Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 01-16-2011, 04:34 PM   #1
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
My daughter gets first "mod" done to her Alero

So, my daughter had some assistance getting her first mod done to the Alero. She had this done at 0730 this morning on the way to work.

The guy that assisted her in performing the mod was at .08 BAC, and interestingly knocked her into a police car.

SHE'S OK (which is the most important part), shaken up obviously, but looks like it's RIP for this beast. I'm unsure what I'm going to do with the car at this point, since we haven't even gotten things sorted out with insurance yet. Oh well, hopefully insurance will pay enough to get her another car, but I doubt they'll fix this one. Car might continue it's days as a full track race car, we'll see.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:43 PM   #2
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Glad to hear BOTH of you are ok, keep us posted
Old 01-16-2011, 04:49 PM   #3
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
Love the body kit she put on the Alero... And where did you get that hood?

Glad she's ok.
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:53 PM   #4
Ttop191
GLS member

Ttop191 will become famous soon enoughTtop191 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ttop191 Send a message via MSN to Ttop191
sedan or coupe? i know kyle has been looking for a wrecked coupe.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:56 PM   #5
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the concern for her. The car isn't planned to be sold and/or parted out yet until I assess the situation.

The new design cowl hood on it might be for sale though :P

Old 01-16-2011, 05:04 PM   #6
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

Shiwnath is on a distinguished road
Cars come and go. Glad to hear she's alright.
Shiwnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 05:05 PM   #7
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
It's got an agressive, retarded look to it now.
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 05:08 PM   #8
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Funny, it does look like it got in a fight

Old 01-16-2011, 05:08 PM   #9
Whitetigerboi83
V.I.P. Member

Whitetigerboi83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Whitetigerboi83 Send a message via MSN to Whitetigerboi83 Send a message via Yahoo to Whitetigerboi83
lil duct tape and bondo and it'll be ok
gald shes ok too
Old 01-16-2011, 05:12 PM   #10
robalero
GLS member

robalero is on a distinguished road
that will buff right out!
robalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 05:13 PM   #11
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

I don't know, this might be the opportunity for a cage project with light weight one-piece front end and stripped engine (no a/c, manual steering, etc).

hahaha - this just reminded me of a movie..."My dad's a TV repair man, he's got an AWESOME set of tools! We can FIX it!"

Old 01-16-2011, 05:15 PM   #12
WhiteV6
Wide Open Throttle

WhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond repute
Glad she is ok, that is certainly the important part. Also good to hear from you again! Yeah, track car might be a good idea. RWD conversion
WhiteV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 05:19 PM   #13
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

sure Ben, except I remember seeing a GA that never really worked out with a RWD.....

Old 01-16-2011, 05:26 PM   #14
adam337
GLS member

adam337 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to adam337
make sure shes okay tomorrow.. lot of times you dont feel it until the next day. did the cop look at the guy that hit her like he was an idiot?
Lonnie: How would she feel if I took the booty one of the ladies has offered up.. What am I going to say... It's not my fault some gifts are better then others.
adam337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:45 PM   #15
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Doesn't look like the cars weren't moving all that fast.. or else there'd be alot less left of the front end... so theres a really good chance she'll just be a little sore tomorrow. Obviously being the super protective dad he is, BJ will make sure shes fine.

...and if shes not, he'll give her my number so I can chat with her to make sure... right..... right??

you didn't even clear the headlights....
Old 01-16-2011, 07:23 PM   #16
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
i'd say something clever if BJ didn't look like a block of iron

good thing no one was injured
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:24 PM   #17
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
i'd say something clever if BJ didn't look like a block of iron

good thing no one was injured

I don't think the drunk driver was... but if he was, would anyone care?
Old 01-16-2011, 08:14 PM   #18
robalero
GLS member

robalero is on a distinguished road
^^^^ no not really he was a dumbass for driving drunk thats no excuse for anything. it wasn't an accident he did it intentionally in my mind since he decided to drive ridiculously drunk
robalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:16 PM   #19
Ttop191
GLS member

Ttop191 will become famous soon enoughTtop191 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ttop191 Send a message via MSN to Ttop191
i wouldn't exactly call .08 BAC ridiculously drunk... I'm not arguing that it was dumb...but its not that ridiculous.

Last edited by Ttop191 : 01-16-2011 at 08:41 PM.
Ttop191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:55 PM   #20
That01Olds
GLS member

That01Olds is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by robalero View Post
^^^^ no not really he was a dumbass for driving drunk thats no excuse for anything. it wasn't an accident he did it intentionally in my mind since he decided to drive ridiculously drunk

.08 BAC is not ridiculously drunk. It's right at the legal limit for the the BAC law in the U.S. and is about the equivalency of having 2-4 drinks depending on your weight of course. Now regardless driving while under the influence of any amount of alcohol is stupid and should never be done because when you drive under the influence you are not only a danger to yourself, but your a danger to the other people that you share the road with. I'm glad to hear that everyone was ok though and it sucks that the first mod done to her car ending with it being wrecked.

As for the cop being there when the wreck happened it reminded me of a video I saw earlier this week where someone wrecked right in front of two cops.

http://www.kake.com/home/headlines/S...34033 29.html
2005 Mazda6 S Wagon 3.0L V6 (MZI) (Sold).
2013 Mazda3 i Touring Sedan 2.0L I4 (Skyactiv-G) (Sold).
2010 Chevrolet HHR LT 2.2L I4 (LE8) (Sold).
1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 3.5L Twin Cam V6 (LX5) (Sold).
2001 Oldsmobile Alero GL 2.4L (LD9) (Sold).
That01Olds is offline   Reply With Quote