Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 02-01-2008, 06:02 PM   #1
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Latest Updates

Lots of requests for updates so......our buddies over at MalibuClub.ca made the most convincing argument to post pics. Here's a re-post, and sorry I didn't post it here first

alright....but before all the chatter gets started....
1) it's NOT that dirty...color settings on my camera are jacked, plus it's compensating for being taken in the dark....
2) I know...the date stamp is wrong, I JUST now took those pics at your request.
3) yes, that IS an 85mm TB and an LS1 MAF.
4) yes, that IS a 4t65 HD transmission
5) all the turbo/pipes are out being blasted so I can coat/wrap them right now
6) yes, I'm going to get rid of the blue convoluted tubing, and the tape markers.

What's left is finish the trans cooler, finish the fuel lines, coat/wrap pipes and reinstall, then tune.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 06:06 PM   #2
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
great. Cant wait to see finished pics. Whats the timeline?
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 06:46 PM   #3
Vinalero
GLS member

Vinalero is on a distinguished road
Man That TB is MONSTRUOUS!!!!
2 door 2000 Black GX With a stick: M45 eaton supercharger - Quad4's 57mm Throttle body - Custom WAI - KYB GR-2 struts - CM Lowering springs - Front and rear strut tower brace - R1 concept zinc plated drilled/slotted rotors with semi-metallic pads - short shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerosaint View Post
the #6 bolt torque..its impossible to get...unless I use telekenesis
Vinalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 01:01 AM   #4
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
couple of weeks tops to be fired up....no telling on the tune beyond that (until I'm satisfied, or I run out of gas money )

Old 02-02-2008, 01:22 AM   #5
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
WOW!!! Way to go BJ, keep up the great work. Can't wait for the results.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 08:04 AM   #6
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
JESUS! you could hide contraband, in that TB!

can't wait to see what that beast is capable of.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:10 AM   #7
YALEROYNOT
GLS member

YALEROYNOT is on a distinguished road
Keep the kids away that tb can eat a small child wow. what size is the exhaust if the air going in is that big ?

build it to break it, if it breaks it was not built well enuff !
=OFF ALL NARCOTICS ADDICTION FREE PAIN MANAGEMENT FTMFW ."million of years ago the continents were connected...." THATS FUNNY THE EARTH IS ONLY ABOUT 6000 YEARS OLD AND THEY STILL ARE CONNECTED JACK*@# !!! click here www.chronicpainanonymous.org
YALEROYNOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 01:13 PM   #8
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

3" mandrel bend pipe from turbine to rear cross memeber. No cat, no muff, no EGR. Just pure pipe.

Old 02-02-2008, 02:12 PM   #9
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Very nice setup. That 4T65 is huge! Was it a tight fit?

Are you going to keep the blow through MAF setup? Obviously you've done the research and I haven't, so I don't know, maybe it'll work just fine, but you may be better off having the MAF in the turbo intake tube, especially with it being that close to the throttle body, it could see a lot of reversion when the TB closes.
Old 02-02-2008, 03:06 PM   #10
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Thanks...and yes, I'm keeping the MAF in a blow-through configuration. The MAP sensor is a stock 1bar, so the only way to tune beyond that is the MAF. So measurements from the MAF needs to be actual air flowing through into the engine. The reading is messed up if you flow X amount of air pre-turbo, and some of it gets blown off through the BOV. There's no more disruption of reading than if you had a corvette LSx and suddenly slammed the TB shut. But this way, the MAF will read actual air intake.

Old 02-03-2008, 02:01 PM   #11
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
What's left is finish the trans cooler, finish the fuel lines, coat/wrap pipes and reinstall, then tune.

Yeow! Better get started on the rollcage.

Great job, the inlet to the IM is pretty critical, and it looks like you got it down. Will this also eventually be for the street, or is it "track-only" ?
Old 02-03-2008, 05:02 PM   #12
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

40% street, 60% track.

Roll cage is slated for near-term future, but I shouldn't have to worry about that till I start getting ready for 10's. I gotta worry about breaking 11.99 for right now.

Old 02-03-2008, 11:45 PM   #13
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

AftermathAlero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AftermathAlero
Very nice bro! cant' wait to see her back up and running!
Old 02-04-2008, 06:15 AM   #14
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AftermathAlero View Post
Very nice bro! cant' wait to see her back up and running!

Me too, thanks bro.....come on over and help turn some wrenches....we can have it done in no time....oh yeah and don't forget to bring the wallet too...heh

Old 02-04-2008, 09:22 AM   #15
Trickyslick
V.I.P. Member

Trickyslick is an unknown quantity at this point
Very nice Blackjack I have been curious as to the progress. Definately want to be there when you make some runs.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2231641/1
Trickyslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 09:38 AM   #16
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

muchos gracias bro....I'll try and give you a heads-up when I'm rolling that way.

Old 02-04-2008, 11:43 AM   #17
strtrydr
Premier V.I.P. Member

strtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond reputestrtrydr has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to strtrydr Send a message via MSN to strtrydr Send a message via Yahoo to strtrydr
dont forget me man ... and check your PM's got some questions dealing with my setup and build pieces
strtrydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:46 PM   #18
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

next update:

trans cooler/lines are installed
fuel lines and AFPR installed
blue wire covers are GONE !!!

remaining:
reroute the hard water line that wraps around the block
hot test for exhaust leaks
re-fabricate charge pipes
paint/wrap hot pipes.

new pics as soon as I can find the stupid USB cable for my camera

Old 02-14-2008, 11:46 AM   #19
sorrowfulkiller
GX Member

sorrowfulkiller is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sorrowfulkiller Send a message via MSN to sorrowfulkiller Send a message via Yahoo to sorrowfulkiller
wow man... i so wish i could help you out with that today. that is one badass project. So will you be putting a trans-brake in there too then or what?

btw why not go bypass valve... much easier to tune for and you don't lose any driveability... theres a company that makes wrx/sti parts that has a half bpv half bov type thing... i think in your case that would work perfect because you would really want to make sure you vent some of it
Old 02-14-2008, 12:32 PM   #20
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Trans-brakes are really recommended for setups pushing 800+hp. I don't think I'm quite ready for that mark yet. That will take a much heavier transmission build which will cost in the neighborhood of $5k.

Thanks for the offer of support.

The BOV I have is a 52mm, which is plenty sufficient to vent it off. But otherwise, that might have been a good idea. Main reason for having a bypass valve is so that when you pipe back vented air, it is routed around before the Air Flow sensor again, and reduces the chances of running rich in those instances. However, my BOV is located between the turbo and the MAF, so the air flow difference for fueling calculations will not be as noticeable. Instances where a bypass valve would be beneficial is where the MAF is located before the turbo which is not the case here.