Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 02-13-2014, 04:34 PM   #1
negolien
GL Member

negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien
Exclamation Need an amp for your subs?

Fry's has the Kenwood 500rms/1000peak class D on sale for like $111 bucks. I use it to push my Jackhammers and it's a good deal for the price.

http://www.frys.com/product/6205260?...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG
negolien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 04:37 PM   #2
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Not a bad price. But im not a fan of kenwood anything.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 05:48 PM   #3
S8track16
GL Member

S8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond repute
Personally, I like to stay away from amps that have fake max power numbers on them. Don't put 1000 Watts on an amp that can only do 500w.

New System in Progress...Mids/Tweets: 2 Skar SPX component sets powered by a Skar 85.4. Subs: Hybrid 15" DD/AA, Amp: Skar SK3500, 2 runs (power and ground) of Knu OFC 0 gauge, XS d3400 up front, 2 Deka g31s in the trunk...more to come
S8track16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:20 PM   #4
negolien
GL Member

negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien
I run the amp and it's rating is actually a little low /shrug. I have had it for a couple years now and it runs like a champ.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:48 PM   #5
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
I had that amp for 2 weeks. I wasn't impressed. It's too weak for my tastes.
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:50 PM   #6
negolien
GL Member

so don't buy it
Old 02-13-2014, 08:58 PM   #7
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
I see someone is crabby today.
1996 Infiniti G20
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Old 02-15-2014, 08:43 AM   #8
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
Spend some money and get a good quality amps. S8track16 is right the cheap amps rarely put out the power they say. Go with an Alpine, Rockford or Kicker but kenwood makes some good products.
1999 auburn mist metallic gls sedan R.I.P
2005 Subaru legacy 2.5i 190k. New rims and tires for summer.
JLw7123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 12:58 PM   #9
negolien
GL Member

LOL yes crabby sorry was at work. Here's the specs shipped with he amp.

•CEA Rated: 1000 Watts of Power with 30% Smaller Chassis Size
•CEA Rated: 500W (1.0% THD+N) (2Ohm/1Ch)
Old 02-16-2014, 11:34 PM   #10
Nas Escobar
GLS member

The thing about these amps is that they tell you how much they can handle at a constant using the rating for 2ohms. Naturally that would be good for 2 4ohm subs since you can bridge them, but if you divide 500/2 you have 250 watts per sub at 2ohms. Now naturally, the subs don't care how they get the wattage (how many ohms), so you're good if you have 2 4ohm 250 watt RMS subs but it's not a good idea to have them like that since usually you don't always get 250 constantly, as was the case with mine. I got more close to 200 watts and the subs sounded fairly weak.
1996 Infiniti G20
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Old 02-17-2014, 01:30 PM   #11
negolien
GL Member

Mtx

Yeah Mine are the MTX JH45's 4 ohm 250 rms 1st link. That's individual.. the box specs are 2nd below and they run them bridged. I got the amp and box at the same time. Of the amps and boxes they had this was what I could afford and I tried to match the amp to the subs. They didn't have a ginormous selection purchasd in store at Frys + had them do install.

To be honest for the price of $100 I think the 8501D is a good value. Go to Crutchfield and do a search for class D subs under 115 bucks and see what options you have. I think it's a great amp for the crashed strapped average joe.

Now If I were to step up to say the Polk box running 2 12" subs I would probably get an amp with a little more power but as it stands I think that's a super match of amp and sub for under $300.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-ghVEFFq...JH4512-04.html

http://archive.mtx.com/caraudio/prod...Enclosures.cfm

Last edited by negolien : 02-17-2014 at 03:09 PM.
Old 02-17-2014, 04:35 PM   #12
Nas Escobar
GLS member

It's a good option, but entry level amps like this can be found new by wholesalers on ebay for $100 or so. I got a Sony 1100 Watt amp from there for $100 plus a 2 year warranty when Best Buy wanted $210. Now the amp is still on the low for RMS, but 300 watts @ 4 ohms and 600 @ 2ohms sounds a lot better. The only thing I don't like about it is that the tuning on the amp sucks compared to my Boston Acoustics amp.
1996 Infiniti G20
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Old 02-17-2014, 09:12 PM   #13
negolien
GL Member

Yeah still getting used to trusting ebay lol. Half the crap on there is knock offs :<(..
Old 02-17-2014, 10:04 PM   #14
Nas Escobar
GLS member

I'm well aware, but more and more online stores like Sonicelectronix are joining ebay. Besides, ebay of today is not the ebay of yesterday. It's becoming more like Amazon. I can tell you both as a seller and a buyer, it is a buyers market now. It's a lot more easier to be irked at a buyer over a product than as a seller over the transaction. You can't even rate a buyer negatively. If you even start a "case" with a seller, Paypal pulls the money back and only if you don't respond does the seller automatically win.
1996 Infiniti G20
1989 Buick Regal Limited