Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 02-09-2014, 02:22 AM   #1
MiLo
GX Member

MiLo is on a distinguished road
New Speakers now looking for Subs

So i just bought these 6x9 speakers for the rear deck and these 4x6 speakers for the front doors, but now im looking for subs to compliment them. ohh if this makes any difference i have this head unit.

i have the slightest clue on subs and amps so i'm looking for a little help.

i know the speakers i bought are not gonna push all the bass but at the same time i don't want to get a crazy set of subs that will knock my ear drums out. im not looking to be noticed while getting to work and back, i just wanna notice my music (ya feel me). i'm looking for something simple that's 1.)not gonna take up all the room in my trunk 2.)get me pulled over 3.)not gonna get me jacked cuz haters will be haters especially living here in ChIraq lmao.
so that being said, i was leaning towards maybe one 10" or two 8"s. or maybe even something with an amp already attached. idunno what they're called. a powered sub i think.
for all you Audio Techs out there, any imput would be of great help. thanks
JVC kw-hdr720 Double Din Head Unit
Polk Audio DXi691 Coaxial & DXi461 Plate Speakers
White/Glossified Plasti-Dipped OEM 15" Rims
Red Painted Brake Calipers & Drums
CarDomain home page is pretty much before pix.
The after pix haven't been taken yet... Still under construction
MiLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:22 AM   #2
S8track16
GL Member

S8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond repute
First off, I wouldn't bother with the powered subs. There are so many options you could go with: Sundown SA-8 (400W RMS), Soundqubed HDS210, Skar Audio MA-8 (similar to the sundown), JL 10w6 or w3...etc. For an amp, this does around 300RMS+ and is extremely small: Fosgate PBR300.1. Other options: Alpine MRP series, Fosgate p300.1, p500.1, Hifonics is more affordable. Since you live in the states, you should be able to find good deals on these products or ones with equal quality without having to pay crazy shipping and customs charges at the border.

New System in Progress...Mids/Tweets: 2 Skar SPX component sets powered by a Skar 85.4. Subs: Hybrid 15" DD/AA, Amp: Skar SK3500, 2 runs (power and ground) of Knu OFC 0 gauge, XS d3400 up front, 2 Deka g31s in the trunk...more to come
S8track16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 02:31 PM   #3
MiLo
GX Member

whats wrong with powered subs?

what are the differences between these and regular subs? like i said, i don't know anything about subs and amps, i'm just now learning about this as i go. can you maybe give me a lil more info as to why i should get these particular options you suggest.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:18 PM   #4
negolien
GL Member

negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien
If you have the time to wait a bit keep your eye on the Fry's adds. The are always having the Polk DB1222 on sale for $150. Oh btw for amps Kenwoods 8105D are good and cheap for that box.

http://www.frys.com/product/5481739?...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG
negolien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 04:33 PM   #5
MiLo
GX Member

i guess what i'm trying to say is, if i can get away with just the interior speakers that sound really nice, do i even need any subs? i've been told that i can just buy a 4channel amp and wire the interior speakers to that so i can get the most out of these speakers, therefore i won't need any subs. is this true?

and the only reason why i would get a powered sub is to basically get a little more bump for the lows that im missing from an already great sounding system. plus its small/compact and comes with the amp already.. like i said, i'm not trying to get crazy loud, i don't want everyone turning their heads looking to see me coming down the block, i wanna stay low key.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:14 AM   #6
Alerojester
GL Member

Alerojester is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Alerojester
I'm running kicker doors and power acoustic 6x9's and i had a buddy thinking I had 10's all off my screen i popped my trunk to prove there were no sub's or even an amp, good component speakers can do some justice in my little knowledge of car audio

stock 2.4-building a WAI to a CAI 3A Racing muffler- ~Kicker Door speakers and Power Accustic rear speakers 10% tint 18x7.5 Alt Sonix, 2001 GLS sedan
Alerojester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:25 AM   #7
negolien
GL Member

negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien
I tell ya what the monsoon amp isn't a push over either. I ran stocks and It sounded very good. Sounded even better when I put the SounStream SST6.9 in. Though I still like having the 2 12's pushing some Linkin Park or Metallica.
negolien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:21 PM   #8
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiLo View Post
i guess what i'm trying to say is, if i can get away with just the interior speakers that sound really nice, do i even need any subs? i've been told that i can just buy a 4channel amp and wire the interior speakers to that so i can get the most out of these speakers, therefore i won't need any subs. is this true?

and the only reason why i would get a powered sub is to basically get a little more bump for the lows that im missing from an already great sounding system. plus its small/compact and comes with the amp already.. like i said, i'm not trying to get crazy loud, i don't want everyone turning their heads looking to see me coming down the block, i wanna stay low key.

The 6x9's are known to push out more bass than a conventional 6.5 speaker, but it's at the expense of clarity. If I was you, I'd get a monoblock amp and 2 10" Alpine SWE 10S4's and leave the speakers alone, whether they're monsoon powered or head unit powered.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/alpine-1...eci fications

The Alpines are 40 bucks at Best Buy, and only put out 250 watts but you can get them cheaper than that if you search online.

For 10's they're decent and with the right amp and sub box they will sound good. I would simply recommend not using the sub gain on the head unit and let it all be naturally powered by the amp and it won't be as loud. 10" subs don't really get very loud anyways, and 500 watts (if you get 2) isn't much, but it's also always good to be able to crank it up a notch on the interstate for bass you can feel.

I had these subs in 12"s and used a Sony 1100 watt amp to power them. The amp isn't really powerful, it only puts out 600 watts bridged, enough to power the 2 subs. It didn't get crazy loud unless I turned up the sub volume on the head. I would seriously recommend them.
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote