Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 08-08-2010, 08:32 PM   #1
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
what came with 15x8 rims ?

I got brand new MT slicks on the way. What cars came stock with 15x8 rims that will fit our bolt-pattern and offset so I can get a set from the salvage yard cheap?

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:04 PM   #2
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

rustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to rustyballs_69
http://www.pilgreenwholesale.com/ser...Lasbare/Detail

Those are the only ones I could find so far. Ugly as hell but I'm sure no one will say anything after you beat their ass in the 1/4.

Not sure on the offset though, guess I should have looked into that before posting a link.

Edit: After looking into the sizes a little more I really don't think those are 15x8, I think they are 15X6.

Last edited by rustyballs_69 : 08-08-2010 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Forgot something
rustyballs_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:35 PM   #3
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
That gives me something to check into though. At least with a possible make/model I can get somewhere, and if it doesn't pan out, I can cross it off the list.

Thanks.

Anyone else?

Old 08-09-2010, 12:08 AM   #4
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
I got brand new MT slicks on the way. What cars came stock with 15x8 rims that will fit our bolt-pattern and offset so I can get a set from the salvage yard cheap?

I don't know of any, but I think SpyhunteR is not using his

What size and type of tire are you getting?
Old 08-09-2010, 12:21 AM   #5
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Should be 24.5x8-15 MT ET's

Old 08-09-2010, 12:28 AM   #6
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
You just need 2?
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:31 AM   #7
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

2 rims? yes. That's what I need. Thinking of heading down to the tire shop tomorrow and looking at something like some Cragar steels. They're cheap enough, around $60 each.

Old 08-09-2010, 12:41 AM   #8
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Should be 24.5x8-15 MT ET's

If they need inner tubes, I've got some new ones I'll let you use.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:47 AM   #9
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Greg, going to PM with ya on that.

Old 08-09-2010, 08:52 AM   #10
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
that is probably your best bet, not that many cars came with 15x8 stocks, most of results I turn up are trucks and suvs, now if you wanted to spend a little money and give some olds history, I know that the oldsmobile rally wheels came in a 15x8, not sure which series rally wheel it was though, but they are usually pretty expensive.......
Old 08-09-2010, 11:06 AM   #11
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

I didn't think I'd have to resort to this, but.....
Let me specify, needs to be an offset/backspace that will fit properly on FWD. no spacers, etc. Most RWD rims don't fit right on our stuff.

Old 08-09-2010, 01:18 PM   #12
Cliff8928

Is this right? Could be a pretty good deal if they still have a set.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/GWM-93-580350P/
Old 08-09-2010, 01:44 PM   #13
pimpalero2003
GLS member

pimpalero2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
I searched eBay and alittle on google couldn't even find aftermarket wheels with either 2 bolt patterns with a higher off set found alot of 4 lug ones though.
And those cliff don't believe have enough offset and prolly rub the perch.
We need what like 40mm offset or so?
Spacers may work but for drag and power you'll be putting out don't know how good they would hold up since were hubcentric.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:01 PM   #14
Cliff8928

No, those wouldn't rub the perch, if anything they would stick out without enough offset.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:41 PM   #15
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

good price on those, I'll check with the local tire store for the backspace/offset.

Old 08-10-2010, 01:12 AM   #16
Cliff8928

That was the offset/backspacing that Kyle recommended in the other thread. A tire store is probably going to tell you that you need +40 offset.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:05 AM   #17
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff8928 View Post
That was the offset/backspacing that Kyle recommended in the other thread. A tire store is probably going to tell you that you need +40 offset.

Indeed, but then if there IS a model number with the correct offset, I can find it.

Old 08-10-2010, 11:55 PM   #18
Chris2000
GL Member

Chris2000 is on a distinguished road
http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/pts/1883370285.html

Found these randomly looking on craigslist. All i saw is 15x8 and 5 lug, figured i'd post it here. I'm 5 mins from lockport if you want me to take a look or anything let me know.
Chris2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:09 AM   #19
AleroB888
GLS member

Quote:

Has to be 8 ?? can't be 7 1/2 or 7 ?
Old 08-11-2010, 06:09 AM   #20
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

doubt the vette rims will have correct offset. it's RWD.

I'll look into that some more Greg. I've been told that you want as close to the same size as possible when you're throwing down lots of torque. Maybe I'm taking that too far?