Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 06-29-2007, 03:17 AM   #41
TurboAleroGT40
GX Member

TurboAleroGT40 is on a distinguished road
hmm, well I think he could help you. He uses HP tuner but you could ask him for some pointers lol , you might never know
TurboAleroGT40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 11:11 AM   #42
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
regardless of the tuning device used, the tables in the PCM are the same, and changes have the same effect. So it's a good resource if I ever need it, thanks.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:20 PM   #43
jturkey69
V.I.P. Member

jturkey69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to jturkey69
very nice...glad to see you replaced the pipe with stainless flex
2005 Nissan Altima SE-R 6spd MODDED! (wifes pocket rocket)
1998 Ford Explorer AWD 5.0...modded, and fun DD

jturkey69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 05:48 PM   #44
Vinalero
GLS member

Vinalero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by number1alero View Post
^ i highly doubt high 11s on just 400hp, now if hes well into the 400s, closer to 500, id be more apt to accepting it, so long as hes done some weight reduction on the car, going off base numbers here, but ie. dodge viper with 500hp only pulls a 12.2 in the 1/4 but it also weighs close to 3400lbs

It all depends on the driver, temperature, tires, humidity, etc... Ive seen a 97 Viper GTS stock do 11.7 on the 1/4. If spy pulls low 12 on 350 hp, its possible that BJ pulls id say 11.7-8 depending on the kind of traction hes getting.

Nice Set up btw dude.
2 door 2000 Black GX With a stick: M45 eaton supercharger - Quad4's 57mm Throttle body - Custom WAI - KYB GR-2 struts - CM Lowering springs - Front and rear strut tower brace - R1 concept zinc plated drilled/slotted rotors with semi-metallic pads - short shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerosaint View Post
the #6 bolt torque..its impossible to get...unless I use telekenesis
Vinalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 06:51 PM   #45
strtrydr
Premier V.I.P. Member

strtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to strtrydr Send a message via MSN to strtrydr Send a message via Yahoo to strtrydr
none ... but I remember him saying that he had a plan for that
strtrydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 08:29 PM   #46
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
hahah, thanks for the traction jokes strtydr. ass hat.

Old 07-01-2007, 04:54 PM   #47
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Quote:
Originally Posted by number1alero View Post
^ i highly doubt high 11s on just 400hp, now if hes well into the 400s, closer to 500, id be more apt to accepting it, so long as hes done some weight reduction on the car, going off base numbers here, but ie. dodge viper with 500hp only pulls a 12.2 in the 1/4 but it also weighs close to 3400lbs
Spy's at 432 Wheel HP. I'll figure 500hp for the Viper, the older ones are a little less and the newer ones are a little more, but the 500HP for the Viper is rated at the crank. Given an estimated 15% drivetrain loss the Viper is now at 425 Wheel HP. The Viper is also 300-400 lbs. heavier than an N-body. It's said that every 100 pounds you shed from the car will get you a tenth quicker in the 1/4 mile. So that's 3-4 tenths quicker just from weight. Plus, I believe Spy is also running slicks. So now he's got the traction, weight and power advantage over a Viper. I can easily see him hitting high 11's.

Something to consider, there's a turbo Ecotec Cavalier on J-body.org that runs high 11's with around 340 Wheel HP, at the time, on slicks. Since then he's built a new setup with more power, but I haven't seen new track times yet.

Last edited by Spilner521 : 07-01-2007 at 04:56 PM.
Spilner521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 09:06 PM   #48
Vinalero
GLS member

Vinalero is on a distinguished road
Slicks chage anything, like i said, the GTS Ive seen doing 11.7 was stock with no slick. If spy has slick now, i'd say he can do 11.5 or below
2 door 2000 Black GX With a stick: M45 eaton supercharger - Quad4's 57mm Throttle body - Custom WAI - KYB GR-2 struts - CM Lowering springs - Front and rear strut tower brace - R1 concept zinc plated drilled/slotted rotors with semi-metallic pads - short shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerosaint View Post
the #6 bolt torque..its impossible to get...unless I use telekenesis
Vinalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 09:29 PM   #49
spyhunter
GL Member

spyhunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to spyhunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by alerored04 View Post
no thats the auto that comes stock in a grand prix gtp. He wants automatic, they are more consistent for drag racing. And wow is there some bench racing going, spyhunter has 350hp something and he hasnt broken into 11's yet, and that is with the lighter 2.4l, only cause he toasted a clutch. No one knows what it will take to put an Nbody past that.

For clarifications.............

I ran 12.4@112mph at approximately 350hp... if I had more time and practice at the track that would most likely have been capable of dipping down to 12.2-12.3 at around the same mph plus or minus 2-3mph...

Then I retuned on C16 fuel, 15lbs of boost and busted out 432hp 424tq. Went to the track next day, first run down the track asploded the clutch. I ran 12.4@118mph... If the clutch held together and allowed me to get everything to the ground I would've ripped an easy 11 second pass for sure. Instead I gained some nice mph. Speculation amongst the guys at the shop was that had everything held together I would've squeaked a low 120mph and some 11second insanity.

Another clarifcation before anybody starts running their mouths. At the track I'm on 15rimx8.5widex24.5tall M&H Racemaster slicks on steelies. I also run at the track on full interior. At this speed, unless if I can remove 100lbs, it's not worth it to me.

Cheers.
Promoter - PM me to be put on the list. Ladies first drink free wed, thur, sat
spyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:25 PM   #50
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

regardless of how much HP I put out, you definitely will have me on weight just by the 4-banger alone. I'm just glad to see someone with an N-body ripping out low 12's none the less.

People may misunderstand, but spyhunter and I aren't in competition for the fastest N-body (at least I'm not). I consider it more of a team effort to make the other type of car owners take notice of what an N-body can do in street trim.

Old 07-03-2007, 11:59 PM   #51
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Now if everybody would think like that BJ.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:41 AM   #52
spyhunter
GL Member

spyhunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to spyhunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
regardless of how much HP I put out, you definitely will have me on weight just by the 4-banger alone. I'm just glad to see someone with an N-body ripping out low 12's none the less.

People may misunderstand, but spyhunter and I aren't in competition for the fastest N-body (at least I'm not). I consider it more of a team effort to make the other type of car owners take notice of what an N-body can do in street trim.

FOr me anybody that is close to what I'm putting keeps the fire lit under my arse to keep on pushing.
Promoter - PM me to be put on the list. Ladies first drink free wed, thur, sat
spyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:51 AM   #53
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

by all means then....keep pushing, I'm right on your heels