Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 01-26-2014, 08:31 AM   #1
03Alerosil
GL Member

03Alerosil is on a distinguished road
Pac Aoem-gm24

hey guys. One another audio upgrade quest. This time it's for the wife's 05 Impala. She has the bose system in her car with XM so we'd like to keep the factory HU and don't really have the money to replace it. She wants more bass and I have my old Bazooka set up I can install in her car. I want to use the PAC unit as it's plug and play and gives me a remote wire to hook into. Anyone use this kinda stuff before? Do i have to connect it at the HU or can i hook it into the factory wiring at the factory amp?

Thanks
03Alerosil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:49 AM   #2
S8track16
GL Member

S8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond repute
I did a quick google search of that product, it looks like it has to be hooked up near the deck (http://www.pac-audio.com/productDeta...CategoryID=28). In the picture on that website, Attachment 12217 there is a adapter plug at the top which has a remote wire coming from it. The only other thing you need is RCA cables for the front to the back.

New System in Progress...Mids/Tweets: 2 Skar SPX component sets powered by a Skar 85.4. Subs: Hybrid 15" DD/AA, Amp: Skar SK3500, 2 runs (power and ground) of Knu OFC 0 gauge, XS d3400 up front, 2 Deka g31s in the trunk...more to come

Last edited by S8track16 : 03-24-2014 at 03:32 PM.
S8track16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 10:32 AM   #3
03Alerosil
GL Member

I have read that too but noticed the connector on the amp is the same. Speaker signal is different though. Gotta pull the whole front of the dash off to get her radio out
Old 01-26-2014, 10:43 AM   #4
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
Isn't there a way to reach up from the foot area to the back of the deck? Even if you can't see up there if you.can get your hand on it, they only connect one way... i have done this with a coupl cars that required full dash removal for aftermarket decks but to do the pac install i could just reach underneath maybe removing a couple plastic trim pieces under the dash...

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 11:24 AM   #5
03Alerosil
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw0123 View Post
Isn't there a way to reach up from the foot area to the back of the deck? Even if you can't see up there if you.can get your hand on it, they only connect one way... i have done this with a coupl cars that required full dash removal for aftermarket decks but to do the pac install i could just reach underneath maybe removing a couple plastic trim pieces under the dash...

Thanks. Never thought of that. I will try and see if that works. I am a big guy though with big hands. 6'8" and 300lbs. Huge hands
Old 01-26-2014, 12:00 PM   #6
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
Lol that could be your downfall on this task... good luck!! Hope it works!!

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 12:03 PM   #7
03Alerosil
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw0123 View Post
Lol that could be your downfall on this task... good luck!! Hope it works!!

Lol thanks. It's my downfall on a lot of things and to think I'm a mechanic. Either way though I I'll get it done.
Old 01-26-2014, 01:32 PM   #8
RalphP
GX Member

RalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond reputeRalphP has a reputation beyond repute
Don't you have a smaller friend you can ply with a libation (be it beer or root beer, friend's choice) after they do that for you?

Be worth checking with your friends.

BIG hint - if their libation is alcoholic, they don't get it until AFTER the job is done *grins*

RwP
RalphP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 05:11 PM   #9
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
I just had the nastiest visual of a drunk midget being found, shoved up under his dash, looking for wires and getting yelled at by a really big scary dude... hahahhaa

**edit... see avatar<<<
Old 01-26-2014, 05:21 PM   #10
03Alerosil
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMGT1 View Post
I just had the nastiest visual of a drunk midget being found, shoved up under his dash, looking for wires and getting yelled at by a really big scary dude... hahahhaa

**edit... see avatar<<<

Lol. Now that's funny shit and one hell of a good idea. I got a small friend....hmm
Old 03-07-2014, 01:13 PM   #11
negolien
GL Member

negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien
Hey guys I had an install guy tell me a pac unit would be better than the Metra unit crutchfield sent me for my 2001 alero thoughts?
negolien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:38 PM   #12
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
PAC integrates the chime module into their kit, Metra does not. I'm not sure if your car has the radio integrated into your car's computer or not (the newer theftlock system) but I can tell you if it is so, then you need the PAC because it will keep your RAP feature and you won't have to tap into the ignition wire to get a switched constant.
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 04:14 AM   #13
negolien
GL Member

negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien
Ummm...So I' am thinking keeps chimes no RAP. So i' am guess the difference is one uses it's own speaker and the PAC uses the radio speaker yes I guess we'll see when I get the deck installed I had a migraine all day today so I didn't get the install scheduled maybe next week.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_120GMRC...r.html?tp=3486

Last edited by negolien : 03-09-2014 at 04:31 AM.
negolien is offline   Reply With Quote