Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > How-To Archive & FAQ

Old 11-29-2005, 02:36 PM   #1
falloutboy
GL Member

falloutboy is on a distinguished road
Hi folks.
So maintanence work is about to come.

Now a litte question

How do i get to my spark plugs on the other side of the enige?
the ones in the front are easy but what (and HOW ) to do, to get to the ones in the back ?

Thanks folks.

So long

Julian

(if possible use easy english. Don't forget I'm german :Noooo:
1979 350SB Chevrolet Camaro Project Thread
1995 Chrysler Stratus LX
1999 3.4L Oldsmobile Alero (resource page)
2002 Nissan Primera with CVT
falloutboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 10:00 AM   #2
Menace
@Kutztown University PA

Menace is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Menace
If your car is 3.4 then you have a v6 and the spark plugs arent hard to get to, they are under the 6 spark plug wires. If you dont know where they are then search on google or somthing.

2007 Scion tC in driveway!!

Stuff for sale

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13919
Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 10:14 AM   #3
doubleN0alero
They call me 8 point!!

doubleN0alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to doubleN0alero Send a message via Yahoo to doubleN0alero
I hope this helps you buddy...
Quote:
Originally posted by bigd6983@Apr 14 2004, 12:01 AM
I see that this was never discussed so I might as well since it was hard and I learned a lesson. First you will want to disconnect the rear vacuum hose, its thick and runs from the front passenger side to the middle rear to some kind of valve. I am sure someone will correct that.

If you were smart and bought the plug pullers they worked wonders on the front, only took me like 3 minutes to pull all 3 old ones out and put the new ones in, back is different. Personally I dont think there is enough room for that tool to be effective, (no room to pull).

on the passenger side you are going to reach back there and feel like around for your first plug, I suggest closest to you, so you dont forget any and nothing gets forgotten.

**Make sure engine is cooled down enough**

while trying to get the plug off I gurantee it will be a pain in the ass if it was never done before like mine, and most likely its going to take some time, strength, and pulling to get that thing off. its going to be tough to get a good grip on the boot, so dont get frustrated like i did and start pulling on the wire because that wire will come off the boot, trust me, it is not fun.

I would recomend have different size extensions like a 3", 6", and 9" because you never know which combo will give u the best room for your ratchet. Also if you can, have 2 spark plug sockets. one with and one without the rubber part inside, sometimes it will come in handy sometimes it wont. so basically roll through each plug one at a time and replace the plug wire after each plug is installed(safest way). If you can remember which wire goes where you can leave them off and it will give you more room, i think its 1-3-5 standing on the passenger side of the engine bay looking towards the drivers side, but check first!

Hopefully this helps anyone who needs it, replys and suggestions for the post are encouraged. thanks

und vielleicht wird dies noch mehr helfen.... Ich bemühte mich nur, einiges der Arbeit daraus für Sie herauszunehmen.

Ich sehe, daß dies nie besprochen wurde, damit ich auch könnte, weil es schwierig war, und ich lernte eine Lektion. Sie werden zuerst den hinter Vakuumsschlauch, seine roosteren und Läufe von der Front Passagierseite zum mittleren Hintern zu etwas Art von Ventil, trennen, wollen. Ich bin sicher, daß jemand das korrigieren wird.

Wenn Sie klug waren und den Stecker pullers kauften, den sie Wunder auf die Front wirkten, nur nahm mich wie 3 Minuten, um alle 3 alten herauszuziehen und die Neuen einzusetzen, zurück ist anders. Persönlich ich, den dont denkt, es gibt genug wohnen Sie für dieses Werkzeug, wirksam (kein Platz, zu ziehen) zu sein.

auf der Passagierseite werden Sie dort zurück reichen und werden wie herum nach Ihrem ersten Stecker suchen, schlage ich Ihnen am nächst vor, deshalb Sie dont vergißt keine, und nichts wird vergessen.

**Stellen Sie sicher, daß Motor genug entlang abgekühlt wird**

während sich zu bemühen, ihm dem Stecker gurantee von mir zu entfernen, ein Schmerz im Esel sein wird, wenn es mögen nie zuvor Bergwerk, und wahrscheinlichsten sein Gehen, etwas Zeit zu brauchen, Stärke, und das Ziehen, um diese Sache los zu bekommen. deshalb sein Gehen, zäh zu sein, einen guten Halt am Stiefel zu bekommen wird dont wie i frustriert, machte und fängt an, auf dem Draht zu ziehen, weil dieser Draht vom Stiefel abgehen wird, vertrauen Sie mir, es macht Spaß nicht.

Ich würde, recomend hat andere Größenvergrößerungen wie einen 3", 6" und 9", weil Sie nie wissen, wird welche Combo u den besten Raum für Ihre Ratsche geben. Auch wenn Sie können, lassen Sie Augenhöhlen verstopfen 2 Funken. einer mit und einer ohne den Gummiteil in, manchmal wird es es manchmal geschickt gewohnt hereinkommen. rollen Sie so im Grunde durch jeden Stecker eine zu einer Zeit und ersetzt den Steckerdraht, nachdem jeder Stecker (sicherster Weg) installiert worden ist. Wenn Sie sich erinnern können, schließen welche Gehen an, wo Sie sie auslassen können, und es wird Ihnen mehr Zimmer geben, i denkt seinen 1-3-5 Stehen über der Passagierseite der Motorbucht nach, die auf die Fahrer sieht, unterstützen Sie, aber überprüfen Sie zuerst!

Hoffentlich hilft dies jedem, der es braucht, replys und Vorschläge für den Posten werden ermutigt. Dank
Old 11-30-2005, 10:19 AM   #4
Menace
@Kutztown University PA

Menace is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Menace
That layed it out pretty good

Nice job translating to!

2007 Scion tC in driveway!!

Stuff for sale

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13919
Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 01:40 PM   #5
alero35b

universal extensions work wonders too!
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?...ecegjdghldghf.0
Old 12-01-2005, 11:55 AM   #6
falloutboy
GL Member

falloutboy is on a distinguished road
Hi,
thanks folks. for the fast answers.

So its possible to get em out, without removing the upper intake manifold.
Nice

The other stuff should be easy.
A little hard to reach, but as a car mechanic i'm used to it

(Got to admit. Car mechanic in a Nissan / Datsun dealership

Are these platin spark plugs or normal ones?
cause I thought, as i liked at the spark plug from cyl. #2 the spark plug has the special fine top of a platin spark plug.
But the dealer send me normal spark plugs.

does these make a big difference, or just the changing periods?

PS: Nice translation double alero. Are you german or what?

Greetings
FB
1979 350SB Chevrolet Camaro Project Thread
1995 Chrysler Stratus LX
1999 3.4L Oldsmobile Alero (resource page)
2002 Nissan Primera with CVT
falloutboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 12:13 PM   #7
doubleN0alero
They call me 8 point!!

doubleN0alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to doubleN0alero Send a message via Yahoo to doubleN0alero
Quote:
Originally posted by falloutboy@Dec 1 2005, 12:55 PM

PS: Nice translation double alero. Are you german or what?

100% all of my great grandparents moved here prior to World War 2.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:02 PM   #8
bigd6983

ha........that looked like my how 2........yea, those rear plugs are a pain........i liked that 2nd post, "just look under the 6 plug wires, if not then google it" lol thats classic

ha........that looked like my how 2........yea, those rear plugs are a pain........i liked that 2nd post, "just look under the 6 plug wires, if not then google it" lol thats classic
Old 01-10-2006, 05:24 PM   #9
WhiteNight

You should probably do it While your changing out your LIM and UIM, cause the the whole top of the motor is torn off anyways. nice and easy to get to. Im going to change out my thermostat as well while im down there.

Any sugestions on what else i should change out?

:alcoholic: Ron