Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 02-25-2010, 08:59 AM   #1
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Need Carpet

What's the best source for OEM (preferably) or aftermarket carpet? Need it for my 2000 (2dr) in tan.

What I mean by best source, is matches original perfectly, is pre-molded, and doesn't cost a fortune.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:10 AM   #2
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
i don't think I have any spare carpet, but i do have some 2dr door panels, and a few other misc items....
Old 02-25-2010, 09:29 AM   #3
a4d2a0m
GL Member

a4d2a0m is on a distinguished road
Just a few, pretty good prices. I have been considering the same for spring.

You should check with adria... I believe she just changed hers to black not long ago.

http://www.stockinteriors.com/AutoCa...21&ModelId=599

http://www.wlsheadliners.com/1999-th...pet-p-286.html

a4d2a0m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:01 AM   #4
PappaSmurf
GLS member

PappaSmurf is on a distinguished road
Black,
Along with Adria (99Alerogirl) I have also changed mine to black. We both got ours from stockinteriors.com. It fast easy to do and cheaper than most sites. Free shipping to. I only paid 129.00 for mine and that was the final price. They do take a few days to ship as the carpet was being cut and made. I have the black carpet sitting in my house waiting to be put in. Hope this helps.
-Smurf-
Old 02-25-2010, 12:31 PM   #5
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
I know someone who recently had a good experience with http://www.smsautofabrics.com/

Smurf, did your carpet come with any of the holes in it, or do you have to do that yourself?
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:27 PM   #6
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Silentalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
ACC matts hands down.

http://www.accmats.com/
Silentalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:50 PM   #7
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentalero View Post
ACC matts hands down.

http://www.accmats.com/

Yeah Mark, but their website item description said "No knockouts" meaning cut your own holes, right? I also wanna make sure the color is exact factory match guys. not a generic tan or whatever.

Old 02-25-2010, 04:37 PM   #8
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Silentalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
the only holes are for the seats brackets lol
Silentalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:00 PM   #9
a4d2a0m
GL Member

a4d2a0m is on a distinguished road
Unless you can order from GM, an exact match might be hard...

stockinteriors.com colour samples are quality pics, If you email them they might send you a sample.

a4d2a0m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:52 PM   #10
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
DOHC has a carpet for sale in his thread... it has been installed, but never used from what he said...

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showt...t=30321&page=3

Hope this helps!

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:03 AM   #11
PappaSmurf
GLS member

Black,
YES stockinteriors will send you samples of carpets free of charge. I wanted to see what color blue they had in their extreme colors. I received the sample a couple days later free of charge. Stock interiors has NO pre-cut holes. I find it better this way, that way you can cut some smaller and some bigger for personal preference. They also give COMPLETE instructions on their website as well as with a purchase.
-Smurf-
Old 02-26-2010, 05:45 AM   #12
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

tw0123: no, that's a custom color, blue IIRC. I want factory original tan as I stated, but thanks though.

PapaSmurf: color samples are good. The question is, are the carpets pre-molded (correctly)?

Old 02-26-2010, 10:37 AM   #13
PappaSmurf
GLS member

BJ,

As stated on their website, yes they are premolded. Even has the heel toe plate. I am not sure if they are molded differently in the two door versus the four door, though. I have personally seen 99alerogirl's carpet after she put it in and everything seemed as it were from the factory. No bumps or flatened areas. If you would like I could lay mine out and take some pictures and then send them to you...
Just let me know.
-Smurf-

P.S. Here you go; http://www.stockinteriors.com/reques...20100226103728, just go to that website and then click onthe first one in the list of choices (plush cut pile). Choose the color that matches CLOSEST to YOUR liking and then fill out you info and have them send you a sample. It costs nothng and they dont ask for anything in return.

Last edited by PappaSmurf : 02-26-2010 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Cause I wanted too.
PappaSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:53 PM   #14
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

thanks, I'll look into that.