential so long as the fuel upgrades are matched (generally speaking, ive found a lot of tuning aspects to be the same on v6s and v8s doing research on a blown setup on my cobra, just a matter of matching the fuel and timing all up together, along with having the heads that can withstand the flow)

on a side note though...its amazing how turbo/supercharger kits can make big differences in power among different models in a certain make (a 96gt with a turbo kit from one company can net 750rwhp while it will only net 550rwhp for the cobra, strange eh?) granted its all about tuning, but this was listed numbers on their website, all from the same kit with the same kind of setup

Last edited by number1alero : 06-28-2007 at 01:06 AM.
number1alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 10:07 AM   #28
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal2000 View Post
1.21 gigawatts

1 gigawatts = 1341022.09 horsepower

you do the math.

Better get out Mr. Fusion haha

I am expecting BlackJack to break the sound barrier with this thing.
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 10:12 AM   #29
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by p1mptress View Post
So Blackjack when are u coming up to NY to rebuild my 3400?! Anyways ur car is sick looking keep up the good work! Is there anything else that needs to be done to it still?

I thought you were bringing it here to AZ?

Yeah, still have a long way to go. Later in the year, I'm going to have to put in the roll cage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGT View Post
Better get out Mr. Fusion haha

I am expecting BlackJack to break the sound barrier with this thing.

If I can just hit 88 miles per hour.........

Old 06-28-2007, 10:36 AM   #30
p1mptress
I'm pretty much Awesome!

I don't know how my car will hold up driving down to AZ, since I went to ass with just a 10 hr drive and the engine mount was broke when i got there (the one on the passenger side was broken by each bolt). SO if I drive all the way down there I might not have much of a car left when i get there.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:52 AM   #31
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by p1mptress View Post
I don't know how my car will hold up driving down to AZ, since I went to ass with just a 10 hr drive and the engine mount was broke when i got there (the one on the passenger side was broken by each bolt). SO if I drive all the way down there I might not have much of a car left when i get there.

Dont worry about the rest, I just need the body.....er.....that didn't sound right. Oh well, maybe someday I'll move farther north.....like when hell freezes over

Old 06-28-2007, 10:58 AM   #32
p1mptress
I'm pretty much Awesome!

Hey you never know with global warming it can become to hot to live there!
Old 06-28-2007, 01:06 PM   #33
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

and when that happens, I'm moving to Scotland !!

Old 06-28-2007, 01:48 PM   #34
p1mptress
I'm pretty much Awesome!

Old 06-28-2007, 02:14 PM   #35
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
once again blackjack.....i love your set up!

every night i pray that i will wake up and have a turbo under my hood ;-) hahaha, good work, keep us updated!
Old 06-28-2007, 02:26 PM   #36
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
Since I had the car down for the trans swap, I had the turbo setup reworked and repositioned, and also decided to go for a new UIM.

The UIM is based off the 3500 model, obviously, but with a nice twist. The neck for the TB was cut off, and opened up for a 3" pipe with flange for the 75mm TB.

The TB is big enough for me to stick my fist and maybe a honda civic into......

Here's the BEFORE:

and here's the AFTER:

Oh my God...Someone stole the car and left the engine haha
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 02:47 PM   #37
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
/\ at least they left the good part. An alero body is easily replacable, that motor is not quite so easy to rebuild.
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 02:00 AM   #38
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

hahaha, good one.......

Thanks for the support everyone. Now back to working in the new fuel rail and fuel pressure regulator....should be fun

Old 06-29-2007, 02:33 AM   #39
TurboAleroGT40
GX Member

TurboAleroGT40 is on a distinguished road
Nice man, very nice keep it up!!! lol
Btw my car is finished.
BJ, what tunning program are you using, because If you want someone to help with the tunning , go to http://www.hollandms.com.
He could give you a helping hand with tuning
TurboAleroGT40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 03:12 AM   #40
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

DHP PowrTuner